deleted a char and now I have no access to game?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Naima

deleted a char and now I have no access to game?

Post by Naima » 03 Jan 2018, 10:01

I deleted a char to remake couse seems was bugged and when I did the game doesn't load anymore, I so clicked repair and now started to download 12 gb !!!

Arrakis

Re: deleted a char and now I have no access to game?

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jan 2018, 14:38

Did you delete character on Abella or newbie island?

As for 12gb download, you might need to wipe your game folder completely and reinstall it, best into another directory. Make sure it's not in AppData.

Naima

Post by Naima » 03 Jan 2018, 18:10

I delted the game , had to redownoad it all and took me a day then I reinstalled, I made a new character and now when I ask to go to Abella it asks me to buy 1000 gold for a ticket?
I could go before without that!

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 03 Jan 2018, 19:00

Naima wrote:I delted the game , had to redownoad it all and took me a day then I reinstalled, I made a new character and now when I ask to go to Abella it asks me to buy 1000 gold for a ticket?

It took it from your inventory, not your player inventory but your shop inventory. But because you used your ONE ticket the first time, and then deleted the character, you have to buy another ticket.

Congrats you figured out the way they plan on making money... 10 dollars PER character on the mainland. It was actually in a popup when you first used the ticket.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Naima

Post by Naima » 04 Jan 2018, 10:18

Hodo wrote:
Naima wrote:I delted the game , had to redownoad it all and took me a day then I reinstalled, I made a new character and now when I ask to go to Abella it asks me to buy 1000 gold for a ticket?

It took it from your inventory, not your player inventory but your shop inventory. But because you used your ONE ticket the first time, and then deleted the character, you have to buy another ticket.

Congrats you figured out the way they plan on making money... 10 dollars PER character on the mainland. It was actually in a popup when you first used the ticket.

Well sorry but Since I nstalled and launched the game I didn't even notice that popup , I have deleted the character couse I was told I needed to have 60 in the char attributes to be able to saw a trunk , so thinking in a bug I deleted and reinstalled it all , and now I find out I have to "PAY" because I have only a limited char number?

Sorry but I find this politic realy bad and I am not going to pay for this even couse it was a bug or supposed so.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 04 Jan 2018, 16:17

So it looks like you actually deleted your character on the main continent, completely ignoring two popups informing you of the consequences. Or have I misunderstood something?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 04 Jan 2018, 17:18

Naima wrote:
Well sorry but Since I nstalled and launched the game I didn't even notice that popup , I have deleted the character couse I was told I needed to have 60 in the char attributes to be able to saw a trunk , so thinking in a bug I deleted and reinstalled it all , and now I find out I have to "PAY" because I have only a limited char number?

Sorry but I find this politic realy bad and I am not going to pay for this even couse it was a bug or supposed so.

So I want to know where you found that information saying you need 60 in character attributes to saw a log?

It is looking to me you failed to do any real research and just thought you could build the meta uber toon from the start, and ignored all of the warnings and popups that come up when you go to delete a character. And that isnt on the game developers, they cant protect against stupid, that is on you.

Naima

Post by Naima » 05 Jan 2018, 17:27

Arrakis wrote:So it looks like you actually deleted your character on the main continent, completely ignoring two popups informing you of the consequences. Or have I misunderstood something?

Yes but I was told to do so because I was told that the characteristics had to be 60 and this is why I couln't harvest logs , so thinking of a bug I deleted, I will be honest and say I do not remember well if I saw one or two popups, I think I remember there was one telling it was a permanent deletion and that the action was irreversible or somethinglike that, I didn't pay much attention and I proceeded and then the game got corrupted and didn't work anymore so I had to uninstall and reinstall everything, I didn't understood there was a single ticket or the like .

Hodo wrote:
Naima wrote:

So I want to know where you found that information saying you need 60 in character attributes to saw a log?

It is looking to me you failed to do any real research and just thought you could build the meta uber toon from the start, and ignored all of the warnings and popups that come up when you go to delete a character. And that isnt on the game developers, they cant protect against stupid, that is on you.

This is what I read ....

Velius wrote:Of course you cannot. Your skill is far too low. You don't even have artisan to 60, let alone access to carpentry.

What I'm trying to figure out is how you have less than 30 artisan since you cannot actually create a character with lower than that

I understood you need to have 60 or the like to cut the log ...
I am not playing the stupid or trying to rob anything here or insiunate else and I do not like to be treated as such.

