mmorpg.com - back in business!

All your fan creations go here!

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

mmorpg.com - back in business!

Post by Siegbert » 18 Mar 2014, 07:36

mmorpg.jpg

LiF is among the 7 most anticipated games on mmorpg.com again. We can do better!

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Re: mmorpg.com - back in business!

Post by SirWinston » 18 Mar 2014, 10:36

Nice to see this game is alongside upcoming titles like Star Citizen or The Repopulation.
Spoiler

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Mar 2014, 13:04

Up it goes!

mmorpg2.jpg

Aheeia
Alpha Tester

Post by Aheeia » 18 Mar 2014, 14:18

do you have to register to influence the hype-level or is klicking about Lif there enough?

nvm. hyped :good:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Mar 2014, 14:26

You need to register and have some basic points, I think so you can do anything there.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Mar 2014, 17:26

Way to go, guys!

mmorpg3.jpg

Come on, let's crush Gloria Victis :evil:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Mar 2014, 17:27

Jumping fast :D It will be piece of cake. :evil:

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 18 Mar 2014, 19:11

Can't hype it, my account doesn't have the rights. :fool:
Spoiler

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 18 Mar 2014, 19:13

Winston wrote:Can't hype it, my account doesn't have the rights. :fool:

Make some posts in the LiF forum section and if that doesn't work it is time based. Darkfall bots were really bad at one time at skewing the hype meter there so...

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 19 Mar 2014, 10:43

mmorpg4.jpg

Gloria Victis, you're next! :evil:

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 19 Mar 2014, 11:42

Siegbert wrote:
mmorpg4.jpg

Gloria Victis, you're next! :evil:

Celebratory dance .gif

Spoiler

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Mar 2014, 06:49

mmorpg5.jpg

Mission accomplished! :ROFL:

Thanks, guys!

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 01 Apr 2014, 20:50

Woah, what happened? LiF was seriously downvoted...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Apr 2014, 21:34

Apparently GV fans are continuing on making accounts to upvote it and downvote LiF. Administrators on GV forums have encouraged people to do that.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 01 Apr 2014, 22:17

Sad but true. GV devs are terrified of Life is Feudal and I don't really know why because their game does not even directly compete with us. It is a FFAPVP capture the flag based game with random partial looting and no sandbox features.

Make an account over there guys and support our forum area by answering posts made by curious people over there. Post links to vids and screenies and share with this group. You can also support us by voting in the hype section on the lower part of the front page over there.

So get off your butt and go over there and support Life is Feudal!

http://www.mmorpg.com/index.cfm

8-)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 01 Apr 2014, 22:24

Arrakis09 wrote:Apparently GV fans are continuing on making accounts to upvote it and downvote LiF. Administrators on GV forums have encouraged people to do that.

Man, this is bs (the downvoting stuff)
They should downvote ESO for what it's worth ^^

Sad but true. GV devs are terrified of Life is Feudal and I don't really know why because their game does not even directly compete with us. It is a FFAPVP capture the flag based game with random partial looting and no sandbox features.

Well, it's the closest thing to LiF (sorta realistic medieval approach, directional combat, indie developer)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Apr 2014, 23:42

It may be closest thing, but it aint the same genre. LiF is true sandbox, with a much, much more features than GV has or for that matter will ever have. The truth is GV creators are trying to compensate with that cheating on the mmorpg.com toplist for all the stuff they missing in the game itself.

Honestly I am not really that worried, and propably Bobik and the rest devs aren't either. We all know what does GV represent and what LiF has to offer.

And don't get me wrong, I like how the GV looks so far, it's just they are trying to 'compete' with a project much more bigger than theirs and really just a different genre. So the fact that they are trying so hard to hold us back there won't change the fact, that they are far behind us and it is basicly just massive pvp game with some small ammount of sandbox elements.

