[MMO] Do You Have Protection, My Darling? (0.10.13.0)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Do You Have Protection, My Darling? (0.10.13.0)

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 16:02

  This patch is dedicated to the additional protection of our less-PvP-hungry (and outnumbered!) groups of players. Walls should work better now since it is harder to scale them with improvised pontoons and siege ladders. Regional shields can also give you an advantage on the battlefield.
  Along with multiple fixes and tweaks, we are happy to inform you that we’ve managed to find and fix multiple issues with the server node crossing bugs. There is a certain chance that there are still some issues related that still persist, but we hope that they will be much less rampant.

Patch notes (ver. 0.10.13.0):

New features and tweaks:
  • All carried objects on the back will be automatically dropped when entering the Guild claim, where you do not have “Can enter” rights. This rule is NOT working during Judgment Hours. We’ve done this to make it significantly harder to get over walls outside of PvP active hours when some guilds do not have the sufficient players online or simply are not prepared
  • Reworked all shield visual geometry
  • Added new regional shields. Blueprints can be acquired the same way as armor blueprints - by crafting a certain shield
  • Targe Shield crafting has a chance to create a Heavy Targe Shield blueprint
  • Heater Shield crafting has a chance to create a Heavy Heater Shield
  • Kite Shield crafting has a chance to create a Heavy Kite Shield
  • Iron Round Shield crafting has a chance to create a Heavy Iron Shield
  • You cannot place a new Guild Monument on top of an existing Private claim. Your newly placed Guild claim needs to be at least 2 tiles away from the nearest Private claim. This is done to prevent griefer guilds that are raiding Private claims in this way. It can STILL be done but will require a couple of days for the realm radius to grow and for Private claim owners to react and move their claim
  • Guild invite cancellations should work properly now
  • Buildings that are partially on a claim cannot be removed by the “Destroy” ability now
  • Bleeding wound bandaging does not take as long now
  • Gather sprout, flint stone, ammo sling, berries and herbs abilities now need “Can Use” permission on Private and Guild claims.
  • Probability of female/male breeding changed from 70/30 to 60/40
  • Tweaked possibility of a blueprint drop in the "Use workbench" ability
  • Updated some Jewelry prices
  • Cooking blueprint possibility added (aprox. 20%). All 5-ingredient food can be crafted only via a blueprint
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Fixed multiple issues that caused server nodes to lose connectivity with each other leading to a different issue while crossing those server node borders. In some cases, your client might lose the connection with the server you’re moving on to. In that case, you will be bumped and the game will inform you that it recommends you to restart the client
  • Fixed a client crash while connecting to the game (related to the equipment slots)
  • Fixed an extreme overweight bug that randomly appeared in certain situations
  • Fixed sling shooting stamina bug
  • Fixed a bug that prevented bags, pouches and other containers to be put inside of other containers
  • Fixed building kit regional ingredient requirements
  • Fixed a bug that didn’t show the “infinity” button to auto-repeat your “Pour on the ground” ability
  • Implemented server-side optimization of the terraforming process. Server nodes that have been heavily terraformed should not suffer nearly as bad now from lag
— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Do You Have Protection, My Darling? (0.10.13.0)

Post by Khan- » 06 Dec 2017, 16:03

thanks
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Dec 2017, 16:05

Traduction disponible sur LifeIsFeudal.fr
Last edited by Saar on 06 Dec 2017, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

Hyzex

Post by Hyzex » 06 Dec 2017, 16:08

Thanks for the info :Bravo: :good:

Ryancathcartmech

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 06 Dec 2017, 16:11

So is the issue with loosing horses when crossing servers fixed?

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 06 Dec 2017, 16:12

Good fixes, but I'm curious about the auto dropping thing.

You said it's now "significantly harder" to get over walls outside of JH. What other options remain now? Can we blow open the walls instead for example? Or are we basically constrained to JH raids now?

Is JH introduced yet? If not - does that mean basically we have no way to get inside walls yet?

Helleri

Post by Helleri » 06 Dec 2017, 16:21

"All carried objects on the back will be automatically dropped when entering the Guild claim, where you do not have “Can enter” rights. This rule is NOT working during Judgment Hours. We’ve done this to make it significantly harder to get over walls outside of PvP active hours when some guilds do not have the sufficient players online or simply are not prepared"

So people can go trolling in someone else's turf. Retreat to the safety of their walls. And avoid reprisal by simply not being logged on during JH. IMO you've given the more powerful grievers more power. And probably without actually stopping this sort of raiding from happening either. I mean what happens if someone rides a horse trader cart with tent on claim and head jumps?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to get over most walls that way. Unless driven items count as carried. Even if so players will find a way to go completely around this. Like they've done with just about every other social policing update. Which means the single pro for doing it doesn't even really exist and all you're left with are the cons.
Last edited by Helleri on 06 Dec 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

GaspodeWD
True Believer

Post by GaspodeWD » 06 Dec 2017, 16:22

Zenjamin wrote:Good fixes, but I'm curious about the auto dropping thing.