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 06 Jan 2018, 18:19

most skills allow you to do new things on 30 60 90 100 marks and allow you to begin using next skill in skill-tree once you reach 30

detailed- https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Crafting_skills

in your case Carpenter opens up once you get Artisan to 30 (and if you want to go higher then 29 in Carpenter you must get to Artisan 60) there is skill cap but there is no point in deleting char even after you reach it as you can select to decrease any skills you no longer need

Naima

Post by Naima » 07 Jan 2018, 16:50

Wellit doesn't matter now , I was fooled by confusing advice and bug andnow I can't play the game anymore , thanks to that one ticket policy!

KuCoo

Post by KuCoo » 28 Feb 2018, 20:25

Seeing as it has happened to many others including myself. The prompt shown before deletion is not good enough. Some people have only played mere hours, and want to create a new character to find out they are screwed. At least give new people a chance to play. No wonder why people are jumping ship on this game.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Feb 2018, 21:11

KuCoo wrote:Seeing as it has happened to many others including myself. The prompt shown before deletion is not good enough. Some people have only played mere hours, and want to create a new character to find out they are screwed. At least give new people a chance to play. No wonder why people are jumping ship on this game.

They give not one... not two... but THREE warnings before you delete your character.

Sorry but if you are that damned dumb that you cant figure it out after THREE yes, 1,2,3!!!!!!! warnings you deserve to pay 10bones for a new character.

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 02 Mar 2018, 17:01

This game isn t user-friendly. The community is being ignored, the product isn t really finished an inexperienced team is (somewhat) working on it and yet they charge more money for their stuff then big developers with bug-free trippel A games created by teams with decades of experience - thats fact. It is how it is.

I personally doubt that the method of "delete the character and the game isn t playable anymore unless u pay again" is legal by EU-law(s). Speaking of - the way they are marketing their producs in the item shop will probably become illegal in the next few months/years....

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Mar 2018, 18:57

Barlin wrote:This game isn t user-friendly. The community is being ignored, the product isn t really finished an inexperienced team is (somewhat) working on it and yet they charge more money for their stuff then big developers with bug-free trippel A games created by teams with decades of experience - thats fact. It is how it is.

I personally doubt that the method of "delete the character and the game isn t playable anymore unless u pay again" is legal by EU-law(s). Speaking of - the way they are marketing their producs in the item shop will probably become illegal in the next few months/years....

Where did you get your degree from? Did you take the Board? Or are you one of those internet lawyers who saw something on the Wiki and thinks they know everything?

Again, the idea of PAY to PLAY is not new, the concept of charging for either a character or a subscription or both has been done before. You are paying for the character transfer from one server to another. Nothing is preventing you from staying on the noobie island. And there are multiple checks in place to let you know that you are about to do something stupid by deleting your character. I tested in the last phase of beta.

As for the item shop... again did you get a law degree from a Cracker Jack Box? There is NO random loot box from the item shop, you pay for an item, you get THAT item. No random gambling loot drop chance. CCP has been doing the SAME model for years.

But maybe I am different because I know both of my parents and they are not also my aunt and uncle.

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 02 Mar 2018, 22:23

well... I am a trained 3D artist for computer games. I worked on some projects but quit and started studying medicine and an additional bachelor.

I know lots of lawyers but no, I didn t ask them.

The product bitbox is selling is the mmo. Deleting the character means losing access to the mmo/product u paid for.
I know tons of games, but of no game that does this.

"Again, the idea of PAY to PLAY is not new, the concept of charging for either a character or a subscription or both has been done before" duh... ur sentence makes zero sense. explain to me how a game BUSINESS would work without paying to play ??? :lol: I never said anything against subscription or in game shops (even though I dont think the current version will be enough for lif to survive the next few years)

"There is NO random loot box from the item shop, you pay for an item, you get THAT item. No random gambling loot drop chance" lol, what game are u playing ? Because its definitely not the lif mmo... The christmas sales had random loot, also the last sale....

"But maybe I am different because I know both of my parents and they are not also my aunt and uncle." There are forum rules - oh, WAIT, u didn t read the text in the pop-up window ? :ROFL:

And in case u are planning to accuse me of being a hater...I helped with the translation when they asked the community for help. When I got free beta access I declined. Instead I spent 100-200€ on this game, bought several accounts and packages. I also advertised on steam for this game and brought over several steam friends. I like(d) the idea behind this game, but in my opinion, with the direction and way the development goes and how the community is/the CUSTOMERS are treated everyone here should start to ask some questions...

