Ask your lore questions here

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

MarkRhainer
Lore Master

Ask your lore questions here

Post by MarkRhainer » 13 Jun 2017, 23:07

Recently we've started publishing LiF lore. You can find it here:

Some old myths and stories
Imperial religion
On the peoples who have come to the Isle of Abella

Ancient writings
Godernblodbad, the massacre of Gods
Holurstoufnun
The naming of things

Short stories
The journey north
The Ambush

Any feedback, comments and questions are always welcome. Feel free to ask.

Lofi
Zealous Believer

Re: Ask your lore questions here

Post by Lofi » 18 Dec 2017, 13:00

When we pray, to whom do we pray?

Being a slavard, I can very well adapt the view of Svefnii as a blacksmith god, but building my character in th world I feel it'd be a bit contra-productive to pray to a god who will en the world if when He awakens.

I feel the lore lack a bit when it comes to the Sófaþek-king, especially compared to the bits written about the other gods. Also, no idol in-game.

I feel some of the representations of the idols available in-game lacks in the official lore section, I don't know if this is done on purpose or I'm just not reading it right.
Duke Lofi Vemundson, <lots of flashy RP titles>
Kingdom of Dunbar (Epleland)

(click banner for Kingdom Discord)

Valverrin

Post by Valverrin » 30 Jan 2018, 22:41

Is this lore material written originally in english or is there a russian version as well? Don't have a problem reading it as is myself, but would like to share it with my friends who can't read in english.

Valverrin

Post by Valverrin » 04 Feb 2018, 13:28

Lore went as far as explaining specific game mechanics: lost memories, have to relearn everything (the need to level skills). But what about death and rebirth? I’m playing on Epleland so its interesting to know how should I react to my comrades dieing. Should I simply treat it as really serious wounds or they do really come back to life somehow. Is there any explanation lorewise?

MarkRhainer
Lore Master

Post by MarkRhainer » 25 Feb 2018, 15:21

Valverrin wrote:Is this lore material written originally in english or is there a russian version as well? Don't have a problem reading it as is myself, but would like to share it with my friends who can't read in english.

Hi. You can find it here (use navigation to switch between the stories, it seems website works incorrect somehow):
https://lifeisfeudal.com/LoreStories/?lang=ru&art=442

MarkRhainer
Lore Master

Post by MarkRhainer » 25 Feb 2018, 15:31

Valverrin wrote:Lore went as far as explaining specific game mechanics: lost memories, have to relearn everything (the need to level skills). But what about death and rebirth? I’m playing on Epleland so its interesting to know how should I react to my comrades dieing. Should I simply treat it as really serious wounds or they do really come back to life somehow. Is there any explanation lorewise?

It is a bit complicated.

Your reborn comrades remain themselves unless their memory serves them well enough, so they can preserve their personalities or change 'em to play as an another person with another role and background.

A chance to reborn is just a favor that gods give to mortals.

MarkRhainer
Lore Master

Post by MarkRhainer » 25 Feb 2018, 15:45

Lofi wrote:When we pray, to whom do we pray?

Being a slavard, I can very well adapt the view of Svefnii as a blacksmith god, but building my character in th world I feel it'd be a bit contra-productive to pray to a god who will en the world if when He awakens.

I feel the lore lack a bit when it comes to the Sófaþek-king, especially compared to the bits written about the other gods. Also, no idol in-game.

I feel some of the representations of the idols available in-game lacks in the official lore section, I don't know if this is done on purpose or I'm just not reading it right.

The lack of lore leads to the freedom of interpretation and makes RP more creative and fun. It is really detailed sometimes just to designate canon and tell some legends/stories as well.

Ritafuller007

Post by Ritafuller007 » 06 Jun 2019, 12:45

Lofi wrote:Re: Ask your lore questions here
Por:do my trigonometry homework

The lack of lore leads to the freedom of interpretation and makes RP more creative and fun. It is really detailed sometimes just to designate canon and tell some legends/stories as well.

I share your view on the lack of lore. Whaen you play a game it's not about graphics only but more of the imagination, don't you think?

Barrow.j.spc

Post by Barrow.j.spc » 01 Nov 2019, 09:23

What on earth are these Jester's Charms I got while making fried meat? And what do I do with them?

Return to Lore Section