Connection timing out.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

XariusK
Zealous Believer

Connection timing out.

Post by XariusK » 18 Jan 2018, 03:47

Can't get into the game and since I had pointed out that this game keeps going from bad to worse as far as connections and server

up time is concerned I was kicked from their discord.

I honestly cannot wait to eviscerate this game on steam reviews.

I just wanted to log in and pray my alignment up in the event I ever actually play again...

can't even do that.

pathetic.

Arrakis

Re: Connection timing out.

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jan 2018, 11:36

Are you getting timeouts while connecting to the game or few minutes after playing?

Fabio.miguel.ribeiro.slb

Post by Fabio.miguel.ribeiro.slb » 18 Jan 2018, 11:40

i have the same problem connection timing out inside game after some minutes and when im inside to any help send a lot of reports allready to devs team with the console of erros u have helppppppp meeee :beer:
Last edited by Fabio.miguel.ribeiro.slb on 18 Jan 2018, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

Thrasherjake

Post by Thrasherjake » 18 Jan 2018, 12:46

I am having problems with connection timing out right after I press the play button...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Jan 2018, 17:54

Not sure if it will help, but it's worth the try.
Try disabling antivirus/firewall and try connecting again.
Also, launching launcher.exe and cm_client.exe as admin is a good way to go.

XariusK
Zealous Believer

Post by XariusK » 19 Jan 2018, 04:51

Uninstalling and reinstalling made it work again.

that's the 6th or 7th reinstall in the last 30 days.

Hey Arrakis just wanted to say thanks for the compensation that was promised.

Oh wait that never happened...

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 19 Jan 2018, 05:30

Having to reinstall a game is not a fix, it's bad development.

Having to wait 30+ minutes to get into a game not because it's so popular there is queues, but because its so laggy due to low-end hampsters and bad netcode that people constantly time out at 1/5th of the connection numbers they claim they can support is utterly ridiculious.

It's pre-alpha status, not open beta. Our guild and several others I know have just been constantly losing players. New players come in from steam release, they witness how terrible the game is and just refund right off the bat. Absolutely terrible steam release...

I unfortunately can't recommend this game anymore to anyone, and will be posting a relating review. This is just sad now, it used to be frustrating because of how long we've been supporting this game. Now it's just sad, the games going to die. No argument about it.

Curently on a 20 minute lag streak in 25. Nothing has updated now. So good. At the time of this lag, there is only 1400 people online in Buyan. Closing to 1/10th of what they state they can handle.

The log I picked up when I got back in after the servers going down, still hasn't updated.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 12:07

Agathon wrote:Curently on a 20 minute lag streak in 25. Nothing has updated now. So good. At the time of this lag, there is only 1400 people online in Buyan. Closing to 1/10th of what they state they can handle.

Please see if force closing launcher.exe process while you're in-game helps. Also, need to remind you that there are five game worlds and it would be good to specify which world are you on.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 19 Jan 2018, 13:47

Arrakis wrote:
Agathon wrote:Curently on a 20 minute lag streak in 25. Nothing has updated now. So good. At the time of this lag, there is only 1400 people online in Buyan. Closing to 1/10th of what they state they can handle.

Please see if force closing launcher.exe process while you're in-game helps. Also, need to remind you that there are five game worlds and it would be good to specify which world are you on.

Um, its server lag. Not individual lag, 30+ of us in our guild experienced it in all of 25. Perhaps shotty netcode, or just bad hardware. But it's server lag, not client side.

You literally quoted the part of my post that said what world I'm in. Buyan. Just to remind you, yknow.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 15:13

Agathon wrote:Um, its server lag. Not individual lag, 30+ of us in our guild experienced it in all of 25. Perhaps shotty netcode, or just bad hardware. But it's server lag, not client side.

You literally quoted the part of my post that said what world I'm in. Buyan. Just to remind you, yknow.

Ah, sorry. Didn't notice that. My bad :( I guess it's time for me to invest in glasses.

Anyway, why I suggested outside source (launcher in this case) was because server 25 is rarely populated enough to cause such lag spikes, and it's known that launcher is causing some lags.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Jan 2018, 15:20

Agathon wrote:
Um, its server lag. Not individual lag, 30+ of us in our guild experienced it in all of 25. Perhaps shotty netcode, or just bad hardware. But it's server lag, not client side.

I literally LOLed at that, because I saw you said what server you were on.