You said it's now "significantly harder" to get over walls outside of JH. What other options remain now? Can we blow open the walls instead for example? Or are we basically constrained to JH raids now?

Is JH introduced yet? If not - does that mean basically we have no way to get inside walls yet?

It is now PvE during the week and PvP on the weekend. Only JH isn't implemented yet so it is actually a fully PvE server pretty much unless you can catch someone off claim and stop them getting back to the claim. Pretty much pointless going out on raids now. #RiseOfTheCareBear

Samf66

Post by Samf66 » 06 Dec 2017, 16:23

Why is it that only wild animals can breed? why not just make it a slower rate with bred animals?

Warlek

Post by Warlek » 06 Dec 2017, 16:25

Ryancathcartmech wrote:So is the issue with loosing horses when crossing servers fixed?

This patch might actually aggravate that. Right now, if you get stuck in "limbo", that is your server transferred from server X to Y failed, but top left says you're in server Y, and log out, you lose your mount.

You can save your mount by going back to server X and transferring back (can be seen top left), then you'll have saved your horse.

So unless the fact that horses in limbo disappear, this patch will actually remove the only way for you to save your horse from the bug.

Loopan88

Post by Loopan88 » 06 Dec 2017, 16:27

Nice patch.

Opagt

Post by Opagt » 06 Dec 2017, 16:48

We need some sort of automated turret defense structure. Something like a brazier that requires charcoal to fuel but will activate if enemies are near it doing crime on your guild or personal claim.

We also need some sort of tracking ability, if someone is stealing, damaging or other crimes on your guild or personal claim, a tracking ! item should show up at the crime area, which you can then gather and head towards either the Player or the Players Claim/Guild Claim.

Keldenrast

Post by Keldenrast » 06 Dec 2017, 17:04

This is one of the WORST patch ever-made.

No siege ladder ?
Nothing to compensate ? Just removing ?
Like for the animal's lore ?

So people are basically super-safe inside their base until JH will be added and you KNOW THAT IT WON'T HAPPEN because your server can't handle more than 100-200 persons fighting. (You got the data.)

R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

Basically when one of you dev go to the garage to repair his car when it's still working, you imagine that they will just remove it with a smile and say "hello, see you in a few months and we're not sure if it will work, lul !".

When you will actually listen to people instead of just doing stuff for people complaining ? As far as I notice the RP-server is kinda empty ? Feeling like a great victory -- Really ?

If you don't even listen to a part of the community, and pay attention to the one being so loud and crying because he doesn't even deserve his base, don't make vote if you don't want to follow it. Just do it on your way and don't try to look like "we're listening to you" because you changed your minds.

I thought it was supposed to be hardcore, no carebear and "aww poor sheep" (As bobik said and like 20% were sharing his "vision" according to the post he linked)...

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Post by Rickjames » 06 Dec 2017, 17:12

Zenjamin wrote:Good fixes, but I'm curious about the auto dropping thing.

Ever seen a circus? imagine that

Rickjames
Zealous Believer

Post by Rickjames » 06 Dec 2017, 17:16

havent you people ever seen horse ladders or circus type stunts? i have seen pyramids of people 12 high.. its all up to YOU what you can do during non JH

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 06 Dec 2017, 17:21

Best patch ever!!! Said no one.

Hey why'd you remove the player count from the server page?

Is it dropping daily with all these carebear patches?

Mckatface
True Believer

Post by Mckatface » 06 Dec 2017, 17:26

This patch benefits those who sit inside walls afk and is super duper lame. Either you're online, and can easily defend against someone walking encumbered with some shit on their back, or you're offline and its pointless to scale the walls.

Again, this patch only benefits afk people behind walls, and is overall damaging to the immersion and pvp aspect of this game.

I cannot believe I keep giving you guys money when you don't even listen to the community.

Nothing_Personal
Zealous Believer

Post by Nothing_Personal » 06 Dec 2017, 17:31

I'm not giving them another dime. I wish I hadn't bought a believers pack because I no longer believe in the future of this game.

