Horses.... spawn?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ryancathcartmech

Horses.... spawn?

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 06 Dec 2017, 13:00

So I can't find any real information due to searches bringing things up from years ago and no current or relevant results being found.

I have probably 20 hours spent running and riding around to find horses. First horse took 8 hours to find. 8 real hours. Once I tamed a horse I found 2 more in about 4 hours. And randomly stumbled across one where people said they don't spawn in the north. Then they were all lost due to server line issue and random tile taking players to no man's land.

So running around again. People say they spawn in the desert so I look and look usually to no success.

So does anyone know how the spawns actually work? If you kill animals do the spawns reset by individual server or by the entirety? Do peaceful and aggressive have separate spawn amounts is or it just a total? Do they spawn at specific times? And all in all is there a good way to find them other then scouring as much real estate as possible with the addition of blind luck?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Lexdukker

Re: Horses.... spawn?

Post by Lexdukker » 06 Dec 2017, 13:22

I spend way more hours than that looking for those damn horses...didnt find shit.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 07 Dec 2017, 13:49

Lexdukker wrote:I spend way more hours than that looking for those damn horses...didnt find shit.

I saw some on EU server 20 :)
Hope this helps

Edit

I have outlined in red on the map so you can see exactly where :-

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 07 Dec 2017, 13:57

I'm pretty sure horses don't spawn. All I hear is "Horses are so easy to find!" Bull. I've found one, lost it in the middle of a server as I got kicked off and it dissapeared.

Second one was given to me by a friend, also lost that in the middle of a server. No where near a server border. Go back to pre-alpha please.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 16:19

Horses are a random spawn like any other animal.

There can only be so many animals on the server tile at a time.

If all you see is grouse, rabbits, and moose, then kill them all, and wait. The next game day the spawn will reset. You may get 100 wolves or a few horses.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 07 Dec 2017, 16:49

Hodo wrote:Horses are a random spawn like any other animal.

There can only be so many animals on the server tile at a time.

If all you see is grouse, rabbits, and moose, then kill them all, and wait. The next game day the spawn will reset. You may get 100 wolves or a few horses.

Good to know, thanks.

Ryancathcartmech

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 07 Dec 2017, 17:46

Thanks hodo that helps. I suspected but was unable to test due to sling being broken. Now that they foxed that and I leveled bow skill I can actually kill animals in the zone.

Does a new day start in the middle of the night cycle or when it shifts from night to morning?

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 18:45

Ryancathcartmech wrote:Thanks hodo that helps. I suspected but was unable to test due to sling being broken. Now that they foxed that and I leveled bow skill I can actually kill animals in the zone.

Does a new day start in the middle of the night cycle or when it shifts from night to morning?

The new day usually starts at midnight in game.. but that is hard to tell without the REALLY dark part that was 15min around midnight.

The spawns usually continue through the day.... until the server reaches its limit for that node.

Each node may have a different limit or limitations on the sizes that spawn there... but I havent seen anything like that yet.

Usually 1 bear, 3-5 wolves, 4-8 rabbits, 4-8 Grouse, 1-2 cows/bulls, 1-3 deer/hind, 1-2 moose, and 1-2 boar/sow. Those are the common animals.
Last edited by Hodo on 07 Dec 2017, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ryancathcartmech

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 07 Dec 2017, 18:50

Thank you I really appreciate the info.

Velius

Post by Velius » 07 Dec 2017, 20:14

Each tile is different with some having more frequent spawns than others due to their ecosystem and how developed it is. Your best bet is to go looking once the game comes back online from maintenence. A single server going down usually won't refresh the spawns, but the entire NA or EU going down for a reboot or patch will. Our tamers usually bring back around 6-8 horses in total when they go out on an expedition for them after a reboot. Keep in mind, however, that it will refresh ALL the spawns so in addition to horses all the wolves and bears will be out and about as well.

Ryancathcartmech wrote:People say they spawn in the desert so I look and look usually to no success.

Wow, whoever told you that must really hate your guts and want to see you cry. Horses do not live in deserts, aside from the odd once-in-a-blue-moon random spawn. Plains, moors, and fields that border forests seem to be the most common places where the congregate. Make sure you take a torch with you as wolves frequent the same areas.

Return to General Discussion