Development News #85 - PvP-oriented AMA with Bobik

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #85 - PvP-oriented AMA with Bobik

Post by Arrakis » 05 Jan 2018, 19:12

Hey, Feudalists!

Todays Dev News is the first of 2018! We want to wish you all a Happy New Year; we are so excited to see what 2018 has in store for us and Life is Feudal!

Yesterday we had a live AMA round table session with Bobik, leaders of top PvP guilds, Alliances and many other players. While transcription is being prepared, feel free to see the recording of this AMA session here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215431904

We want to also congratulate Dominic from the guild Kormark for winning our Winter Holiday Postcard contest.

The entries were seriously amazing, thank you everyone who participated!

Keep a lookout for upcoming news and updates!

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #85 - PvP-oriented AMA with Bobik

Post by Khan- » 05 Jan 2018, 19:14

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

:ROFL:
Last edited by Khan- on 05 Jan 2018, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 05 Jan 2018, 19:14

Traduction disponible sur LifeIsFeudal.fr
Last edited by Saar on 06 Jan 2018, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

Xannen

Post by Xannen » 05 Jan 2018, 19:20

Awesome!
- Kickeristic#2095

Jordanjac
Zealous Believer

Post by Jordanjac » 05 Jan 2018, 19:34

Thank you as always for being so communicative to the community! May I suggest that you curate questions ahead of time? To be blunt, I tuned in to learn from the developers what you guys thought about the game and plans you had, not listen to an hour of players tell you what they think the game needed. We already have that in a number of places.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 05 Jan 2018, 21:20

If only the game wasn't losing players by the 100s.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Monco

Post by Monco » 05 Jan 2018, 22:07

"Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids, complex crafting and an unforgiven no-target, physics-based combat system are just some of features that add to the testing nature of Life is Feudal."

So do you plan to change they way you're advertising this game? Because all of this except for the full loot (if it's about tombstones) is all fake info, don't get people scammed. Free PvP is nowhere to be seen, "instanced sieges" are not even implemented yet, JH sieges are pointless and too laggy and raids, well we used to be able to raid whenever we wanted back then but now thanks to carebears or "sheeps" as bobik likes to call them (when they should play in Epleland if they wanted a more "safe" gaming experience) we can only do that in 1 hour each week, well actually we could do that in that hour but it's so laggy that it's not even possible in JH...

Eogar
True Believer

Post by Eogar » 06 Jan 2018, 00:07

Akimangelini wrote:"Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids, complex crafting and an unforgiven no-target, physics-based combat system are just some of features that add to the testing nature of Life is Feudal."

So do you plan to change they way you're advertising this game? Because all of this except for the full loot (if it's about tombstones) is all fake info, don't get people scammed. Free PvP is nowhere to be seen, "instanced sieges" are not even implemented yet, JH sieges are pointless and too laggy and raids, well we used to be able to raid whenever we wanted back then but now thanks to carebears or "sheeps" as bobik likes to call them (when they should play in Epleland if they wanted a more "safe" gaming experience) we can only do that in 1 hour each week, well actually we could do that in that hour but it's so laggy that it's not even possible in JH...

I can only assume you are new to the whole MMO and/or early access experience. These thing will come, and they will come even faster if we support the game and stop being such whinny and entitled millenial children who fulfill the "instant gratification" stereotype.
Enjoy the damn game and stop crying that the game is dead when its been in beta for less than 2 months.

Sgttater
True Believer

Post by Sgttater » 06 Jan 2018, 00:41

Good idea guy, nice work.

Monco

Post by Monco » 06 Jan 2018, 01:09

Eogar wrote:I can only assume you are new to the whole MMO and/or early access experience. These thing will come, and they will come even faster if we support the game and stop being such whinny and entitled millenial children who fulfill the "instant gratification" stereotype.
Enjoy the damn game and stop crying that the game is dead when its been in beta for less than 2 months.

I've never said that the game is dead, i've been supporting this game and I personally played YO for a long time. But imo the game is not taking the correct path, they're advertising this game as a PvP open world sandbox but what they said in the AMA does not match that at all. Maybe you should see that video. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/215431904

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Jan 2018, 01:28

Good patch! Thanks!

Do you have any news, re: IRC chat? ongoing-in-game-irc-chat-situation-update-please-t31394/
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Jan 2018, 03:46

HolyAvengerOne wrote:Good patch! Thanks!

