Server Transfer

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

SnakeWarlord
True Believer

Server Transfer

Post by SnakeWarlord » 15 Jan 2018, 18:10

With the changes to servers I as well as many others i know, i'm sure many of you also feel this has been an unfair situation that has happened ( i know many of you wont care, or will just think its QQ, if so.. don't bother reading anymore. )

We was promised a 10k pop server though due to not being able to keep to that, more servers have been created which is understandable, as many others I have been here since the release of open beta, I even booked the day off work to ensure i was there

With the RP server later being opened, as a guild leader who has RPers that was kind of a an annoyance, though being a PvE server we didn't want to make the switch as we wanted PvP-RP
Now a new server has been created and the original Avalon server has gone from the standard rule set to the PvP rule set, i believe this is unfair and due to such a change on the rule set of the server we should be given a free server transfer to move our characters to the other server
It will be crap having to terraform and build everything again, but not half as bad as having to skill up and pay for multiple characters again due the change of the original server and the new server getting the original rule set.

Croat182

Re: Server Transfer

Post by Croat182 » 15 Jan 2018, 18:59

I wholeheartedly agree with this, would be the correct thing to do in my opinion. As somebody who has spent a lot of time on YO roleplay servers, I was very much looking forward to the prospect of an RP server here on the MMO, but I must admit this has all been handled very poorly. In light of all these changes it would be fair for each player to choose which server and ruleset fits him/her most and and get one free transfer. Just because I don't enjoy the current server I am on, but so much work would be lost.

Strilan
Alpha Tester

Post by Strilan » 16 Jan 2018, 04:37

Please, consider this. I won't continue playing if this isn't the case. I've spent SO much time levelling up these toons (6 characters), and spent so much money buying the characters.

Not a week later, a new server is announced and implemented. It really isn't fair.

Baiulivus

Post by Baiulivus » 16 Jan 2018, 09:25

I too would like to voice my dissapointment at the conversion of our PvE server to a PvP ruleset without so much as an option. Please grant me the ability to move my characters that I have spent a lot of time leveling up on Avalon to the RP server so I may continue to enjoy the game I paid for. This definitely doesn't fill me with the urge to pay for a subscription.

Abigor.play
Zealous Believer

Post by Abigor.play » 17 Jan 2018, 14:54

This needs to be considered and done.

One thing that there was added new server ~2 weeks after launch without any prior information.

Another thing is that you change the ruleset on the original server when by logic it should have been the standard one.

Please don't consider this as just QQing, people want to pvp everyday - they have their original server, they did not loose anything. People who are ingame on more of a crafting side would like to continue playing with standard rules, especially as many do not have time to be online most of the JHs. After spending 2-3 month of grinding and raising skills I do not see anyone starting anew on another server, it's already will be a challenge to rebuild everything, but at least people will enjoy the game with a ruleset they want to have.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 17 Jan 2018, 17:13

The Avalon server just like the Buyan server have always been the "standard" rule set which is PVP centered.

The original setup for the servers was going to be.

-Instance Battles

-Sieges Battles

-Judgement Hour once a day every day for one hour at prime time for that server, personal claims were also subject to attack during this time.

-No restrictions on Open World PVP, if you could jump, climb or make a ladder to get over it, you could do it.

All of these things were the original server rules. There was no "PVE" server planned. No RP server planned. Just 2 servers, a North American server and a European Server.

So please stop crying about the servers sudden change is rules.

I understand the want for character transfers to new servers. I could get that. If you could pay 10 bucks to get another ticket just to go to another server because the one you are on is crap because of what ever reason.... sure whatever. But free transfers, uh negative.

Honestly just stay on the server you are on, and try and make it better. Take a day dig up stumps, burn down Chinese huts, fill in terraformed trash left by those who have rage quit.

Yes I know... work to make a better world.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Abigor.play
Zealous Believer

Post by Abigor.play » 17 Jan 2018, 17:36

There was no "PVE" server planned. No RP server planned.

And yet now we have RP, PvE and PvP servers, point is, if people want to RP or not go into PvP too much they will choose new servers, I like occasional PvP, I do not want a server without it, but if you try to grow a guild focused on RP or PvE + casual PvP, you will not get any new people on Avalon.

I understand the want for character transfers to new servers. I could get that. If you could pay 10 bucks to get another ticket just to go to another server because the one you are on is crap because of what ever reason.... sure whatever. But free transfers, uh negative.

If I could pay/use ticket to transfer to another server, I would do that, I honestly have no problems paying for the transfer, I do not want to spend another 2 months grinding all the skills up again - thus, I would like to see option of transfer not just creating new character.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 17 Jan 2018, 18:25

Abigor.play wrote:
There was no "PVE" server planned. No RP server planned.

