Could not write to socket

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players
Fferragi

Could not write to socket

Post by Fferragi » 05 Apr 2018, 19:46

Hello,

I am receiving a flood of message in my server console about an ERR with socket:

Example:
ERRR 2018-04-05 07:54:24.013 {} <<Thread>> [244532] Could not write to socket. Error: WSAEWOULDBLOCK [T:ThreadConsole:0x0E48]

This message repeats a lot, in 1 milisecond I get arround 20 of them, and it keeps repeating for like 2 or 3 hours.

This is messing with my log so I can't trace other problems that I have with my server.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be happening?
-----
Magrao

Server: America Feudal

Fferragi

Re: Could not write to socket

Post by Fferragi » 05 Apr 2018, 21:03

For future reference if anyone has this same problem.

I've found out that this has to do with Telnet configuration.

From Tangent_Turner at post104082/?hilit=WSAEWOULDBLOCK#p104082

BlueFang's Overseer panel is more of a read-only server console.
I've never been able to get it to recognize any of my commands.

You will not be able to send server commands from the [Ctrl + `] console available on the game.

The only way I've been able to send commands to my server on BlueFang has been through enabling the telnet connection option in
main.cs

by adding
CODE: SELECT ALL
telnetSetParameters(4000, "edit-password", "read-onlypassword");

You will be able to connect via telnet and send commands.
A common telnet client is "PuTTY" if you want to give it a try.
You just tell it to connect to IP / Port
And then your server will prompt you for a password
(assuming you've restarted since adding that code)

WARNING: I've had my server crash using this telnet line of code. There might be some sort of memory leak while using it.

My server kept throwing WSAEWOULDBLOCK error messages to the log file, which eventually caused RAM usage to max out, killing the server.

Which is either BlueFang's software blocking the connection sometimes, connection timeouts/disconnects not being handled properly. Or one of a multitude of a million other issues.

I've disabled this line of code, and don't use it at the moment because of that crash and multitude of error messages.
I haven't had an issues with it since disabling it.

I actually don't have an option to disable it, so probably I'll have to learn to live with it for a while until devs take a look at it.
-----
Magrao

Server: America Feudal

Return to Private Servers