Kick doesn't mean criminal

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Majere

Kick doesn't mean criminal

Post by Majere » 10 Feb 2018, 17:13

NOTE: English isn't my native language so I might destroy the grammar at some point.
---------------------

Hello.

I've seen before leaving a guild by yourself meant losing alignment and be a criminal, so when somebody needed to leave he was been kicked because sometimes, people leaves being friendly.

With the new patch this wont happen again. Now you are forced to tag a friend as criminal just because he can't be part of your guild anymore. To me, that has no sense.

I understand why that happens, actually I lived the situation why this was changed. One of my member betrayed us but didn't left the guild, I had to kick him and he wasn't tagged as criminal but it wouldn't be better to have two buttons?

Release: Kick from guild without consequences.
banish: Kick from guild with consequences.

So you can actually choose when that member has to be a criminal and when he has not. Not everybody leaves a guild because betrayal or is being kicked because he was any problematic.

This game has too much automation and randomness. There's also a huge talk about how vassals work and how having allies is impossible because the system itself doesn't allow that, he understand that "ally" means "vassal". It doesn't give a choice about being ally or vassal.

That's all.
Good day.

Darkard

Re: Kick doesn't mean criminal

Post by Darkard » 11 Feb 2018, 12:34

The reason that kicking makes you a criminal is because people were abusing the guild system during battles.

When at war with another guild, the bad guild members would leave their guild before or during fights to that their opponents would get alignment loss during the fight.
When at war with another guild you don't loose alignment when attacking your enemies members.

The first part of this change was to have people who leave the guild themselves (by quitting their guild) be branded as criminals. But then what these bad guilds did was just have one of their leaders kick them from the guild instead.
So now because people can't play fair, take everything on the internet personally and have to grief with their internet soldiers we have ended up with this system.

However there is merit to having a Banish and Release option for guild leaders.
* Banish as the same penalties as the current kick option.
* Release would not mark the player as a criminal, but instead would have all their rights to their previous guild removed, but for 48 hours they would be marked as a former member of the guild.
Their ingame tag would show as "Former <guildname>" for others to see.
This leaves them in a state similar to if they were a member but have no permissions.
Guilds at war with their former guild would not suffer an alignment loss when killing them.
However, the released member can freely join another guild or start their own by placing a monument, this would then remove their "Former" tag and replace it with their new one.

Majere

Re: Kick doesn't mean criminal

Post by Majere » 11 Feb 2018, 14:11

There's a lot of options to avoid that abuse and not force people to be criminal if they want/need to leave a guild on a fair way.

When you get kicked, the next 48 hours you can't attack or fight, if you do so, you will be marked as criminal

OR

If there's a war fight on the field, people without guild will lose karma since he is fighting on a war that he shouldn't care about.

This would need new features like marking somebody as mercenary. People without guild may get paid to support you, the system should recognize this people as part of the war having the same karma-advantages as your guild.

I think this things + your expanded idea of banish/release is way better than forcing everybody being criminal because they don't belong to the guild anymore.

I guessed something like that was happening since people always look for the dirtier way to win without consequences but I think devs should also look for other methods to avoid abuses without abusing the fair people.

Return to Feedback Section