Names at character creation

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Peterhinderberger

Names at character creation

Post by Peterhinderberger » 15 Jan 2018, 17:06

How do i even find a name for a new character? :shock: :Bravo:

No name works, and as it seems you have to have a name AND a surname that is completely unique for it selfe. How the f*** should that work?
The only ones working are asdlfkj afaahsadlfk and such garbage. And even some of that kind of names don't work.

Is this how stupid the whole game is or can i hope for a positive surprise, after all...?

Oh, and as i see i can't even change my name when logging in with facebook.

Arrakis

Re: Names at character creation

Post by Arrakis » 15 Jan 2018, 17:24

The first name must be unique. The second name might be whatever ;) And there are plenty of name generators out there to help you.

Peterhinderberger

Post by Peterhinderberger » 15 Jan 2018, 17:38

stupid enough, as last names are mostyl a lot more unique then first names. And why the last names though, if the first name has to be completely unique? O.o

And how do i change the name afterwards? I mean they are greedy enough to not let you delete your character without paying 10€ or so...

Velius

Post by Velius » 15 Jan 2018, 20:02

Peterhinderberger wrote:stupid enough, as last names are mostyl a lot more unique then first names. And why the last names though, if the first name has to be completely unique? O.o

And how do i change the name afterwards? I mean they are greedy enough to not let you delete your character without paying 10€ or so...

Because people portray households and families who share common last names. Guildsmen will also often adopt the same last name as a sign of solidarity.

First names can be difficult to come by. Even on the first day of LiF:YO owner OBT access I had to go through a fair few in order to find a proper viking name. I also parked a number of names in reserve for future characters, as I am certain many others have done (I don't need someone making a character named "Velius" and making me look like an idiot. I can do that just fine on my own.).

It's simply a matter of trial and error until you find a name that is both available and that you can identify with/live with being called for your game career. It may take a bit longer to find one now unless your go-to name is incredibly unique, however they are out there. If you choose to create a character with a keyboard-mash name, and then use a ticket to transfer him to the main play area, then that is your choice and, frankly, unless your name is offensive is under no obligation to be changed.

Return to Newcomer Section