My Thoughts

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

L.y.n.x

My Thoughts

Post by L.y.n.x » 11 Mar 2018, 02:43

This is what I think is problem with the game as of now for starters,
there are many more things that needs to be addressed.

Crafting-

Crafting should have 500 points instead of 400 , as it is now you need 2 people to get all skills from one tree, while having just 1 end skill from that tree different,
I find it unneeded and I find that allot of people do not like how it is now.

Crafting recipes-

If I made it once why do I have to remember what I need every time, it might not be so bad for recipes further in game ,but it makes it to complicated for new starters

Map spawns-

Map spawns are joke, if you spawn in desert you might need to run for hours to get to place you want to get to and you will have to do it , as
there are no materials needed to even start the game,
I am sorry , having to spend few hours of your time just to run starting your game is not immersive, fun or
smart way to introduce new players to your game,not everyone has all day every day to spend ingame, let alone spend so much time so you can even start playing the game,
not to mention you might as well die and have to run again.And stop with this sprinting option to run away from wildlife, no new player will know that there is such option.

Trading posts-

Why do you even have to find and select your Trading post to sell something, why is it even needed
To buy from other trading posts you must go there - idea sounds great, but lets face it, everyone has closed gates, people play in different times and it
makes it complete pain to make any trades, when you need trading post owner to let you in, you can run all the way to trading post for hour
just to find out that there is none who can let you in, one solution could be NPC, but there are other ways to make this system actually work

Communication system-

Communication system needs rework, I understand that you want to make it seem like old ages where none had cellphone or anything,
but it makes game lifeless and causes to many problems,people are just forced to use external applications to communicate, go around this system.
So why not actually give these options ingame, like whisper even if it takes time to reach person, some friend list or something so you do not have to search all map
to find person
you are looking for, or them having to use external applications to keep in touch, not sure about world, region chat,
I see why people would not like this in game, or might like it , but having
basic things to communicate would be good start.
Also allot of people are complaining about not having voice chat- not my thing, but I understand why people would want it, so why not give it to them , make
it work the same as chat with whisper radius, regular distance, no shouting please, with some option to mute people who annoy you.

Alignment system PVP-

Lets face it, this game feeds trolls,griefers, having to lose Alignment for defending yourself , or your property from harm is silly and giving
punishment only for innocent players because all these griefers trolls have alts on which they do not care about penalty they get for destroying player base
So while we are on this topic I think that we need punishment they could feel and that would give more game immersion, like people who have -10 Alignment are
considered Criminals and they can be bounty hunted, Crown sets bounty based on their - Alignment and players can set extra bounty for this player, if he gets killed
he gets sent to jail for some time and when time ends respawn in his house on random spawn if he has no house, this is just suggestion there are always other ways to deal
with this, but fact is that there must be something done about it.

Currency(Gold)

Gold is to unimportant, you can get gold easy ,but you need it almost nowhere except claim maintenance and early stage trading, also having
huge amount of gold increase around player base makes price inflation making goods to expensive for new players.
None wants to trade for gold because they do not need it , this must be addressed, I think way how you get gold is alright, problem is in fact that gold does not play
huge role around game progression, you must have gold to be regularly flushed to disappear from game so it does not make inflation and same time make it
important so players have need to trade with it regularly even after when they have reached end game.

Solo players-

I do not understand all this approach of making solo player life as miserable as possible, game will focus around guild battles anyway, having
solo players on map would make game only more living and more fun, not just having castles left and right seeing small settlements would only make it more immersive
both visually and gameplay wise.
I understand that there that it is complicated situation because of resources and having guild claims nearby when they expand,
but it all can be thought trough to make it good for both sides.

Jakkus07
Beta Tester

Re: My Thoughts

Post by Jakkus07 » 14 Mar 2018, 08:30

Crafting-

Crafting should have 500 points instead of 400 , as it is now you need 2 people to get all skills from one tree, while having just 1 end skill from that tree different,
I find it unneeded and I find that allot of people do not like how it is now.

It works fine. Like someone mentioned its "specialization" of certain skilltree. It enforces group cooperation.