And yet now we have RP, PvE and PvP servers, point is, if people want to RP or not go into PvP too much they will choose new servers, I like occasional PvP, I do not want a server without it, but if you try to grow a guild focused on RP or PvE + casual PvP, you will not get any new people on Avalon.

I can understand this, but the same token, if you dont try you wont know.

I dont RP much anymore but at one point in my life I did, and I used to PVP, so I know the two are not mutually exclusive. I dont understand why RPers have jumped on this "carebear" mantle. Correction, some RPers.

Honestly I think the idea of adding 3 more dead on arrival servers is not going to help anything. If the developers just dedicated the time, money and effort to bolster, fix and improve the current servers they would find the player base would grow and expand on its own. THEN you add a new server cluster... call it an expansion continent, it will be LINKED to the main continent, but it will be a way to spread the population and lower the load on the server. Without cheating your players out of the work and effort they have put in their current characters.

BUT again, here I go making sense.

Roflknife

Post by Roflknife » 18 Jan 2018, 02:26

Hodo, have you ever thought of those who join a game without reading through the forum depths?

Of someone who uses the information the game bluntly gives to him as in "advertises?"

Ever thought of those that joined the Avalon server because it was advertised as it was before it became a PvP server?

The core-playerbase of this game has been latched onto this game very, very tightly.
They might take that to be "okay" as plenty of them have the information which you do and have an almost undying loyalty to the game.

The problem is that this game and its community take that behaviour and knowledge for granted and generally applyable to every new player as well - which just isnt the case.

Ask yourself this:
If you were the developer, how would you handle taking payments for the ticket-system you implemented?
Certainly by advertising it correctly. You'll need to be clear at all times.
You know your customers will make permanent payments for a certain kind of server and don't expect them to be suddenly void.
You know that you'll have to give out servertransfers if something drastically happens to their chosen servers.

The PvP community was outraged, because they suddenly had to pay for a new ticket and abandon the server.
So the developers changed their plans last minute.
The developers initially didnt want to go that way and those guys would have been screwed in the exact same fashion at that point and you know that.
So the same argument counts for the other side.

If anything its a mistreatment in any case.

The fact that the developers earn money in the short-term with this move certainly doesnt help persuade them.

SnakeWarlord
True Believer

Post by SnakeWarlord » 18 Jan 2018, 16:07

Hodo wrote:The Avalon server just like the Buyan server have always been the "standard" rule set which is PVP centered.

Did you actually read my post? I never said i wanted a PvE server, that is the exact reason i never joined the RP server on launch of that.

Exactly, the Avalon was the STANDARD RULE SET which includes PvP, but they changed that with the new server being added, Avalon is now the PvP Rule Set, which is unfair to the group who doesn't want that...
Just as it would be unfair for the ones who do want that.
Either way one group would have to change server for the desired server setting they wanted.
Though especially as Avalon was the Standard Rule Set but now its not.

Hence why they should give out a Server Transfer to those who don't wish to play on the PvP Rule Set.
It is the most fair and just thing to do, considering people like myself have spent the money on backing the game over to be screwed over by the change of the server rules to what we don't want.

Hodo wrote:Honestly I think the idea of adding 3 more dead on arrival servers is not going to help anything.

Who suggested that? We have 3 servers now, PvP, Standard and RP, all we want is a transfer away from the PvP Rule Set server due it being the Standard Rule Set we joined, we arent asking them to add 3 more servers :%)

Hodo wrote:BUT again, here I go making sense.

Someone is very delusional, it shows you're new to this game.
Back on LiF:YO the servers held 70 players, the mmo is made up of 49 LiF servers linked, the Devs have done an impressive job making it as stable as it currently is.
Though you will be unaware as you wasn't here, the game had almost a population of 3.5k players online 24/7 on Avalon which as of this post we don't even hit that mark across all the Eu servers

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Jan 2018, 18:55

SnakeWarlord wrote:
Hodo wrote:BUT again, here I go making sense.

Someone is very delusional, it shows you're new to this game.
Back on LiF:YO the servers held 70 players, the mmo is made up of 49 LiF servers linked, the Devs have done an impressive job making it as stable as it currently is.
Though you will be unaware as you wasn't here, the game had almost a population of 3.5k players online 24/7 on Avalon which as of this post we don't even hit that mark across all the Eu servers

Oh.... that insult... LOL nice try son. It's like someone saying "Do you even lift bro!?"

Seeing as I have been playing since CBT4, and following this game since day 1 of this website, and before...

And as far as I know YO couldnt hold 70 players, 64 was the limit, or is the limit. Never played YO because I refused to pay for something I did not want. Even told Bobik that when he came out with YO and shelved the MMO what 4 years ago.

Now if you read my post you would see that I responded to your post.

You complained that you did not sign up to be on the "PVP" server... yet Avalon is listed as the PVP server, when in fact it has the ORIGINAL rule set that Bobik himself came up with years ago for this game. 1 Judgement Hour PER day, every day, 7 days a week, no safe zones. Your personal claims, would be subject to JH also.

