The ways of kickstarter (I don't get it)

Why this game is better than any other.

Sting5

The ways of kickstarter (I don't get it)

Post by Sting5 » 25 Jan 2014, 13:32

No, really:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has sailed past its Kickstarter goal in less than two days - http://l.gamespot.com/1mRcJjP.

How the F... some scene based, regular clone of Skyrim gets so much hype? How LiF doesn't get that much backers considering it's complexity and unique design compared to ripoffs like that one? No, I really don't. Please someone explain.
QUAERO TOTUS

P0stpwned

Re: The ways of kickstarter (I don't get it)

Post by P0stpwned » 25 Jan 2014, 15:32

Maybe nobody has friends anymore, so all they're left with is single-player games. The concept of having to work together with others is frightening.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 25 Jan 2014, 20:44

Well, it looks astoundingly good, it's historical without fantasy and seems to have a neat combat system.

I also backed this game.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 26 Jan 2014, 00:42

P0stpwned wrote:Maybe nobody has friends anymore, so all they're left with is single-player games. The concept of having to work together with others is frightening.

But, there is anither point of view, you know?

1st,

Some of us (including me) don't want to socialize and play with other peaople all the time. Every one of us needs a time for hime(her)self and sometimes, one just needs a break in some SP game.

2nd,

LiF is believed to be truly hardcore, with confirmed full PvP, full loot, and skill penalties upon death. Not everyone is looking for this ruleset.

3rd.

Kingdom Come: Deliverence simply is not a Skyrim clone. Yes, it has similarities, but god damn, there are so many games out there, it's hard to make something 100% original. Why are you judging a game that isn't released yet?

And, TBH while the components of the game may not be as original as you would like, the game as whole is something new. I really don't know any other Single Player open world RPG, without magic and based on real history an places.

Oh and... do you know why good SP RPG games are played by so many gamers? Cause we like stories, and good RPG games have good stories.

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 26 Jan 2014, 17:37

I guess those are good points. I, myself, have enjoyed many SP RPGs in my life (Chrono Trigger remains my favourite video game of all time). I guess my point is, though, if you like storyline then a linear progression should actually appeal to you more, rather than having to run around and level up a character, which doesn't add to the story progression at all.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 26 Jan 2014, 17:52

P0stpwned wrote:I guess those are good points. I, myself, have enjoyed many SP RPGs in my life (Chrono Trigger remains my favourite video game of all time). I guess my point is, though, if you like storyline then a linear progression should actually appeal to you more, rather than having to run around and level up a character, which doesn't add to the story progression at all.

Mass Effect series has a great story and it lets you run around too :D Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 Has a good stories too and yet, at some point, the game lets you chose what do you want to do.

And Skyrim... well yeah, Skyrim let's you run around and do a sh*tload of things. Yes, the main Story wasn't that good, but there are plenty of other, smaller, stories around :)

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 23 Feb 2014, 12:53

I believe if LiF was made with Cry3 as well, they'd have done better.

Seems people look at flashy graphics before game-play.
I've seen some good ideas for a game that have not got the funding they sought.

The problem I have is, if you took something like Kingdom Come, could they get the code to work as good as something like LiF. Area transitions are a bugger to do in CryEngine and don't suit MMO's well.

Be interesting to see how Star Citizen pulls it off, just need someone to do it with a game like LiF :cry:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Feb 2014, 13:07

Well yeah, quality sells. I don't get the hate. I regard Kingdom Come as a singleplayer cousin to Life is Feudal.

They're really well focused on historical accuracy and dare to try new things, like the innovative combat system.
The reason their kickstarter worked so well is that they pretty much have everything in place to show off a quality game already.

Life is Feudal is really early still. Once it's more advanced, with better graphics, a fleshed out combat system etc. to show some nice battle scenes and player interaction they could try to launch another kickstarter.

LightTab2

Post by LightTab2 » 17 Apr 2014, 10:28

How the F... some scene based, regular clone of Skyrim gets so much hype? How LiF doesn't get that much backers considering it's complexity and unique design compared to ripoffs like that one? No, I really don't. Please someone explain.

This "clone of Skyrim" has nice trailer and is cheap, so peoples want to try this game. All, who liked this game will help developers in marketing.

LiF would not get the kickstarter goal so fast, if they won`t lower price, because noone will try game and recommend it to friends (in Poland average payment for normal job is 450 euro, so 50 is around 11% precent + you must pay for things, which you need for life)

I think they would not lower price, because they have a "bad" system of combat and want earn some cash for hire someone, who will help repair it.
Last edited by LightTab2 on 17 Apr 2014, 10:50, edited 4 times in total.

Havor

Post by Havor » 17 Apr 2014, 10:34

LightTab2 wrote:[quote=Sting5]
LiF would not get the kickstarter goal so fast, if they won`t lower price, because noone will try game and recommend it to friends (in Poland average payment for normal job is 450 euro, so 50 is around 11% precent + you must pay for things, which you need for life)

I think they would not lower price, because they have a "bad" system of combat and want earn some cash for hire someone, who will help repair it.

""Q. What actually gets for the 50E? When buying access to alpha, automatically gets a full game after its official release?

A. At the moment it does not work on the principle of buying, grants are voluntary and if someone will pay 50euro (or more), receives thanks from developers in the form of access to the alpha. The grants, which will guarantee admission to the alpha will also be reimbursed at a later stage and after the game. Alpha testers get 'tickets' for the two forms (for transporting any newly created form the main map will have to pay just such a seat). To sum up: the alpha testers have access to the released game. This will function as long as the game is not available on Steam.""

This is NOT the final price of this game. And 50 euro isn't that much ? BF4- 50 euro, Watchdogs 50 euro...

LightTab2

Post by LightTab2 » 17 Apr 2014, 10:44

BF4 price isn't 50 eur. I know it isn't final price, but they ( I think ) will lower price when they get kickstarter goal (never?).

You have right saying that new genre games have price of 50 eur, but they are from famous studios and have nice combat systems.

Return to Off Topic