Development News #89 — Gather Together to Gather!

What are we currently working on.

Badlmixture

Re: Development News #89 — Gather Together to Gather!

Post by Badlmixture » 14 Feb 2018, 16:47

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
RickySpanish wrote:
Darkbouzouf wrote:

Some of us do enjoy that. Considering a character on Epleland next to slow down progress even more.

Well have fun playing the game alone in about a month!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 15 Feb 2018, 02:46

Badlmixture wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:Some of us do enjoy that. Considering a character on Epleland next to slow down progress even more.

Well have fun playing the game alone in about a month!

Bye! :ROFL:
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 15 Feb 2018, 14:10

Badlmixture wrote:Well have fun playing the game alone in about a month!

Bye Felecia.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 16 Feb 2018, 02:45

One thing I have noticed, I am not 100 in Natures Lore, I am 90, but even with significantly lower plant fiber quality, my natures lore ups the quality of simple cloth substantially... So I am not sure, but would someone that IS level 100 in Nature's Lore be able to confirm if they can still make q100 simple cloth out of less than perfect plant fiber?

If that is the case, I do agree it should not be IMPOSSIBLE to find q100 plant fiber, but perhaps it will not be as important to find it if your Natures Lore let's you get the end desired result anyway... Just a thought I was curious about.

But I absolutely love the new changes, makes the activities much more enjoyable and I feel I can still gather the same amount if not substantially more now in less time. And I do like the randomness due to the fact that in real life, nothing is perfect, even perfectly cared for lawns will not produce 100% perfect strands of grass, so imagining the character digging around looking for useful items, it would only make sense he/she would find random variety in usefulness... And I like that it lowers overall quality and makes all levels more viable longer because the really high quality will be much more rare. AND it further discourages bot farming because if you could simply my a 10x10 q100 field and create a macro for it and still get q100 stuff all the time, then there would still be all the bot farmers and just harder for everyone else that doesn't want to be afk cheating.

But I do agree, once this system is tested and confirmed, they should implement similar degrees of randomness into some of the other crafting as well; a good armorsmith or swordsmith or whatever also wouldn't be the same every time or beyond making a mistake, especially in medieval times, that was not an exact science by any means. More random quality will encourage more crafting and again, high quality becoming more rare and thus more valuable and worth it's weight in gold.

Just my two cents, appreciate everyone else's thoughts as well :beer:

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 16 Feb 2018, 09:49

I am also lvl 90 and noticed that too.

q 100 shouldn t be possible since some percentage still depends on the quality of plant fibers.

Also, high quality ground materials are not only needed for simple cloth.

for example:
- plant fibers- tools, furnaces / lower lvl buildings in general
- mushrooms and berries are used in the high level recipes. It sucks if u have a recipe where u need 4 ingredients, u got 3 at q90+, only the mushrooms are missing - and u can t get any high level even though u have a 90+ nature lore skill...
The quality of the food drops - making recipes with mushrooms and berries worse then recipes without them. So why even bother to use them ?

This is supposed to be a computer game, not gambling. randomness is just a fun killer

Return to Development News