Unit Formations

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Valverrin

Unit Formations

Post by Valverrin » 27 Feb 2018, 11:15

The description of 60 level of "Unit and formation" skill says that you "can receive maximum bonus from orders and formations". That raises a question for me.

Do you need to train this skill to 60 if you aren't a leader of a unit but want to receive maximum bonuses from your leader (let's assume he has 90+)?

Basically I don't clearly understand if it's enough to train 1 guy to stand as unit leader and buff whole unit even if 9 other guys in it have no such skill at all. Or is it a must for every member of a unit to have this skill to receive full bonuses? How does the whole system work?

Velius

Re: Unit Formations

Post by Velius » 03 Mar 2018, 04:53

Correct, in order to be fully mission-capable, all unit members need 60 and the leader needs 100 and preferably be mounted for double the radius. Otherwise you will have people lagging behind with Move Out, or not getting the damage immunity, etc. You will still get some benefit, but a group with full training in UF will completely annihilate you.

Jakkus07
Beta Tester

Post by Jakkus07 » 22 Mar 2018, 09:44

What? Since when all people need to be commanders to have bonusses from formation? It doesnt make sense. I doubt anyone have a group of people with unit and formation 60. Well i know why people dont have high protection.
I love the battles, glory and loot.
Yet I'm not the wolf.
I love the craft, trade and gold.
Yet I'm not the sheep.
What am I then you ask?
I'm The Jackal...

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 22 Mar 2018, 21:59

Has anyone actually tested and proved that one way or the other.

Because I dont think it has to be everyone in the unit to have 60 unit formation to get the bonuses.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Asri
Devoted Believer

Post by Asri » 26 Mar 2018, 23:34

You need UF 60 to get the FULL bonus from your commander. If you have 30 or even zero, you only get a portion of the bonus.

(Yes, tested.)

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 27 Mar 2018, 18:10

Well crap. I was going for a unit and formation build but it isn't a mounted build and I was assuming everyone in my group could benefit from it's effects fully so I was the only one who needed to invest points in it. 60 is... 30 short of what I'm investing in it as the commander.

That seems a bit absurd.

Velius

Post by Velius » 30 Mar 2018, 18:44

Hodo wrote:Has anyone actually tested and proved that one way or the other.

Because I dont think it has to be everyone in the unit to have 60 unit formation to get the bonuses.

Not everyone needs 60 for the bonus to take effect, however those who are not 60 will only get their skillcap of the effect while the rest of the unit who are 60+ gets the +100, so they will be left behind very quickly or die in short order without Move Out/90% Damage Reduction

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 30 Mar 2018, 19:25

Velius wrote:
Hodo wrote:Has anyone actually tested and proved that one way or the other.

Not everyone needs 60 for the bonus to take effect, however those who are not 60 will only get their skillcap of the effect while the rest of the unit who are 60+ gets the +100, so they will be left behind very quickly or die in short order without Move Out/90% Damage Reduction

So are you saying if you have 0 in Unit and Formation you are capped at 0 bonus? That makes the skill dramatically less useful unless everyone is running it...

Return to Newcomer Section