We're not even a month in and it's turning in to just another mmo clone -safe haven, grow some crops, level up, feed your pets, like me on facebook, follow me on twitter and check out my new outfit garbage.

Hardcore MMO my ass.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 17:35

So this patch... hmm

Some good, some bad.

So no judgement hour, but you remove the ability to actually raid and get over walls.

Hmm... that is a bit of a pisser.

The question now is WHEN will judgement hour be put in?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Dec 2017, 18:09

Awesome patches and fixes, thanks guys!!

Nothing_Personal wrote:I'm not giving them another dime. I wish I hadn't bought a believers pack because I no longer believe in the future of this game.

We're not even a month in and it's turning in to just another mmo clone -safe haven, grow some crops, level up, feed your pets, like me on facebook, follow me on twitter and check out my new outfit garbage.

Hardcore MMO my ass.

Not sure what got your panties in a bunch from those minor tweaks to, mostly, mechanics not working as intended.

You were exploiting one of those and now you feel your little bullshit scheme is done? Want us to QQ with you all the way with you to do the door?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 06 Dec 2017, 18:20

See I'm confused though. Previously, even if you got over walls, you couldn't access anything anyway - it's protected. You can only kill people.

So... I don't quite understand why this change was necessary? You could only kill people, and if they ran inside a house for example, or logged off, you couldn't even do that.

So why is this change important? Particularly without Judgement Hour implemented or any indication of when it will be implemented?

It's actually the smaller guilds that will heavily suffer for this. People that don't have full walls yet or full fortifications. Bigger guilds will know it's not worth going to raid other big guilds - so instead, they'll simply ride around looking for the 5 person claims with no walls.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 18:55

Zenjamin wrote:See I'm confused though. Previously, even if you got over walls, you couldn't access anything anyway - it's protected. You can only kill people.

So... I don't quite understand why this change was necessary? You could only kill people, and if they ran inside a house for example, or logged off, you couldn't even do that.

So why is this change important? Particularly without Judgement Hour implemented or any indication of when it will be implemented?

It's actually the smaller guilds that will heavily suffer for this. People that don't have full walls yet or full fortifications. Bigger guilds will know it's not worth going to raid other big guilds - so instead, they'll simply ride around looking for the 5 person claims with no walls.

It is more the principle of it.

While you are 100% right, you cant do anything to anything BUT the people behind the walls. But now you will have a bunch of AFK macro skill grinders sitting behind walls that you cant touch.

IF we had the JH turned on, it wouldnt be so bad. But right now it is just a half measure to keep a few crying macro farmers happy.

And big guilds already do that, ride around and look for easy "conquests".

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Dec 2017, 23:37

While I understand and agree with the desire to improve the quality of life for non-PvPers, this is a short-sighted solution to fixing the issue, since the other major components of combat are not in the game.

Seriously - this change is a major step in the wrong direction. Guilds that are at war with each other should not be limited to going over walls only during judgement hour.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

GaspodeWD
True Believer

Post by GaspodeWD » 07 Dec 2017, 00:38

The game has been reduced to "consensual" PvP only. Next, you will implement a pop up where you have to challenge someone to PvP, and if they decline all you can do is give them a nasty stare.

Allshallperishfan

Post by Allshallperishfan » 07 Dec 2017, 10:09

VERY disappointed in this update! You should at least wait until sieges are implemented before taking away ability to siege, Or at least keep logs so we can stack logs in. This game always lags, and people always crash or loose items crossing server boarders, and instead of fixing it, they ruin it with stupid changes. I hope they do the right thing and fix sieges ASAP or switch it back before they do.

Pkan
True Believer

Post by Pkan » 07 Dec 2017, 11:21

Any plans for a regional Tower Shield or Pavise? :D

Wllstrt75
Zealous Believer

Post by Wllstrt75 » 07 Dec 2017, 13:33

So you are rewarding the people that did not properly terraform to make their walls more difficult to get over, (the lazy) then you also reward the afkers hiding behind their walls, all while limiting the action of those that PvP which actually drive the economy by using crafted gear that needs to be made like armor and weapons.

yup sounds like that's a good direction to go.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 08 Dec 2017, 23:36

Wllstrt75 wrote:So you are rewarding the people that did not properly terraform to make their walls more difficult to get over, (the lazy) then you also reward the afkers hiding behind their walls, all while limiting the action of those that PvP which actually drive the economy by using crafted gear that needs to be made like armor and weapons.

yup sounds like that's a good direction to go.

Nope. They are fixing an exploit.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Return to News and Information