Help for newbie

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Kevinwoodall

Help for newbie

Post by Kevinwoodall » 08 Jan 2018, 02:38

What is the actual command to delete or drop an item? I'm on newbie island and can't drop a building log I have in my inventory. Thus, I'm overburdened and cannot get un-overburdened until I drop the stupid log. Every time I try to click and drag it from my inventory it just flies right back into my inventory.

I have tried using it to build an idol for the "pleasing the gods" quest but even though it is in my inventory it shows 0/1 building logs when I bring up the build menu (though it's sitting right there). I can't collect another because I'm already overburdened. I'm sorry about my too long post/question but this whole ordeal has been very frustrating and I just want to play the game and enjoy it. Thanks for any help!

Jspiers667x

Re: Help for newbie

Post by Jspiers667x » 09 Jan 2018, 07:16

I'm having the same problem. Just picked up LiF:MMO tonight, started playing, and can't drop anything out of my inventory. I'm on the newbie island and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm in town or out of town. I see a ton of dropped item bags everywhere, but I can't figure out how to drop things myself. Like you, as soon as I drag it out of my inventory and release the mouse button, it snaps right back in.

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 09 Jan 2018, 11:40

While the item is in your inventory, try r-clicking on the item to open it's context menu...look for an option in the context menu to drop item from your inventory.

I think you're not able to drop items within the Village on the Newbie Island, but not sure. If you get a message that you're not allowed to drop items there in the Village, trying moving out into the wilderness to drop them. If you use 'F4' you can see the Village's area of influence (it's 'Claim')...might have to be outside that highlighted area to drop -- but again I am not certain and just guessing.

Do not get frustrated -- this game has a very steep learning curve. Lots of information to be gained here:

https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Life_is_Feudal_Wiki

Celthon

Post by Celthon » 09 Jan 2018, 11:47

Kevinwoodall wrote:I have tried using it to build an idol for the "pleasing the gods" quest but even though it is in my inventory it shows 0/1 building logs when I bring up the build menu (though it's sitting right there).

If you have begun building the idol you should now have a small sign at the site...r-click it and the option to 'Build'...it should open a window listing materials needed to build the idol...you need to open your inventory and drag the needed items into the left-hand side of the idol's build window.

Jonathan.b.munoz

Post by Jonathan.b.munoz » 02 Feb 2018, 06:59

Please help, just bought the game and have wasted over an hour of my life trying to build this stupid idol. The first quest is to go to sanctuary, and erect this idol. I checked the forums and made sure I'm out of the F4 highlighted area, still nothing. I have an axe, shovel, saw, log...what the hell is going on. It wont even let me put the marker, or use someone else marker. It just brings up the build or cancel menu, shows that idol in a green square, and then disappears...please help...also, if this is a common feature (meaning frustration) how do I get my money back for this game. :evil:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 Feb 2018, 11:26

Jonathan.b.munoz wrote:Please help, just bought the game and have wasted over an hour of my life trying to build this stupid idol. The first quest is to go to sanctuary, and erect this idol. I checked the forums and made sure I'm out of the F4 highlighted area, still nothing. I have an axe, shovel, saw, log...what the hell is going on. It wont even let me put the marker, or use someone else marker. It just brings up the build or cancel menu, shows that idol in a green square, and then disappears...please help...also, if this is a common feature (meaning frustration) how do I get my money back for this game. :evil:

Not sure why is that happening in your case, but you don't have to complete those quests. They are optional. You can just go to Ferryman and start the adventure on the main continent, Abella.

Jonathan.b.munoz

Post by Jonathan.b.munoz » 03 Feb 2018, 01:47

I am now trying to build a hammer to see if that helps. I was going through the help screen in-game and it states that a hammer is needed for most construction, so I'm going to probably waste another hour of my life lol.

Jonathan.b.munoz

Post by Jonathan.b.munoz » 03 Feb 2018, 03:15

Figured out the idol, the having to equip the hatchet prior to selecting build was the issue...sad...but accomplished.

Now I can't find the gravedigger thing and dig a pit...wtf

Return to Newcomer Section