This wasnt on the forums, it was on the FAQ on the main page. If you bought a game and didnt read the FAQ, then you are an idiot, and I have beech front property in Fairbanks Alaska I can sell you. Has a great view of the South Pacific and Sarah Palins house. :crazy:

The Buyan server is setup IDENTICAL to the Avalon server, and I dont see any major issues there, aside from cheap hardware, shoddy network coding, and more lose ends in the code than on the United States battle flag from the War of 1812.

Adding a character transfer token to game, would be, unbalancing and adding additional work for a dev team already stretched thin. So no need to add something that is only going to cause MORE issues than it will solve.

SnakeWarlord
True Believer

Post by SnakeWarlord » 24 Jan 2018, 10:00

Hodo wrote:You complained that you did not sign up to be on the "PVP" server... yet Avalon is listed as the PVP server, when in fact it has the ORIGINAL rule set that Bobik himself came up with years ago for this game. 1 Judgement Hour PER day, every day, 7 days a week, no safe zones. Your personal claims, would be subject to JH also.

That is correct it has always been a pvp server... though please actually pay attention :/
It was the Standard rule set.
That has now changed.
What cant you understand about that?
The Standard rule set involves JH for 1 hour yes.
PvP rule set has JH for 2 hours. which just so happens to be the two hours i am able to get on in the evening.
I didn't complain about not signing up to the pvp server, i always stated rule set because this is a pvp game is it not? Just the rule set defines the server.
Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if i was able to play the game outside of JH as well, though it seems i don't have as much free time as some people.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 24 Jan 2018, 14:39

SnakeWarlord wrote:
Hodo wrote:You complained that you did not sign up to be on the "PVP" server... yet Avalon is listed as the PVP server, when in fact it has the ORIGINAL rule set that Bobik himself came up with years ago for this game. 1 Judgement Hour PER day, every day, 7 days a week, no safe zones. Your personal claims, would be subject to JH also.

That is correct it has always been a pvp server... though please actually pay attention :/
That has now changed.
PvP rule set has JH for 2 hours. which just so happens to be the two hours i am able to get on in the evening.
I didn't complain about not signing up to the pvp server, i always stated rule set because this is a pvp game is it not? Just the rule set defines the server.
Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if i was able to play the game outside of JH as well, though it seems i don't have as much free time as some people.

Again pay attention to what I said.
1 JH PER DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK, 52 WEEKS A YEAR.

That is what the original JH schedule was going to be. The OBT started with 1 JH Per week, not per day.

Not 1 JH for 2 hours, 3 times a week. But yes 1 hour every day same time of day, all week long.

SnakeWarlord
True Believer

Post by SnakeWarlord » 28 Jan 2018, 18:02

Hodo wrote:
SnakeWarlord wrote:

That has now changed.

Again pay attention to what I said.
1 JH PER DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK, 52 WEEKS A YEAR.

That is what the original JH schedule was going to be. The OBT started with 1 JH Per week, not per day.

Not 1 JH for 2 hours, 3 times a week. But yes 1 hour every day same time of day, all week long.

You seem to quote my message and claim i don't read yours?
Notice how in the message you quoted of mine i never actually mentioned days did i?
I only state the length of a judgement hour
That is right, i only actually mention the time, not the amount of days, just the duration of a single one.
Please stop replying with such ridiculous crap when you aren't even paying attention.

You're correct its a JH daily. yes well done sir.
Once again though, was it not just the duration i mentioned? :beer:

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 03 Apr 2018, 07:33

Hodo wrote:I understand the want for character transfers to new servers. I could get that. If you could pay 10 bucks to get another ticket just to go to another server because the one you are on is crap because of what ever reason.... sure whatever. But free transfers, uh negative.

Well people will just leave the game then. Right now if you paid for your 5-6 toons on one server, stopped enjoying it after a while and want to try a different ruleset, not only you have to start over, but also things that you paid for (those 5-6 characters) become useless. Most people just won't bother and quit the game. And it's not like this game is doing well population-wise as it is.

And now they are opening CIS server, standard ruleset. So, i can just forget about all the money, go there and hope it will change to PvP ruleset and gain *some* population (not 200 it got now), probably i'll have to wait some months for that to happen so i'll probably buy more tickets there. If standard ruleset stays or population never rises i'll have to pay *again* to go to Avalon and keep enjoying the game.

Or i can go to Avalon and suddenly after a few months i discover that CIS server is doing well, got a PvP ruleset and like 800 people. Again i have to pay to enjoy the game. All in addition to what i paid for the game itself, monthly subscriptions, and ridiculously overprised skins.

If this is not a predatory marketing i don't know what is.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

NimRodelle

Post by NimRodelle » 06 Apr 2018, 15:17

+1 Paid transfers ($5 maybe?)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas