5 ingredient recipes

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

W.lmb75

5 ingredient recipes

Post by W.lmb75 » 06 Dec 2017, 21:03

so with the 5 ingredient recipes getting release i eagerly made some food and got blueprints, my question about them is Does the required ingredient need to be gathered from the place in question ( for example one of my recipes says it requires Onions from the Rocky Plains ) or does it need to be cooked in the said region. I'm guessing its the first one as a way like most things in this game. Another way of slowing peoples progression down. Forcing people to trade or war over resources and making a cooks job even more hard.

Blackberrygoo

Re: 5 ingredient recipes

Post by Blackberrygoo » 06 Dec 2017, 23:39

I think it’s rather unique . And yes you do need the specific region for that specific ingredient ...

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Post by Burne109 » 07 Dec 2017, 00:18

sounds like someone will have a personal claim farm setup in the rocky plains soon :)

Caw1975

Post by Caw1975 » 07 Dec 2017, 18:44

As a Farmer / Cook / Forestor, it just wouldn't be worth it for me. There aren't enough hours in the day to justify the traveling on top of everything else that needs to be done. Plus, the time spent trading for the coin (with TPs that still don't always work properly) to maintain the claim(s)... Trying to trade for regional crops would take up almost as much time. Time I don't have to spare while keeping the tailor stocked in flax, the animals in straw, the people in food, the trees planted, the apples harvested as often as possible...

I managed to get all the way up to Cooking 30+ while stuck with 1.8 most of the time, I think everyone can manage without whatever god-tier multi you get from those 5-ingredient recipes.

Ryancathcartmech

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 07 Dec 2017, 18:54

So do you just get random blueprints while you're cooking food?

Robjames5
Devoted Believer

Post by Robjames5 » 07 Dec 2017, 19:02

yes, atleast when cooking 4 ingredient food..

Velius

Post by Velius » 07 Dec 2017, 20:07

Caw1975 wrote:As a Farmer / Cook / Forestor, it just wouldn't be worth it for me. There aren't enough hours in the day to justify the traveling on top of everything else that needs to be done. Plus, the time spent trading for the coin (with TPs that still don't always work properly) to maintain the claim(s)... Trying to trade for regional crops would take up almost as much time. Time I don't have to spare while keeping the tailor stocked in flax, the animals in straw, the people in food, the trees planted, the apples harvested as often as possible...

I managed to get all the way up to Cooking 30+ while stuck with 1.8 most of the time, I think everyone can manage without whatever god-tier multi you get from those 5-ingredient recipes.

Keep in mind that over the next few weeks regional resources will become much more widely-available as they will be able to be purchased from a trading post. I am imagining that in addition to the usual suspects of horses, high quality materials, and quality weapons, armor, and tools that you will see regional resources become one of the main commodities traded. There are already a good number of posts constructed with many more to come in short order that will make purchasing exotic resources from the other side of the continent extremely simple. While they will undoubtedly be expensive, that can be compensated for by selling your own region's resources.

Mmack1181

Post by Mmack1181 » 17 Feb 2018, 05:21

I am curious are the blueprints for food a one time use? or once they are learned you can make it whenever you want?

Velius

Post by Velius » 18 Feb 2018, 05:42

Mmack1181 wrote:I am curious are the blueprints for food a one time use? or once they are learned you can make it whenever you want?

One time. Good for 20 servings or so each. You get massive amounts of them and cooks are always looking to trade. Not really much of an inconvenience.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 20 Feb 2018, 19:16

Just trade the recipes with another guilds cook. Its a lot less hassle

Mndfreeze

Post by Mndfreeze » 22 Feb 2018, 10:09

My guild is based in Rocky Plains and we are always open to trade with other guilds provided we are not at war with you. Send me a PM if you want to trade with us and I'll direct you to our guild diplomat.

Return to General Discussion