Do people need dedicated gatherers?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Strycker

Do people need dedicated gatherers?

Post by Strycker » 13 Jan 2018, 23:21

Just wondering, I'm building towards being a pure miner but wondering if that actually benefits people as a whole, or if it's better to split points between the mining tree and the smithing tree.

IamHe

Re: Do people need dedicated gatherers?

Post by IamHe » 13 Jan 2018, 23:34

miners are always needed - leave smelting to blacksmith

Strycker

Post by Strycker » 13 Jan 2018, 23:35

IamHe wrote:miners are always needed - leave smelting to blacksmith

Neat, a mining life it is then.
Is there an efficient way to deal with excess materials such as rock? Do I need to run out of a tunnel to drop it every time?

Appletoneredo

Post by Appletoneredo » 14 Jan 2018, 02:52

Running out of a tunnel gets to be a little painful when the tunnel gets deep. Unfortunately it is the only real way to do it. It is less painful with a wheelbarrow.

A lot of times someone will need the by-product of your mining. They might need rocks to build a road or low quality copper or iron.

If you are looking for a group to be a part of send me a message. We'd like to invite you into discord to answer questions.

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 14 Jan 2018, 02:54

Strycker wrote:
IamHe wrote:miners are always needed - leave smelting to blacksmith

Neat, a mining life it is then.
Is there an efficient way to deal with excess materials such as rock? Do I need to run out of a tunnel to drop it every time?

some buildings (stone wall for example) require a lot of rock - miners usually have piles of everything they mine outside their mine (pile of rock pile of iron etc) so when something needed you just take from pile

Return to Newcomer Section