Sorting out the early grind

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Vasecho

Sorting out the early grind

Post by Vasecho » 05 Jan 2018, 00:14

Being a newer player in the new mmo skill system i found myself at the same early impasse. I really couldn't do anything. The game doesn't really start until your tier 1 skills are ground out.

I did a lot of reading about punching grass and a million other oddball ideas but do think i found some better answers to share with the community.

Go north because snow is your friend

natures lore - i loaded a fire and loaded up with snow and cooked snow into water. hit mass produce and relax while it sorts itself out ( not quite that easy but beats punching grass)

Artisan - please please don't run around chopping trees for this they are precious but if your far enough north to find snow you will find a lot of underbrush. Cutting and uprooting underbrush will give you this skill ( i did it in while grinding forestry planting trees what can i say want the world to be a better place)

materials prep will go to 30 by making a couple hundred snowballs and can be done at same place as para 1.

as for you farmers . sorry bros i ended up plowing a whole field don't have anything to add

and there we are day 2 in game planting trees hunting and playing the game instead of grinding the skills to subsist.

not saying its the best but suspect I am on to something using the mountaintop snow

feel free to discuss

Celthon

Re: Sorting out the early grind

Post by Celthon » 08 Jan 2018, 12:16

Thank you for sharing these ideas/tips. After you make 'snowballs' can you cook those down into water? My thought was: make the snowballs to gain 'Material Preparation', then cook those snowballs into water for 'Nature's Lore' skill gain.

I'm still on the Newbie Island, so cannot test for myself as yet.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Ollihkoivukangas

Re: Sorting out the early grind

Post by Ollihkoivukangas » 13 Jan 2018, 14:47

Thanks a bunch! Was already feeling my soul slowly starting to die from just one day of beating at grass.

Gotta head north now it seems.

Return to Newcomer Section