Do you have any news, re: IRC chat? ongoing-in-game-irc-chat-situation-update-please-t31394/

I know you're probably tired by that, but I can only say that we're still working on it. We are more concentrated on more game-breaking issues, which we really want to resolve as soon as humanly possible.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Jan 2018, 23:14

Arrakis wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:Good patch! Thanks!

I know you're probably tired by that, but I can only say that we're still working on it. We are more concentrated on more game-breaking issues, which we really want to resolve as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks for the info Arrakis. Seriously, I much rather hear "we want to fix it, but no ETA because this other thing is a higher priority" than nothing at all, as it gives an idea :)

Besides server stability (including crossing and capacity, etc.) and a few known exploits, are there a lot of other major systems that would take precedence over chat?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 07 Jan 2018, 02:36

All the major issues take priority right now. You know well how many there are. :(

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 08 Jan 2018, 16:50

Alright, thanks for your answers Arrakis!

Lord_Barton
True Believer

Post by Lord_Barton » 12 Jan 2018, 17:06

EU
1. Avalon will be considered a PvP server. The only ruleset changes for this server (for now) will be in the tweak of the Judgement Hour schedule. JHs will occur more often and last longer.
2. Fannland will have a vanilla ruleset and will be enabled once we see that the demand is higher than the current active server capacities. Fannland will stay inactive for now.
3. Skjultland will have a vanilla ruleset and will be available now.
NA
1. Buyan will remain a vanilla ruleset server, but the frequency and duration of Judgement Hour will be increased.
2. Telmun will have a vanilla ruleset and will be available now.

I am sorry ...

Where is Epleland server and information about it ???

Atruin
True Believer

Post by Atruin » 12 Jan 2018, 17:07

so instead of fixing issues with the servers during JH we are going to have them more frequent.... so we know people have connection issues during this time but we are going to do it anyway... LOOKS GOOD TO ME....

Hersonic
Devoted Believer

Post by Hersonic » 12 Jan 2018, 17:30

could we go back being a vanilla server , i dint sign up to be on a PVP server ....

i understand there be plenty of pvp on vanilla ... sieges and such to come , that i did signup for ...

its laggy , instance crashes and the siege system is nowhere to be seen ,i understand it will take time but wy ask more of the stuff that u cant do anyway give them time to fix whats broke so u can enjoy

i understand that the actual change is jh times
(wich brings me to wy is the NA server still Vanilla if its the same change ?)

hersonic ,lord of orkney (i wasnt invited to the meeting :p)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Jan 2018, 18:43

Atruin wrote:so instead of fixing issues with the servers during JH we are going to have them more frequent.... so we know people have connection issues during this time but we are going to do it anyway... LOOKS GOOD TO ME....

You sir fail to understand the reason behind this change.
1- it was suggested by the players.

2- The reasoning is it will spread the load of the JH from 1 hour a week to 8 hours a week, where you dont have 1500 people trying to PVP in an hour. That causes server overload and crashes which isnt fun for anyone who actually logs in during that time.

I know thinking, difficult huh?
:no:

Hersonic wrote:could we go back being a vanilla server , i dint sign up to be on a PVP server ....

i understand there be plenty of pvp on vanilla ... sieges and such to come , that i did signup for ...

its laggy , instance crashes and the siege system is nowhere to be seen ,i understand it will take time but wy ask more of the stuff that u cant do anyway give them time to fix whats broke so u can enjoy

i understand that the actual change is jh times
(wich brings me to wy is the NA server still Vanilla if its the same change ?)

hersonic ,lord of orkney (i wasnt invited to the meeting :p)

There wasn't invites sent out, it was posted clearly on the LIF-Discord.

Next you have ALWAYS been on the PVP server. Avalon and Buyan have always been the "PVP" servers. It isn't like there is a major change to how the game is played. If you thought you were safe before today behind your walls, you are probably STILL safe behind your walls. If you built your base correctly, and knew how to setup a defensive structure you should not have anything to worry about. Even if that is just drying rack walls on the top of some dirt mounds around your city claim.

And please use auto-correct or something... because that spelling is horrible.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 13 May 2018, 02:03

Arrakis wrote:While transcription is being prepared...

Was it ever transcriptionned?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 May 2018, 23:20

HolyAvengerOne wrote:Was it ever transcriptionned?

Unfortunately, it wasn't :( Person responsible for that task has never finished it.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 17 May 2018, 03:56

Arrakis wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:Was it ever transcriptionned?

Unfortunately, it wasn't :( Person responsible for that task has never finished it.

Alright, things happen :)

Bobik confirmed during the AMA that the May update would include stuff on the economical or trading front. Can you confirm that in writing, here?

Please ;)

Return to Development News