Wurm Online Representing.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Nosfirebird

Re: Wurm Online Representing.

Post by Nosfirebird » 28 Mar 2014, 00:15

Arowhun wrote:
Jackburton wrote:Ok guys. I have arrived. Let the trolling begin.

Looks like a sweet game. Can't wait to give my money to this game instead of that jerkoff Rolf.

My jaw literally dropped when seeing you guys here. Jacky B. droppin wisdom, yet again. :lol:

I'm Arowhun. I've played for a long time on both the Wurm PvE and PvP servers, and have been hoping Wurm would eventually become something like what this game has to offer. From what I've seen so far, I'm hooked!

And yes, Rolf has shown some imcompetancies. To name one, when I was playing a few months ago on Serenity server there was a group of players exploiting game mechanics. They destroyed almost a dozen towns with their glitching, and in the process the town owners lost 100s of euros worth of real world money in gear, ingame currency (which is bought from the game store), and other assets. The sad part? I bothered Rolf day after day for several months, and it took 3 months for him to act. Actually, the people who were doing the exploiting got a get out of jail free card for some reason, and none were banned for the exploiting besides one individual.

Then of course, there is the Bashur fiasco. Rolf allways said that account name changes are never given to anyone. People have asked him in the past, and he allways denied them. Then one day, Bashur (big youtube star) comes into wurm and buys an account from someone with maxed out skills. He somehow convinces Rolf that he is worthy of a name change from the accounts original name (Ianrose) to Bashur. Rolf tried to keep this secret from the community, but we found out. We were not ammused.

The recent problem that Cndo mentioned has to do with the Chaos PvP server. Basically, the Jenn-Kellon stronghold of Sparta was destroyed by Mol-Rehan raiders. Using a game mechanic that has been around for a long time (Ever since it was added in 07 or so), Jenn-Kellon secured their gear inside Sparta's mine. Suddenly, Rolf appears and claims that the mechanic is actually a bug, and he opens up the mine for Mol-Rehan. MR then went in there and took the 250e worth of gear that was left inside there. People got mad and talked with Rolf. He decided to compinsate them by giving them lumps of rare "moon metals", which were worth about 50e. The reason this has gotten people so angry is that Rolf has allways had a policy of never intervening in a PvP situation, especially when it involves such massive amounts of money as this. It appears to me that something fishy was going on here between Rolf and Mol-Rehan.

People in Wurm are getting more and more angry. Players who have played since the game was founded in 2006, and who have been quiet, are begening to talk about their concerns on the forums. To make matters worse, the forum mods seem to be playing favoritism, and are deleting posts at random. I think this poll from the Wurm Forums might interest you guys here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/ ... -lif-poll/

In fact, LiF has become a major topic on the Wurm Online Forums.

In LiF, this is what I (and most other people in Wurm) hope for:
[*]A PvP enviornment where your stuff doesn't get raided over night and gone by the next time you log in (this is an issue in Wurm). I want a chance to actually defend my stuff.
[*]No random terreforming events that create craters and mountains, destroying towns in the process and making the landscape look aweful.
[*]Less grind. In Wurm, it takes months before you are good at anything. The skills are also set so that on PvP servers, players that have been around longer get a huge advantage.
[*]No insentives to buy and sell accounts. This was incredibly annoying in Wurm.
[*]A building system where you can design buildings, wall by wall, to be any shape you want. Wurm did this perfectly, and I would like to see this again in LiF.
[*]A PvE server. There is a huge amount of people that want to play in a sandbox mmo without the fighting part of it. In Wurm, this represents 90% of the playerbase.

arrowhun we wernt banned because we where not exploiting we where playing within game mechanics rolf changed those mechanics because rolf babied them. here in LIF bobiki says life is feudal deal with it. and i love bobiki because of it.
also he has alrdy said he wont make the mistake that rolf did and split ppl into separate clusters if they wanna play the game they need to take the risk of getting attacked its part of living since life is feudal :Yahoo!:

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 28 Mar 2014, 00:45

Nosfirebird wrote:
Arowhun wrote:
Jackburton wrote:Ok guys. I have arrived. Let the trolling begin.

Looks like a sweet game. Can't wait to give my money to this game instead of that jerkoff Rolf.

My jaw literally dropped when seeing you guys here. Jacky B. droppin wisdom, yet again. :lol:

I'm Arowhun. I've played for a long time on both the Wurm PvE and PvP servers, and have been hoping Wurm would eventually become something like what this game has to offer. From what I've seen so far, I'm hooked!

And yes, Rolf has shown some imcompetancies. To name one, when I was playing a few months ago on Serenity server there was a group of players exploiting game mechanics. They destroyed almost a dozen towns with their glitching, and in the process the town owners lost 100s of euros worth of real world money in gear, ingame currency (which is bought from the game store), and other assets. The sad part? I bothered Rolf day after day for several months, and it took 3 months for him to act. Actually, the people who were doing the exploiting got a get out of jail free card for some reason, and none were banned for the exploiting besides one individual.