Map spawns-

Map spawns are joke, if you spawn in desert you might need to run for hours to get to place you want to get to and you will have to do it , as
there are no materials needed to even start the game,
I am sorry , having to spend few hours of your time just to run starting your game is not immersive, fun or
smart way to introduce new players to your game,not everyone has all day every day to spend ingame, let alone spend so much time so you can even start playing the game,
not to mention you might as well die and have to run again.And stop with this sprinting option to run away from wildlife, no new player will know that there is such option.

True - but we feel your pain. Many even got eaten by the wolf/bear/enemy guild. :)
At the very beggining of alpha phase everyone spawned in the main city (server 25). I think devs didnt think this throught or gave random spawn so not to strain strain server 25. But again this make
the main city pointless ...

Trading posts-

Why do you even have to find and select your Trading post to sell something, why is it even needed
To buy from other trading posts you must go there - idea sounds great, but lets face it, everyone has closed gates, people play in different times and it
makes it complete pain to make any trades, when you need trading post owner to let you in, you can run all the way to trading post for hour
just to find out that there is none who can let you in, one solution could be NPC, but there are other ways to make this system actually work

I thing its mainly guild problem. Trading posts is used mainly as personal storage rather than actual trading posts. Problem connects to the economy of the game. In short - the bigger the guild the less they need to trade. It also connects to the coin inflation - the only thing that that you can exchange goods for in trading post. Overall people exchange goods outside trading posts because goods are more valuable than coin.

Also trading posts were created for the people to play in diffrent time zones. The way it functions is that you leave goods in post and people see it in browser then they take coin go to the trading posts that goods are in - give coin and collect goods and vice versa. Again problem connects to:

1. Trassportation - people dont want to cross two server to just trade
2. You can only trade for coin - useless resource -
3. Major guilds dont trade because they have everything.

Communication system-

Communication system needs rework, I understand that you want to make it seem like old ages where none had cellphone or anything,
but it makes game lifeless and causes to many problems,people are just forced to use external applications to communicate, go around this system.
So why not actually give these options ingame, like whisper even if it takes time to reach person, some friend list or something so you do not have to search all map
to find person
you are looking for, or them having to use external applications to keep in touch, not sure about world, region chat,
I see why people would not like this in game, or might like it , but having
basic things to communicate would be good start.
Also allot of people are complaining about not having voice chat- not my thing, but I understand why people would want it, so why not give it to them , make
it work the same as chat with whisper radius, regular distance, no shouting please, with some option to mute people who annoy you.

There was once general chat but it was a mess believe me people dont need it - im glad the got rid of it.

Also thee is actually close proximity voice chat in game. However devs stated its bugged and turned it off. They will probalby fix it - but when no one knows.

Currency(Gold)

Gold is to unimportant, you can get gold easy ,but you need it almost nowhere except claim maintenance and early stage trading, also having
huge amount of gold increase around player base makes price inflation making goods to expensive for new players.
None wants to trade for gold because they do not need it , this must be addressed, I think way how you get gold is alright, problem is in fact that gold does not play
huge role around game progression, you must have gold to be regularly flushed to disappear from game so it does not make inflation and same time make it
important so players have need to trade with it regularly even after when they have reached end game.

Like i said it connects to economy. People dont trade because they dont need anything. And the dont trade with each other using coins becouse trading posts is just endless and easy supply of coin. It actually remaind me of gold fontain that spit coins when you put building logs in it. Not to mention how economy is build in this game.
One of the ideas is to stop the trading posts to give coin and limit it to this main city only, or at least limit it to finished prorducts like armors/tools/weapons/etc. Life would be hard and coin will gain value becouse it would be more rare. I thing tihs way guild would mangage. However solo players and new players will have the biggest hit in the cheeks.

Also...

Solo players have almost no value. Its a fact. Dont get me wrong i wish it would be diffent but game is simply constructed this way. Major guilds dont need workforce - they already have it - and in LiF if you have problem - you throw the workforce at the problem and then its solved. Recources are equally distributed throught map. The only hope is that you have claimed some kind of rare recources like gold/silver/regional stuff. But believe me you will have some kind of guild at your claim demanding that you give it back because - its "theirs" (even tho it isnt). Then again economy is simply constructed this way. :(
I love the battles, glory and loot.
Yet I'm not the wolf.
I love the craft, trade and gold.
Yet I'm not the sheep.
What am I then you ask?
I'm The Jackal...

Return to Feedback Section