I think Arrakis is just giving scripted answers and doesnt actually read anything.

Because I reported the Timed out issue on login, a week ago. Still isnt fixed.. I reported the server lag issue about the sametime... still isnt fixed.

They seem to not believe that this is an issue. I dont no if it effects the EU servers but it sure as hell effects the NA server.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Amclaughlin01

Post by Amclaughlin01 » 19 Jan 2018, 15:28

Even after the server reboot last night, the terrain lag was still horrendous. Although we did run across 3 wild horses to add to our inventory and some other animals...

It just seems to me that they didn't plan on the number of people that are logging in to play. Almost like they are still running on the YO server hardware configuration of only having a max of 64 people on at any one time (I believe it was 64??) and haven't scaled to the populations we have today on MMO.

I am not there and could be wrong. Just seems like it is only getting worse as more people join...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 18:00

Hodo wrote:Because I reported the Timed out issue on login, a week ago. Still isnt fixed.. I reported the server lag issue about the sametime... still isnt fixed.

They seem to not believe that this is an issue. I dont no if it effects the EU servers but it sure as hell effects the NA server.

Just because it's not fixed YET doesn't mean that we are not aware or don't care. Your answer indicates you believe that it takes a snap of the fingers to fix this, and I am sorry, but it's not actually that simple. We are constantly working on fixing this and other recurring connectivity issues that players suffer from. While we continue our work, we must ask you for some more patience until we manage to finally resolve those problems with timeouts etc once and for all. This make take some more time, but we'll get there. Hopefully, you will try to believe in us just a little bit longer.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Jan 2018, 18:29

Arrakis wrote:Just because it's not fixed YET doesn't mean that we are not aware or don't care. Your answer indicates you believe that it takes a snap of the fingers to fix this, and I am sorry, but it's not actually that simple. We are constantly working on fixing this and other recurring connectivity issues that players suffer from. While we continue our work, we must ask you for some more patience until we manage to finally resolve those problems with timeouts etc once and for all. This make take some more time, but we'll get there. Hopefully, you will try to believe in us just a little bit longer.

Oh believe me when I say I am being patient.

But the problem is, my shit filter is getting quite full, and as my Drill Sergent used to say, "Hope in one hand, and crap in the other, which will fill up faster? Dont matter because you're going to push until I get tired."

So now is your time to push.. because I know I am not the only one who is getting tired of the 1 thing fixed, 9 things broke, trend that is going on.

Keep this up and I will start calling you Star Vault.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

XariusK
Zealous Believer

Post by XariusK » 19 Jan 2018, 18:31

Arrakis wrote:
Hodo wrote:Because I reported the Timed out issue on login, a week ago. Still isnt fixed.. I reported the server lag issue about the sametime... still isnt fixed.

Just because it's not fixed YET doesn't mean that we are not aware or don't care. Your answer indicates you believe that it takes a snap of the fingers to fix this, and I am sorry, but it's not actually that simple. We are constantly working on fixing this and other recurring connectivity issues that players suffer from. While we continue our work, we must ask you for some more patience until we manage to finally resolve those problems with timeouts etc once and for all. This make take some more time, but we'll get there. Hopefully, you will try to believe in us just a little bit longer.

Arrakis, you see there's a reason why sometimes developers have to "tough it out" and not try to rake in a bunch of cash trying to convince people their game is ready to go.

What's going to kill your game is not that it's broken and you are working on fixing it, but that you've "released" the game and will not be doing any wipes WHILE it's broken.

You're trying to fund your game off the player bases backs while hoping they will slog it out through all the crap. They won't.

You are still trying to call it "early access" but there is no wipes coming up. It's released. Too early. And for that you will pay the price.

this game could have been more successful. But you guys screwed yourselves. And now your company will pay the price for that.

"Bitbox? oh yeah they made this one really crappy game I remember... yeah, don't support them... they are terrible. "

You did it to yourselves.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 19 Jan 2018, 18:48

25 is so laggy that we get 10+ minutes where nothing updates, over 30 people at a time. On NA Buyan.

Been a supporter of this game since 2012, just a little longer has been overused unfortunately.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jan 2018, 19:29

Agathon wrote:25 is so laggy that we get 10+ minutes where nothing updates, over 30 people at a time. On NA Buyan.

Been a supporter of this game since 2012, just a little longer has been overused unfortunately.

We will look into this issue with lags on 25.

Return to General Discussion