Some Questions About Alts

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Eldurian

Some Questions About Alts

Post by Eldurian » 12 Mar 2018, 18:08

1. Can you have more than one alt per account / is there a max limit?

2. If there is a max limit, is multi-accounting considered a TOS violation?

3. Am I correct in assuming that purchasing additional tickets to Abella is the requirement to creating alts?

Any input would be appreciated.

Eldurian

Re: Some Questions About Alts

Post by Eldurian » 12 Mar 2018, 18:48

An additional question. I know in some previous versions of LiF, trees would cap at lower levels if the parent trees weren't higher. How does that work in the MMO version? Like suppose I wanted to max the berserker tree with as few points as possible into assaulter and vanguard. What is the minimum points I would need in those two trees?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Mar 2018, 18:58

1- Yes...10 is the max per account I believe.

2- You cant load more than one character at one time from one account. And multi-boxing is fine if you have multiple accounts.

3- Yes you have to buy a ticket for EVERY character you get.

And your second post..

You need a minimum of 60 points in order to get over 30 in the next skill in the line. So for the Beserker tree you need 60 assaulter, 60 vanguard then you can have as high as you want in Beserker.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 12 Mar 2018, 19:26

Good info man. Thanks for the quick reply. You answered everything I need to know. :)

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 12 Mar 2018, 19:36

Actually I do have a follow up question. Based on your information I purchased some tickets to Arabella to help me get started with building my settlement. The place I have chose to build it is very remote though. Is there a faster way to get all my characters there than running them each over 1 by 1?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Mar 2018, 19:52

Unfortunately there is no way to move them faster. They have to be ran over one by one.

The downside of being remote is you may find yourself struggling with resources. And having to travel great distances to get there when you spawn in.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Moseph
True Believer

Post by Moseph » 12 Mar 2018, 20:05

Eldurian wrote:Actually I do have a follow up question. Based on your information I purchased some tickets to Arabella to help me get started with building my settlement. The place I have chose to build it is very remote though. Is there a faster way to get all my characters there than running them each over 1 by 1?

You could use Gloomelindhe (suicide) from General Actions and see if you respawn closer to your destination; there will be skill loss but since it is a new character, it is not difficult to make up. Drowning yourself works just as well.

Alternatively, you could see if someone on your server near your destination is willing to loan you horse(s) for faster transit.

Someone adding an character to an account would typically ride a horse to a rendezvous point, either trade the horse or bag it and leave it on the ground depending if the new char was on same account, and then use the Prayer for Homecoming to return to their bind point; the new character could then use the horse to join them.

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 12 Mar 2018, 20:20

Drowning myself seemed to restart me at the same place I originally started. That's a pity because it keeps starting me in the far south but I want to live in the far north. Any random respawn location is likely to be better and it couldn't get much worse. The horse trick will have to work I suppose. I'll have to make my original character the one to focus on getting 60 Animal Lore unless I find someone very generous, and so far I haven't seen anyone else at all. :(

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 16 Mar 2018, 21:27

So I actually have enough of my characters in the area I want to settle to begin work on that. This raises a few additional questions I'm wondering about.

1. In LiF:YO I know that when I played walls had to be built on a perfectly level base. For instance if there were a change in elevation between two wall sections on flat surfaces you would not be able to put a wall section on the slanted tile between them, causing a gap in the wall (I found a work around in building the wall while it was level then terraforming afterward but it was very glitchy and looked horrible). Is this still a thing or have they implemented a wall type I can use on an non-level surface?

2. It seems I need copper to pay the upkeep on my deeds. Is there any way to get copper before building a market? I need a certain level of development to create items that will sell for copper and a high level of development to build a market, but while I'm working on that it would be exceptionally helpful to have a safe place to store my items, and I know a bark box in a hut offers no protection for them.

3. Does anyone know if the "snow" terrain in the arctic regions of the map ever melts and if so what soil types are typically found beneath it, or do I just need to haul soil in for growing manually?

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 18 Mar 2018, 22:28

Eldurian wrote:So I actually have enough of my characters in the area I want to settle to begin work on that. This raises a few additional questions I'm wondering about.

1. In LiF:YO I know that when I played walls had to be built on a perfectly level base. For instance if there were a change in elevation between two wall sections on flat surfaces you would not be able to put a wall section on the slanted tile between them, causing a gap in the wall (I found a work around in building the wall while it was level then terraforming afterward but it was very glitchy and looked horrible). Is this still a thing or have they implemented a wall type I can use on an non-level surface?

2. It seems I need copper to pay the upkeep on my deeds. Is there any way to get copper before building a market? I need a certain level of development to create items that will sell for copper and a high level of development to build a market, but while I'm working on that it would be exceptionally helpful to have a safe place to store my items, and I know a bark box in a hut offers no protection for them.

3. Does anyone know if the "snow" terrain in the arctic regions of the map ever melts and if so what soil types are typically found beneath it, or do I just need to haul soil in for growing manually?

1-dont know

2- there is neutral city with markets in center of map or you can use market built by someone else (probably should ask for permission first)

3- dont know

* you will have MUCH easier time in a guild - join or create one (10 chars min) - there is active subforum for guild recruitment for each of 5 servers

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 19 Mar 2018, 02:08

Thanks. On the guild front I am doing alright. I have characters capable of every profession, a decent working knowledge of the game from LiF:YO and my fiance + a small group of people who are joining with me.

I realise it would be simpler to join an existing village with all my guys but I love the freedom of doing our own thing and I feel we are up to the challenge.

Return to Newcomer Section