How do skills inmact combat skills?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

TastyBeast

How do skills inmact combat skills?

Post by TastyBeast » 10 Mar 2018, 11:42

Hello.

I know that agility affects accuracy of bows and crossbows.
But what about damage? Or speed of sword swings?

Does streight affect damage of swords?

Uxtalzon

Re: How do skills inmact combat skills?

Post by Uxtalzon » 10 Mar 2018, 15:30

I'd like to know too. I'm garbage at ranged weapon skills, but found a crappy crossbow and bolts and it's really accurate and does tons of damage to animals...

But, I have 30 assaulter and 27 strength to equip claymore (minimum requirements) and one swing takes 3 seconds and eats 90% of all my stamina. The damage it does if I do actually hit something is utter crap.

Velius

Post by Velius » 11 Mar 2018, 05:15

Stats do not affect combat. Only your weapon skills and weapon quality. All stats do is determine the heaviest weapon you can wield and how much stamina each swing costs.

Stamming out in 1 swing is due to being too weak to wield your weapon. 27 is pathetically low for a claymore. You do not want to invest in being an assaulter/vanguard with anything less than 60 str. Get lifting.

TastyBeast

Post by TastyBeast » 11 Mar 2018, 06:01

Velius wrote:Stats do not affect combat. Only your weapon skills and weapon quality. All stats do is determine the heaviest weapon you can wield and how much stamina each swing costs.

Stamming out in 1 swing is due to being too weak to wield your weapon. 27 is pathetically low for a claymore. You do not want to invest in being an assaulter/vanguard with anything less than 60 str. Get lifting.

Is there any information (preferably with the formula) on how stamina drain depends on streight?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Mar 2018, 13:31

The higher your strength above the minimum of the weapon required strength reduces the amount of stamina used to a set number.

That minimum amount of stamina used varies from weapon to weapon.

Then the speed of which the weapon is swung is affected by your agility, and the weapons speed modifier. Some weapons are fast, others are slow. But the higher your agility the faster the weapon will be.

As for archery. Strength effects the max range of the weapon along with the type of bow.

Agility effects the accuracy along with the quality of the bow.

Crossbows dont worry about strength for range. That is set with each crossbow. Quality and agility effect accuracy though.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

TastyBeast

Post by TastyBeast » 14 Mar 2018, 03:45

Hodo wrote:The higher your strength above the minimum of the weapon required strength reduces the amount of stamina used to a set number.

That minimum amount of stamina used varies from weapon to weapon.

Then the speed of which the weapon is swung is affected by your agility, and the weapons speed modifier. Some weapons are fast, others are slow. But the higher your agility the faster the weapon will be.

As for archery. Strength effects the max range of the weapon along with the type of bow.

Agility effects the accuracy along with the quality of the bow.

Crossbows dont worry about strength for range. That is set with each crossbow. Quality and agility effect accuracy though.

Thanks! It is realy helpful info.

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 16 Mar 2018, 10:04

Str

Stam cost to use weapons / reduces movespeed penalty from equipment weight.

Agi

Increases base move speed / attack speed / ranged accurage

Con

Increases health and reduces equipment weight penalty

Will

Increases carry weight and stamina.

Int

Increases skill cap for both combat and non-combat skills.

For any combat build you are looking to balance Agi / Strength / Con based on the weapons you'll be using and which gives more movespeed for your equipment weight, and how important taking more hits vs. dealing damage is to you. Some Will is not a bad idea. If you need int on a combat main, then you should probably rethink your build IMO.

I'd experiment around until you feel like the values work well for your chosen build or ask someone who uses similar equipment what works for them.

Return to Newcomer Section