How do private claims work?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

CK011885

How do private claims work?

Post by CK011885 » 08 Jan 2018, 22:51

1) I have three characters on the main NA server, are they each able to have their own private claim?

2) How big can a claim be? Can the size be changed later on?

3) Can I set up the claims right next to each other to make essentially one larger claim?

4) I'm part of a guild that has provided a space behind walls to setup the claim, is it important to be in a safe area? Would setting up a claim out in the wild somewhere going to result in it being destroyed by other players even if I pay the upkeep?

Entspeak

Re: How do private claims work?

Post by Entspeak » 09 Jan 2018, 00:32

1) Yes... each may have their own.

2) Each may have up to 100 tiles. You can resize them, but the cost increases as such:

up to 25 tiles = 50 cp/tile per in-game day.
26 to 50 tiles = 100 cp/tile
51 to 100 tiles = 200 cp/tile

A premium subscription allows you up to 150 tiles, but I don't know if the cost per tile increases over 100 tiles.

3) I believe you have to have 2 tiles between the borders of personal claims.

4) No. Unless the claim is in a realm claim, it is safe so long as you maintain it - even during JH.

CK011885

Post by CK011885 » 09 Jan 2018, 01:37

Entspeak wrote:4) No. Unless the claim is in a realm claim, it is safe so long as you maintain it - even during JH.

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it a lot. Can you elaborate on what this means a bit please, it's the only part I didn't completely understand. My guild leader has referred to some of us new settlers as being of the realm, and we're building on guild land. What does that mean for my claim?

The reason I'm asking about safety is because space is limited in the guild walls and we were told we could have 2 5x5 plots, I was wondering if maybe I should build nearby but a bit away from them so I can take up more space if I want to.

So the only way buildings/objects on my personal claim can be stolen or damaged is if I don't pay the upkeep?

I think what I'm trying to figure out is am I better off building on their land or finding my own somewhere. From what I can tell, building on my own is actually safer so long as I pay the upkeep, whereas there are more potential ways of losing a claim if I build on guild land. Though I suppose my claim will be safer behind their walls if I can't afford to pay or don't log on for a bit. Is that correct?

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 10 Jan 2018, 01:18

If you build on the guild's realm claim, your claim can be looted and destroyed by raiders during JH or if someone in the guild decides to destroy it. Basically, you are putting your claim's safety in the hands of the guild. So long as it is not on a guild claim, you have total control of it and nobody can do anything with it so long as you maintain it.

CK011885

Post by CK011885 » 10 Jan 2018, 06:02

Entspeak wrote:If you build on the guild's realm claim, your claim can be looted and destroyed by raiders during JH or if someone in the guild decides to destroy it. Basically, you are putting your claim's safety in the hands of the guild. So long as it is not on a guild claim, you have total control of it and nobody can do anything with it so long as you maintain it.

Do I need to worry about somewhat nearby guilds as their radius claim continues to increase and overlapping mine? I'm not familiar with how guild claim size works. Also up north I've noticed guilds putting down new claims lately to protect resources, are those guild claims they're creating or personals? Do I have to worry about putting myself too close to valuable resources and getting pushed away by a guild?

Entspeak

Post by Entspeak » 10 Jan 2018, 15:50

Personal claims can’t override another personal claim. If they are small, rectangular, and have the same small monument your claim has, it’s a personal claim.

There is always the possibility that a guild could start up near you and override your claim... that’s part of the game. As for what type of claims people have put down in a particular area - I, obviously, have no idea.

Return to Newcomer Section