Field for wild plants

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Extraterrestial_Annie

Field for wild plants

Post by Extraterrestial_Annie » 10 Mar 2018, 09:46

How do you make a field for wild plants and what is it that prevents them from spawning somewhere?

I have a 11x11 herb field that does not seem to work for wild plants at all. When I do the search, nothing spawns and it just tells me that nothing was found. If I search one tile off, nothing spawns on the field but just outside it (flattened stone paving). When I try paving the field with high quality, nothing spawns on that paving, nor the rest of the field.

Also tried digging out one tile and searching and it seems to work until I try digging another time from that and putting the soil back.

EDIT: is it restricted to low quality tiles only?

Uxtalzon

Re: Field for wild plants

Post by Uxtalzon » 10 Mar 2018, 15:19

Bingo, you guessed right. They do not spawn on tiles that are too high quality. That Games On guy on YT made a video about it.

Without getting too complicated, the game caps wild plants at 30 quality, and soil quality x 2 is the max. 60 quality is too high, 59 might work, but 58 and lower is best.

Complicated, mathy answer: wild plant quality absolute max is 30 but the game rounds down any decimal amount to a whole number, so the max we can actually find is 29.9999 (and gets rounded down). The game checks the tile quality, notices it can spawn a wild plant higher than 30 quality, says "nope.avi", and thus the plant won't spawn. That means 60 and higher won't work. 59 quality? /shrug. Depends on if the game rounds down the quality first before checking tile quality or vice versa.

So 29 x 2 = 58 soil quality field max is your best bet.

If you want to be able to gather 25+ quality plants constantly, 25 x 2 = 50 quality soil field minimum.

TL;DR to summarize: if you want 25-29 quality wild plants, have a 50-58 quality field. 59 is a big question mark. 60 and over won't work.

The Games On guy deserves credit for finding out and testing, I'm just applying the math.

Extraterrestial_Annie

Re: Field for wild plants

Post by Extraterrestial_Annie » 10 Mar 2018, 21:40

Uxtalzon wrote:Bingo, you guessed right. They do not spawn on tiles that are too high quality. That Games On guy on YT made a video about it.

Without getting too complicated, the game caps wild plants at 30 quality, and soil quality x 2 is the max. 60 quality is too high, 59 might work, but 58 and lower is best.

Complicated, mathy answer: wild plant quality absolute max is 30 but the game rounds down any decimal amount to a whole number, so the max we can actually find is 29.9999 (and gets rounded down). The game checks the tile quality, notices it can spawn a wild plant higher than 30 quality, says "nope.avi", and thus the plant won't spawn. That means 60 and higher won't work. 59 quality? /shrug. Depends on if the game rounds down the quality first before checking tile quality or vice versa.

So 29 x 2 = 58 soil quality field max is your best bet.

If you want to be able to gather 25+ quality plants constantly, 25 x 2 = 50 quality soil field minimum.

TL;DR to summarize: if you want 25-29 quality wild plants, have a 50-58 quality field. 59 is a big question mark. 60 and over won't work.

The Games On guy deserves credit for finding out and testing, I'm just applying the math.

I see, well. that's good to know. Thank you for answering. :)

Return to Newcomer Section