Then of course, there is the Bashur fiasco. Rolf allways said that account name changes are never given to anyone. People have asked him in the past, and he allways denied them. Then one day, Bashur (big youtube star) comes into wurm and buys an account from someone with maxed out skills. He somehow convinces Rolf that he is worthy of a name change from the accounts original name (Ianrose) to Bashur. Rolf tried to keep this secret from the community, but we found out. We were not ammused.

The recent problem that Cndo mentioned has to do with the Chaos PvP server. Basically, the Jenn-Kellon stronghold of Sparta was destroyed by Mol-Rehan raiders. Using a game mechanic that has been around for a long time (Ever since it was added in 07 or so), Jenn-Kellon secured their gear inside Sparta's mine. Suddenly, Rolf appears and claims that the mechanic is actually a bug, and he opens up the mine for Mol-Rehan. MR then went in there and took the 250e worth of gear that was left inside there. People got mad and talked with Rolf. He decided to compinsate them by giving them lumps of rare "moon metals", which were worth about 50e. The reason this has gotten people so angry is that Rolf has allways had a policy of never intervening in a PvP situation, especially when it involves such massive amounts of money as this. It appears to me that something fishy was going on here between Rolf and Mol-Rehan.

People in Wurm are getting more and more angry. Players who have played since the game was founded in 2006, and who have been quiet, are begening to talk about their concerns on the forums. To make matters worse, the forum mods seem to be playing favoritism, and are deleting posts at random. I think this poll from the Wurm Forums might interest you guys here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/ ... -lif-poll/

In fact, LiF has become a major topic on the Wurm Online Forums.

In LiF, this is what I (and most other people in Wurm) hope for:
[*]A PvP enviornment where your stuff doesn't get raided over night and gone by the next time you log in (this is an issue in Wurm). I want a chance to actually defend my stuff.
[*]No random terreforming events that create craters and mountains, destroying towns in the process and making the landscape look aweful.
[*]Less grind. In Wurm, it takes months before you are good at anything. The skills are also set so that on PvP servers, players that have been around longer get a huge advantage.
[*]No insentives to buy and sell accounts. This was incredibly annoying in Wurm.
[*]A building system where you can design buildings, wall by wall, to be any shape you want. Wurm did this perfectly, and I would like to see this again in LiF.
[*]A PvE server. There is a huge amount of people that want to play in a sandbox mmo without the fighting part of it. In Wurm, this represents 90% of the playerbase.

arrowhun we wernt banned because we where not exploiting we where playing within game mechanics rolf changed those mechanics because rolf babied them. here in LIF bobiki says life is feudal deal with it. and i love bobiki because of it.
also he has alrdy said he wont make the mistake that rolf did and split ppl into separate clusters if they wanna play the game they need to take the risk of getting attacked its part of living since life is feudal :Yahoo!:

Nos, whenever anyone asks about those times just pls dont respond. Pls pls pls pls pls.

Nosfirebird

Post by Nosfirebird » 28 Mar 2014, 00:55

Nos, whenever anyone asks about those times just pls dont respond. Pls pls pls pls pls.[/quote]

if someone says i was exploiting i correct them and will always correct them

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 28 Mar 2014, 01:18

Nosfirebird wrote:
zehive wrote:Nos, whenever anyone asks about those times just pls dont respond. Pls pls pls pls pls.

You weren't exploiting, I'm not arguing that. But don't act innocent like you werent doing something wrong. Thats all I'm going to say about this ever again.
:friends:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Mar 2014, 01:32

If you wish to discuss and argue about your "sins" from Wurm Online, I suggest you move that conversation to the private area. Thank you.

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 28 Mar 2014, 08:50

Wow lots of wurm players here :D.

Lythron

Post by Lythron » 28 Mar 2014, 14:38

Hopefully the devs here won't listen to the loud and grunty players.
In wurm almost every update has come forth from groups of goldfishes who cry to rolf for their benefit. (mr chaos/jk epic)

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 28 Mar 2014, 14:43

Lythron wrote:Hopefully the devs here won't listen to the loud and grunty players.
In wurm almost every update has come forth from groups of goldfishes who cry to rolf for their benefit. (mr chaos/jk epic)

You won't find that at all here and it is actually the opposite.

They tell them "Life is Feudal" deal with it.

Lockdown

Post by Lockdown » 28 Mar 2014, 16:15

Pretty stoked to try this out. Will be fun to run into fellow wurm players
:Yahoo!:

Mortality

Post by Mortality » 29 Mar 2014, 10:21

As a Wurm player as far back as their Beta, I would like to stress one thing, the majority of Wurm players do not go in for the PvP side of things. Carebears Rule !

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 29 Mar 2014, 11:10

Mortality wrote:As a Wurm player as far back as their Beta, I would like to stress one thing, the majority of Wurm players do not go in for the PvP side of things. Carebears Rule !

We all know that already......

