suggestion for the combat system

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Robo9104
Banned

suggestion for the combat system

Post by Robo9104 » 17 Dec 2017, 01:34

HI im looking to give some constructive critisims here and some suggestions, currently the combat system in this game in my opinion is the least skillful and most dull and unsatisfying real time combat system i have ever seen. I come from chivalry and mount and blade so thats wat im used to. When i see 2 people with equal length weapons/2 handed weapons engage i mostly see hit trades/both player strike each other at the same time altho rarley 1 of the 2 miss somehow. If you combo u gunna have to hit trade ,even tho you do more damage, hit trading is not skilfull and this is dull and boring combat. If u parry the enemy he can still hit you right after you parry and start you're swing and you hit trade. The parry part is skillful but the game is made so it's useless and you take to much damage from the parry and still hit trade, you can do a special move after you parry wich does more damage but its still going to be a hit trade, MY SUGGESTION IS make it so when u parry you're opponent it stuns him every time enough that if u start a swing right away with say a 2 handed sword then he cant swing and hit trade with u, his only option should be to try and parry your blow or maybe try to run and dodge it, wich the run dodge shouldnt work most of the time if u run at him and swing if he try's to run and that right there would make the combat fun and skillful, thats what i hope the developers implement, because currently people just hit trade or try to get a hit in and run off really quickly wich ussualy result in a hit trade anyway. The games combat should not be about who has better armor and more health and a better weapon, those should be factors but true player skill should be the number 1 factor of who will win. this current system, of pvp is so unstatisfying that im thinking of becoming an archer main and getting good at shooting the bow so i can at least feel good when i land a hit knowing that it takes skill to hit a moving target. PLEASE implement what i said above about the parry. Developers please do this please do something to fix hit trading. or just change the combat somehow to make it more of a battle between skill instead of better armor,weapon and more health wins. Since the only other thing to do other than build and grind is pvp and the pvp should be skillful and fun

Skuf
Devoted Believer

Re: suggestion for the combat system

Post by Skuf » 17 Dec 2017, 09:35

Robo9104 wrote:Wall of text

Use paragraphs.

Stop watching new players trying to fight and watch veteran PVPers fight, you'll get a better appreciation for the combat system. I can guarantee you that if you went head to head with a veteran PVPer in this you'd die, you might land one lucky hit.
Instead of crying learn to terraform to deter raiders.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 18 Dec 2017, 17:31

Exactly Skuff.

On both counts... paragraphs please, and learn the system before you complain about the system.

It is a lot deeper than you realize. At first I thought the same way till I actually spent time learning it. Now I know it is WAY deeper than it looks. Sure it isnt as flashy as BDO, which is all crap, or as bad as Mortal Online... which is comical now.

But it is a good system.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Bringerofruin

Post by Bringerofruin » 22 Dec 2017, 01:50

I agree that the combat system is good but I wish it to be a bit more fluid like Tiger Knight. Just my 2 cents.

*Edit* Oh and less lag would be great too.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 22 Dec 2017, 14:20

Bringerofruin wrote:I agree that the combat system is good but I wish it to be a bit more fluid like Tiger Knight. Just my 2 cents.

You want less lag? You have two choices....

1- Get a better ISP so your connection to the game server is faster and smoother.

2- Get out and fight in real life.

Both work.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Jrockman

Post by Jrockman » 28 Dec 2017, 03:37

Bringerofruin wrote:I agree that the combat system is good but I wish it to be a bit more fluid like Tiger Knight. Just my 2 cents.

"Fluid"?? you call it fluid? are u kidding me

Tiger Knight is more like Arcade game to me

like Dynasty Warriors shit

LIF is far more better, more realistic and hardcore combat system

Return to Suggestions and Ideas