So, cheers kiddo :beer:
Last edited by Barlin on 02 Mar 2018, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Mar 2018, 22:38

Barlin wrote:well... I am a trained 3D artist for computer games. I worked on some projects but quit and started studying medicine and an additional bachelor.

I know lots of lawyers but no, I didn t ask them.

<SNIP>

So, cheers kiddo :beer:

So you are telling me you have two degrees, neither of which are in law, or in the field vaguely related to law. You have no degree in business, or in finance (which I do have a degree in). And you are going to tell me that their current pay model is not "sustainable" or legal.

Ok... first read the games disclosure, it is a carbon copy of 90% of ALL MMO end user agreements (EULA). You as a player do not OWN the game, you do not own ANY part of this game, you are paying to play this game. Any additional money put forth as a subscription, item shop, or additional characters, is for the service of using their (Bitbox) game to play on their servers.

There are games that do not charge to play... I can name a few to start.

Star Wars Galaxies- EMU, does not charge to play, asks for donations to keep the server up.

World of Pirates, old but no payment model at all.

Eve Online, you actually dont have to pay a dime to play that game.

Then there is those games that have the pay once to play model.
Mechwarrior Online
PUBG
ESO
And the list goes on....

The Christmas sales that happened, uh didnt have random loot in them if I recall. You bought something off of the shop, a skin or tool pack, you got EXACTLY what was listed in that pack. If you bought a Pagan Trinket, the value of what came out of that trinket was always MORE than what you paid for it. And I didnt think you could buy them separately from other offers at the time.

No where have I accused you of being a hater, and honestly I wouldnt have. I can think of FAR more insulting things to call you. But seeing as you are proving more and more that you are a non-factor, I dont see a point in it. :beer:

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 02 Mar 2018, 23:20

ok.... I feel a headache coming.... -.-

"And you are going to tell me that their current pay model is not "sustainable" or legal" - learn how to read.... I never said that it isn t legal. Simple questions for u.... why should any lif-player pay for subscription for month/years ? what do they gain ? Or what does the ingame-shop have to offer to create a CONSTANT cashflow ?

If I have to guess, I would say pretty much 70%+ of bitbox income is still coming from the steam sales. That would be fine, if their steam reviews would be great, and if they would have tons of new players, but they have not. Probably 80%+ of the new players quit the game after a few weeks, meaning most of the players won t buy much in the in game shop or pay for subscription. Old players will sooner or later leave too - without a constant flow of new players the player base will shrink. Old players won t have any reason to keep on spending money on the shop or subscription.
One of the biggest features of the game, terraforming/changing the landscape, is also one of it biggest problems. Imagine the game runs for years- how will the map look after all the terraforming, and how will u sell that ?

"Ok... first read the games disclosure, it is a carbon copy of 90% of ALL MMO end user agreements (EULA). You as a player do not OWN the game, you do not own ANY part of this game, you are paying to play this game. Any additional money put forth as a subscription, item shop, or additional characters, is for the service of using their (Bitbox) game to play on their servers." - copy and paste pls. Normally this works with something like paying for a software license to use... btw. the same goes for most developers, paying for the software licenes (maya, max, mudbox, zbrush, speedtree, the engine ect.) This still means that the access to the software/game/whatever is guranteed

There are pretty much 3 ways used to finance games (You have to focus onn ONE model because it will affect ur game development):
- Pay one time, no extra costs (for example games with alot of story. once u finished the story u will probably switch to another game)
- subscription (keep the player playing= keep the player paying. constant flow of new content is needed)
- (free to play +) in game shops ( skins, xp booster ect. they can not
change the game balancing and since the impact in game is low the price is normally also low. This concept works with quantity. Get lots of players to the free-to-play game and some percentage of them to pay for it all)

old games (eve online is 15 years old by now ?) where u don t need to pay any money anywhere (haven t seen that so far) are probably a voluntary service by the publisher.

If u are into that topic, go visit some game developer conferences in europe or the states (dunno if u will get access though). They discuss the financial stuff and technology behind the games for days :bad:

"If you bought a Pagan Trinket, the value of what came out of that trinket was always MORE than what you paid for it" not true, and not the point. The discussion about the pagan trinkets is pointless since it is not illegal yet

Return to Newcomer Section