Battle Survival - Arrakis please look here

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Bh1
True Believer

Battle Survival - Arrakis please look here

Post by Bh1 » 11 Jan 2018, 07:57

The skill "First Aid" is useless.
According to the skill description, if you stop a bleeding, you have a chance to create a healing that turns life-damage into consciousness damage.
This happens, even with a high level of skill and good associations so rare, you hardly notice it (often tested on my own).
Similarly, the skill is very difficult to increase.

Is there a revision here or are you satisfied with how First Aid works?
Last edited by Bh1 on 07 Mar 2018, 06:56, edited 4 times in total.

Velius

Re: First Aid

Post by Velius » 11 Jan 2018, 08:10

Bh1 wrote:The skill "First Aid" is useless.
According to the skill description, if you stop a bleeding, you have a chance to create a healing that turns life-damage into consciousness damage.
This happens, even with a high level of skill and good associations so rare, you hardly notice it (often tested on my own).
Similarly, the skill is very difficult to increase.

Is there a revision here or are you satisfied with how First Aid works?

First aid is not meant to be magical healing. It is for stabilization and long-term care to restore injuries, and battlefield survival is more akin to triage in the field to get you through the battle so that a doctor can stitch you up afterwards. I would say it is working exactly as intended and feels like it is in a good place at the moment.

All of the chance procs are, by design, extremely low due to how powerful they are. They are not meant to be relied on as part of the skill, they are like critical successes to speed up the process when performing basic crafting/gathering, and masterwork items when performing advanced crafting. They are a nice surprise when they happen, but no one goes to craft an item or perform a task with the presumption they will get a proc. If your luck is in the +12-15 area you will notice they happen more often, however they will still be extremely sparse in relation to the overall work being done.

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 11 Jan 2018, 12:48

while training it i survived 3-4 hits more - timetimes. And sometimes mb 1. its luck based.

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 27 Feb 2018, 07:36

The idea for "Battle Survival" is really good, but unfortunately the ability in the game at the moment is useless.

The weapon skill with the least benefit, which is still impossible to increase.

For a skill that consumes a raw material (Bandage), it is very useless
the quality of the bandage could considerably influence the chances of success

Why can only bleeding be removed, why not wounds as the description says?

@DEVS
@Arrakis

I would like to ask the developers why the skill has been inserted in this conditoin and if they are satisfied with it, are changes likely to happen?
Maybe you can see how often the skill is used from palyers...
Last edited by Bh1 on 05 Mar 2018, 10:59, edited 6 times in total.

Bh1
True Believer

Re: Battle Survival

Post by Bh1 » 02 Mar 2018, 08:59

push

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 02 Mar 2018, 19:36

If it healed wounds (or even reduce wound effect) it would finally become useful. Since it consumes a bandage you would still use normal healing for the rest of the time.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 05 Mar 2018, 16:44

I've been saved so many times by this skill, I've been dead to rights so many times but the soft hp conversion kept me alive.

I'd really appreciate it if one of the devs clarified how exactly the skill actually works.
It's kind of a mystery to me even though I feel like I know how it work it's still strange

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 07 Mar 2018, 06:52

WestArcher wrote:I've been saved so many times by this skill, I've been dead to rights so many times but the soft hp conversion kept me alive.

I'd really appreciate it if one of the devs clarified how exactly the skill actually works.
It's kind of a mystery to me even though I feel like I know how it work it's still strange

Hello,
are you talking about My Own or MMO?
How high is your skill and luck?

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 07 Mar 2018, 17:18

Bh1 wrote:
WestArcher wrote:I've been saved so many times by this skill, I've been dead to rights so many times but the soft hp conversion kept me alive.

Hello,
are you talking about My Own or MMO?
How high is your skill and luck?

MMO, I had taken off all my bling before we rode out to do fighting so 0 I suppose.

I had about 3 skill points in battle survive (13 effective skill from stats).
Last weekend during JH from 10 hard hp and 40 soft hp I had survived a lance hit for something ridiculous like 70 points of damage taking me to 0, followed by many impacting hits from horses and even a waraxe hit, I still didn't die.
I got a lot of battlesurvive skill ticks, I'm not sure if I was just not dying due to exploding dice but it was also the first time this has happened for me. Usually in that kind of situation I would just be plain old dead.

Bh1
True Believer

Re: Battle Survival - Arrakis please look here

Post by Bh1 » 08 Mar 2018, 09:29

Life on 0, you do not die but loses consciousness - and the Skill Battle survive rises minimally - I also know that, especially if you are beaten with torches - but I think this is a BUG

the function of this ability is simply inexplicable to me ...

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 19 Mar 2018, 06:34

"push"

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Mar 2018, 12:11

Hey. Sorry for the delay. Recently we have updated gamepedia Battle Survival page with missing info about its passive ability. Check it out - https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Battle_Survival

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 19 Mar 2018, 16:34

Arrakis wrote:Hey. Sorry for the delay. Recently we have updated gamepedia Battle Survival page with missing info about its passive ability. Check it out - https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Battle_Survival

Could you elaborate on the chance to have it proc?
I'm assuming luck is taken into account but does having more Battle Survival skill improve the chance or is it purely the mitigation?

Bh1
True Believer

Post by Bh1 » 22 Mar 2018, 10:34

Arrakis wrote:Hey. Sorry for the delay. Recently we have updated gamepedia Battle Survival page with missing info about its passive ability. Check it out - https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Battle_Survival

Thanks for the information

1) Is there a chance only if you are close to death or with any damage you receive?

2) what role play luck?

3) Would not it be possible with this ability to heal light wounds in addition to bleeding? Battle Survival would have been more useful (after all, you will need a bandage). For severe wounds you need a healer anyway

Bh1
True Believer

Battle Survival

Post by Bh1 » 19 Mar 2019, 08:01

The description says: (skill 30) You can heal wounds on arms and legs
in reality you can only heal bleeding, no wounds

Dear Team, I would ask you to be able to heal your own wounds with the skill like the description says.

Return to General Discussion