Starter Island (NA) A few more feedback items

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Darlgon

Starter Island (NA) A few more feedback items

Post by Darlgon » 21 Nov 2017, 13:34

Just passing some feedback along. I am headed to over 7 hours on the island, after spending a lot in YO.

I spent two hours alone just digging in the dirt/rock and trying to raise my mining to be able to mine in the village mine for the "Forging" quest. The crater was three blocks forward and two wide when I gave up. My "Artisan" is at 46, with my "Digging" still at 8. Do you seriously expect people to get to 30 on "Digging" to start mining to be able to access the Village mine? Because I can touch nothing in the mine yet. So the quest update for "Get ore from the mine" still cant be done.

On the same quest, I am unable to access either the Kilns to make charcoal or the Furnaces to make Ingots. Both just have "Inspect". All I can access is "Ulf's Forge", wich offers to make tools, but nothing else. So, if the three previous steps COULD be done, then I could do the last step.

On the "Hoytuhanir's Children" quest.. Where to begin? Literally. The map marker shows nothing, as it is not even there now. The quest log is useless, as all it does is tell me to find the children. If she gave me a clue when she told me I needed to find them, its lost to the aether, with no clues in the quest log. Hoytuhanir herself? When I go back to her, I swear, even if the quest is not done, she has already moved on to the after giving me her drink phrases. (I see the drink in her chest, so I am guessing that would be my reward, if I ever found her children.)

This adds those two broken or extremely hard to figure out quests to the quests I reported yesterday. (unable-to-find-sanctuary-t25417/ ). Those two quest completed without notifying me, and the NPCs dont offer snag or drink, so I have no idea if they were done or just removed while I was digging. I.. kinda really felt I deserved an "atta girl" from the NPC for the script forcing me to steal from the monk guy and doing my penance. Speaking of which, why do the NPCs refer to my female character as a male?

I really dont see many people doing these quests anyway. They just blow thru, ask how to get to the mainland, and leave, so maybe they are minor annoyances?

Either way, the lack of a /bug or /feedback ingame makes reporting bugs even more of a pain. The inability to drop the quests and restart them is also problematic.

Frankly, beginning to wonder if you guys should even bother with Starter Island and just dump people to the wolves on the mainland, since players still loose everything but their skill levels when they leave for Abella. After all, deaths with no skill level to loose are less painful than loosing skill levels because you have no gear to defend yourself.

BearHunter

Re: Starter Island (NA) A few more feedback items

Post by BearHunter » 03 Dec 2017, 23:30

Newbro here. I have to agree with Darlgon.

The "quests", or tutorials is what they are meant to be, are really really bad indeed. Hardly any clear guidance on what to do and how to do it. And the markers are useless in some cases.

Also, is there really no way to drop one of those quests once accepted?

Quests like this will really be a major turn down for new players. Possibly even stopping them from playing the game at all, or worse, give it a negative rating once it hits steam.

The devs should really make this better or you could just scrap them all together. This is literally the only chance to make a first impression.....

Aresgamingfraternity

Post by Aresgamingfraternity » 04 Dec 2017, 01:58

First impressions? Bad reviews on Steam? You betcha.

Get killed by a wolf three times in a row.

Spawn at random locations at extreme distances from your friends.

Link up with your friends, start to enjoy the game...then find out three grown men can't take down a wolf. Everyone dies and spawns really far away from each other. #@$!ing really?

Also find out that three grown men can't bludgeon a deer to death without taking a serious beating (broken ribs, etc.) from a pathetic herbivore.

Convince friends to get the game...find out half of them have issues even downloading the game, and when they do get it installed, just wait until the next time they decide to play, and listen as they say, "It's stuck on downloading," or "I can't sign in," or "Damnit, this is the third time I've had to uninstall and redownload this game!"

Should have realized you purchased a broken game when the purchase email didn't even include a link to the download page.

Discover your house will magically combust after a few days.

Discover your god is a greedy televangelist who wants money or your property claim is going up in smoke.

Discover you have to haul heavy logs to a trading post to get copper coins, so you can feed them to your greedy god.

Discover anyone can repeatedly screw with you noobs and take what little things belong to you...while you have to grind it out. Not to worry though, it'll only take 30 or 40 uninstalls and re-downloads of the game, plus countless hours of grinding in order to get up to the point where you can defend yourself.

What happened to your premium bonuses?

Stop worrying about that, just GIVE US YOUR MONEY!

WE WANT YOUR MONEY! Even your god in the game wants money!

Redking7925

Post by Redking7925 » 10 Dec 2017, 15:03

Darlgon wrote:....
On the "Hoytuhanir's Children" quest.. Where to begin? Literally. The map marker shows nothing, as it is not even there now. The quest log is useless, as all it does is tell me to find the children....

I found the children here
Spoiler

Salat

Post by Salat » 29 Jan 2018, 08:18

so, what about digging 30?

Return to Feedback Section