How I Got Mine To Work After Mutex Errors

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal: Your Own? Post it here!

Karamoore1967

How I Got Mine To Work After Mutex Errors

Post by Karamoore1967 » 15 Feb 2018, 20:07

After having so many Mutex errors and disconnects, I looked at the text for the error reports and saw it kept saying something about "GFX could not lock at........" and as I am not computer savvy, I decided to look that up. OK, I have AMD Radeon as the graphics driver and that seems to be ok, but after researching that, I noticed that one of the sources said something about USB headphones but I don't have USB headphones, I do however have a Wacom Bamboo tablet that is USB and my phone charger. I unplugged both of them.

After doing that I went to make sure the Realtek Audio manager was off. It was. But I got another Mutex error, so I looked again at my services.

I have Windows 10 and the easiest way to get to that is open Task Manager from the toolbar, go to the last tab Services and open that. At the bottom of the window is "open services", so I did that. Realtek was not running, good. But then I noticed two other services that seemed important, so I clicked on those.

One was the UPnP, I knew that was "Universal plug and play", so I started that service. I had read that most games today are UPnP and since my pc has Xbox, I assumed that it was set up for server games. I just started it.

The second one was Net.tcp Port Sharing Service. I thought it might be useful since we have to make sure ports are open and for those of us who do not own our routers but get Wifi, I thought it was something like port forwarding built in.

So I went back to the game and started it, this time I got in just fine. I can't promise that will always work, but just before you play, make sure those two services are running.

I am not computer savvy but there are bits of information I do remember and these two services seemed important enough to look at.

But, that helped me today. I am on HP Pavilion, Windows 10. Anyway, that might be one of the bugs people are experiencing.

Jesus.tambor

Re: How I Got Mine To Work After Mutex Errors

Post by Jesus.tambor » 11 Mar 2018, 15:49

Hi!

I have the same problem and i followed your instructions but for me, it isn`t working still...did you get the final solution of the problem? Our pcs are quite similar.

Thank you beforehand

Karamoore1967

Post by Karamoore1967 » 17 Mar 2018, 02:07

Jesus.tambor wrote:Hi!

I have the same problem and i followed your instructions but for me, it isn`t working still...did you get the final solution of the problem? Our pcs are quite similar.

Thank you beforehand

I have discovered that mutex takes a lot of memory. So I downloaded CleanMem and watch that when loading the game. It works for me at 34%, because once you get to certain parts of loading, the memory is just gobbled up.

Don't have any tabs open while loading. That also uses memory. I have to wait until I am in the game before I stream youtube through it. I just turned the game volume all the way down and listen to whatever else I want. You can even do that for your music files.

Darkbouzouf
Beta Tester

Post by Darkbouzouf » 02 Apr 2018, 15:39

still have damn mutex error (more or less 1 every 5 min... unplayable of course...

I'm playinbg with same CPU for years and never had this, apparently it started with game update near feb

any idea ?

Return to Feedback section