Welcome to the Forums.. :beer:

LiF will be more about people working together inside a kingdom and is a totally different type of game when it comes to players and the fact they will need each others skills a lot more than in Wurm to succeed as skills are limited by a cap.

Those players wanting to avoid playing with others or to be involved in kingdoms and want complete safety will have a land area for that around the main city as well as housing inside the main city for a cost. But most of the Open Land in the world will be for Kingdoms and Players who take the risks of being involved in World Politics and PvP.

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 31 Mar 2014, 00:23

Might be another wave of Wurm players making their way over here to keep an eye on things.

LythosMiralbar
Alpha Tester

Post by LythosMiralbar » 31 Mar 2014, 12:59

As a Wurm player as far back as their Beta, I would like to stress one thing, the majority of Wurm players do not go in for the PvP side of things. Carebears Rule !

I on the other hand play Wurm and I love PVP.. :Yahoo!:

I'm seriously looking forward to this game, it looks incredible.

So much so in fact, that I'm off to send over 50 euro's to get access to the alpha.

C ya around :D

Maurizio
Alpha Tester

Post by Maurizio » 03 Apr 2014, 13:29

Im pretty sure LIF will be attracting a lot of Wurm, Minecraft, Darkfall, Eve type players, Im pretty sure even M&B and Chivalry players too, I know a group from M&B persistent world checking it out.

But Hey all, Maurizio here from wurm Chaos.

Tarquin
Alpha Tester

Post by Tarquin » 12 Apr 2014, 18:06

Here from Wurm also. :beer:
Wow, this game makes any game, I've played thus far, sooo boring... I am so excited to try/play it! GO LiF Dev Team!

Xenus

Post by Xenus » 15 Apr 2014, 09:47

Oh wow, I used to play with that guy. I didn't know he did that stuff and was never really into Wurm politics, but I'm not really surprised either
Loads of drama around that guy

Also former Wurm player here if that wasn't obvious

Platinumteef
Alpha Tester

Post by Platinumteef » 16 Apr 2014, 21:49

Jackburton wrote:Might be another wave of Wurm players making their way over here to keep an eye on things.

Probably so.

Melmccall
Alpha Tester

Post by Melmccall » 25 Apr 2014, 08:16

Hi,
I play on Pristine under AussieMel.

Siligon

Post by Siligon » 27 Apr 2014, 17:37

im Madrocks, currenyly on a wurm break, when i play its on Deliverance :D

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 30 Apr 2014, 06:00

Siligon wrote:im Madrocks, currenyly on a wurm break, when i play its on Deliverance :D

you arent madrocks youre siligon.

you play on the madrocks account. get it straight.

AwesomeKeith

Post by AwesomeKeith » 02 May 2014, 01:26

I'm AwesomeKeith, Jenn-Kellon player on Epic. Planning on switching completely over to this.

Bei

Post by Bei » 02 May 2014, 01:30

Sup everyone im Bei from JK looking forward to playing this! :Yahoo!:

Madrocks

Post by Madrocks » 04 May 2014, 05:04

Siligon wrote:im Madrocks, currenyly on a wurm break, when i play its on Deliverance :D

You aren't Madrocks I am lets get that straight.

Volix

Post by Volix » 04 May 2014, 05:17

Hello, played Wurm Online currently a Blacklighter on the server Elevation.

Volix

Post by Volix » 04 May 2014, 05:24

Zehive wrote:
Nosfirebird wrote:
zehive wrote:Nos, whenever anyone asks about those times just pls dont respond. Pls pls pls pls pls.

You weren't exploiting, I'm not arguing that. But don't act innocent like you werent doing something wrong. Thats all I'm going to say about this ever again.
:friends:

He wasn't doing anything wrong game mechanism wise he bent those game rules to add life to a boring home server. Then of course Rolf went and babied them making it now almost impossible to do what he did. That is why Lif is going to be good due to its game content and their will not be any bias gms.

Ramaraunt

Post by Ramaraunt » 04 May 2014, 20:05

I find this thread very interesting, with all the conflicting reports made about this game. I tried it out for myself recently, and didn't like it. I guess it depends on the person.

EDIT: After looking at there forums for a bit today, I see some discontent. Might be getting another wave soon.

tibonhom
Alpha Tester

Post by tibonhom » 12 May 2014, 12:56

long time not play wurm but i love it , wild , JK :beer:
Last edited by tibonhom on 13 May 2014, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tiba666
Alpha Tester

Post by Tiba666 » 12 May 2014, 18:37

i also played wurm until on i though was a friend stole my account

Plebeian
Alpha Tester

Post by Plebeian » 13 May 2014, 19:06

Ahoy. I am Plebian/Plebina. I have played on Wild, Freedom and Epic servers on Wurm. I hope to see some familiar faces here on LiF.

Windamere
Devoted Believer

Post by Windamere » 14 May 2014, 12:56

Also a 7 year Veteran Wurmian - JK home (Serenity) presently. Hello Fellow Wurmians!!

Return to Newcomer Section