And as for ESO, it will dissapear from the list as it's soon going to be released.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 02 Apr 2014, 05:04

I don't care too much about GV either. I just want LiF to be up on this list so people can find out about it.

Jogobogos
Alpha Tester

Post by Jogobogos » 02 Apr 2014, 10:21

Honestly - I felt the same when we had 8.40 for about two months and then rolled down into 8.10 right when LiF jumped MMORPG, but please tell me why the should we turn down each other which will only lead to two medieval themed games fall down and give space for another fantasy MMO?

As I'v spoken with Bobik and I am sure he agrees, we should both compete against fantasy games but not against each other. At last not in that way.

I really feel bad when I see posts telling that we ecourage people to downvote LiF, I never told and never will tell that to anyone because I am freaking fan of this project and can't wait to play it.

By the way I really hope you know that dummy accounts votes are not counted when they loose 5 reputation. And that's the easiest way to roll down so fast out of the list.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 02 Apr 2014, 10:33

Jogobogos wrote:Honestly - I felt the same when we had 8.40 for about two months and then rolled down into 8.10 right when LiF jumped MMORPG

Well, I didn't downvote GV. Maybe some people did, I don't know. I'm pretty hyped for both projects.

As I'v spoken with Bobik and I am sure he agrees, we should both compete against fantasy games but not against each other. At last not in that way.

Hear hear.

On a side note:
I know I depicted GV as arch enemy in this thread but that should be regarded as merely a joke. I want both games to be on this list, hopefully quite high in the rating.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Apr 2014, 12:03

Jogobogos wrote:Honestly - I felt the same when we had 8.40 for about two months and then rolled down into 8.10 right when LiF jumped MMORPG, but please tell me why the should we turn down each other which will only lead to two medieval themed games fall down and give space for another fantasy MMO?

I really feel bad when I see posts telling that we ecourage people to downvote LiF, I never told and never will tell that to anyone because I am freaking fan of this project and can't wait to play it.

By the way I really hope you know that dummy accounts votes are not counted when they loose 5 reputation. And that's the easiest way to roll down so fast out of the list.

I don't see any reason to compete with each other, it's true both projects are a medieval games, but as I said these are different kind of games, while LiF is 100% sandbox game, GV is massive pvp.

Also nobody mentioned that you have encouraged people to downvote LiF, but they could get that idea by themselves.

We really should support each other, while I think about it and get deeper into that topic, we should really not argue about position on that damn list. Both GV and LiF are great projects, and both should succeed, let's just not shoot each other in the back. :)

Fayst
Alpha Tester

Post by Fayst » 02 Apr 2014, 12:16

just let time pass. lif will make there way no matter what "hype" rank the game has/had on the mmporg.com.
the major playerbase won't be catching infos about LiF there anyway.

just spread the word on reddit or somewhere. make youtube videos etc. it gives you alot more attention now then lif will get from mmorpg.com discussion threads.

and when lif will hit a stable 24/7 server release we don't even talk about "hype" lvl anymore.
{{ Fayst's Stream }} {{ irc.enterthegame.com #themercs }}

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Apr 2014, 13:05

Jogobogos wrote:Honestly - I felt the same when we had 8.40 for about two months and then rolled down into 8.10 right when LiF jumped MMORPG, but please tell me why the should we turn down each other which will only lead to two medieval themed games fall down and give space for another fantasy MMO?

That is all true and I completely agree with Jog. We share same vision that we have a very different games. And as indie developers we should compete together against AAA titles, rather then against each other.

I think we both agree, that MMORPG.com downvoting should not be encouraged at all on both of our forums or anywhere outside of them.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 25 Jul 2014, 12:33

Hey guys. It's a long time that LiF isn't among the top 7 games on that list anymore...
Why don't you just hope over and vote it up a bit? Especially considering we have so much more new people here by now.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 22 Sep 2014, 05:53

Maybe not as surprising right now but we're back on that list again.

All you new ones can help to raise it even higher!

Return to Fan Zone