This Game is a Mass of Frustrating "Quit and Walk away" Points

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sunleader

This Game is a Mass of Frustrating "Quit and Walk away" Points

Post by Sunleader » 10 Apr 2018, 11:40

Been checking this Game out for a while now.
And Seriously. This Game is an Incredible mess of Dead Ends and Stonewalls.
I wonder if the Design Target of this Game is to make as many Players as possible Quit out of Frustration as fast as possible.

And I am not Talking about the Bugs, Missing Tool Tips, Missing Explanations and Horrible Clunky UI etc etc. Which can be Explained by this being Early Access.

This Game is too dependent on having a Large Group.
Being Solo is not even an Option because you cant even get Basic Tools and Stuff.
The Idea might be to have Players Trade for it.
But there is barely anyone to Trade. And the few who could Trade are not Interested in Trading with anyone except Guild Members and Allies.
This results in alot of Players Quitting short after Joining because they simply did not Join a Guild.
Regardless of that being due to not being Recruited or not Wishing to Join a Guild being irrelevant.

Its fine the Game being based around Groups even if that will Cut your Potential Playerbase by more than Half.
But it has to be Possible to at least reach lower levels with Small Groups.
If a Small Group cant even really get Weapons and Armor to Offer themselves as Sellswords then there is no meaning to anything but Large Guilds Playing this.

This Games Spawning of New Players is a Catastrophe.
Heck one of my Characters Spawned in the Snow up in the Mountain. It took 2 Hours just to somehow find a way over the Mountain to get into an area where I could get Food.
Then another 2 Hours to get to Camp.
The Random Coast Spawn is a Frustrating and severs absolutely no Purpose.
Since you also need to Build a Shack at minimum to Respawn at an Location.
You get an absolute Trap for New Players thats makes alot of People Quit before even Starting the Game.

Seriously. Either Spawn all Players in the Capitol.
Or offer Players to Spawn in a Selected Tile of the Map.

The Skill Tree is incredible Badly tought out.
Many Skills are very Badly Designed.
They need Single Actions to be Leveled and require an Insane amount of them.
Or they need Actions and Tools to be used that are not Available unless already having the Skills or having someone else to Provide them.
For example.
To Level Mining you need to Mine Ore.
But to actually find Ore to Mine it. You need the Mining Skill quite high.
Or like Artisan which has to be Leveled by Cutting down entire Forests because you lack any Decent other Options to level it properly.

This needs to be Adjusted and Worked on.
Skills need to make sure that they are Leveled roughly Equally.
Currently if I want to Skill Hunting. I go Fishing for some Hours while Watching Youtube Videos.
If I want to level Artisan I need to cut down an entire damn forest for no reason.
And I cant even do anything with the Wood because for that I would first need an entire Squad of other Professions from Smith to Carpenter etc etc.

Complete Dependence on Ressources even for the most Basic Needs.
In this Game there is some Ressources that simply cannot be Replaced and which are simply not Available.
One such Example is Iron.
You Forcibly need Iron to get anywhere. But Iron is extremely Rare and only Found in the few Mountains of the Map.
These Spots of Course are already long Occupied. Making it Unavailable for most other Players.
I assume this was Intended to create War Reasons and Strategical Positions.
But this is completely meaningless if those who have no Access to these Materials never really get a Chance to Fight because well. They cant actually get to the Stage before they can even Craft Fighting stuff.
You cant lead a War against a Guild in a Strategic Position to get Materials you need for War.
When to lead a War you need such Materials First.

Either make such Ressources Available in Smaller Quantities all around the Map.
Or Give Players an Option to Replace such Ressources in exchange for lower Quality.
For Example. Allow Players to Extract small Quantities of Iron ore out of Stone. This would of course be more Expensive and Time Consuming than having actual Iron Veins. But at least it would break the Stonewall.
Or simply Allow Players to use different Materials.
For example Allow Players to Create an Stone Oven with a Stone Pot instead of Metal Pot. So they dont Forcibly need Metal.
Same for Nails. WHY THE HELL do we even need Metal Nails.
In those Times having Metal Nails was an Complete Exception. For most Part you would use Wooden Nails...

Carrying and Placing Items makes no Sense.

Seriously.
Pls Issue a Simple Ground Detection Auto Position.
Allow Players to Dedicate a Tile as "Wood Deposit"
etc and allow them to Simply Pour the Stuff there. Making it Automaticly Stack up on that Pile to a Certain limit.
For example 3x3x3 Logs.

Trade is Practically Nonexistent and is Incredible onesided.
Because Trading only makes Sense if you want to Buy something.
But makes absolutely no Sense if you want to Sell something.

Anything that can be Sold to the Crown will be Sold to the Crown.
Because there is simply no Reason to Sell to Players.

Thing is. If I got a Guild and Produce the Big Stuff that would make Sense to be Sold to others.
I already have everything else anyways.
Smaller Player Groups that dont have enough People to do all Jobs and thus need to Buy things. Simply have nothing to Offer to a Bigger Group that has these things.
Because the Bigger Group already has everything the Small Group could Offer in Abundance.

Best would be to Simply have the Capitol to Buy and Sell much more items and Ressources.
In general Buying Ressources should cost Twice as much as Selling them.
So the Capitol for Example Sells a Stack of 1000 Copper Ore.
It will Demand 10 Silver Coins for it.
But if you Sell a Stack of 1000 Copper Ore to the Capitol.
It will only Pay you 5 Silver Coins.
That way Players will have a Reason to actually Offer their Stuff in the Capitol for a Price sitting somewhere in between the Sell and the Buy Price of the Crown.
Thus actually giving People a Reason to Trade. While at the same time also Preventing smaller Groups from being Stonewalled and unable to Continue the Game.

Ok. Thats all for Now. I am too lazy to Type even more despite having far more Issues I am going to type at some point...
Greetz

Arevin

Re: This Game is a Mass of Frustrating "Quit and Walk away" Points

Post by Arevin » 27 Apr 2018, 14:12

You don't understand the point of this MMO, it is designed to force players to work together to get anything meaningful done. This is not a solo game - go play WoW if you want that kind of game.

Being Solo is not even an Option because you cant even get Basic Tools and Stuff.

You can craft all the tools you need at the primitive level, if you want better tools, you have to get in a guild to have others able to provide components to make things, or make alts and have making good stuff take 5 times longer, that would be very boring.

But there is barely anyone to Trade. And the few who could Trade are not Interested in Trading with anyone except Guild Members and Allies.
This results in alot of Players Quitting short after Joining because they simply did not Join a Guild.

In no game are you trading with your enemies, that would be stupid.

But it has to be Possible to at least reach lower levels with Small Groups. If a Small Group cant even really get Weapons and Armor to Offer themselves as Sellswords then there is no meaning to anything but Large Guilds Playing this.

No games higher sellswords, mercenaries can not be trusted and don't work in any game, and won't here for sure. The US is an industrial powerhouse with weapons galore. Zimbabwe can not compete, so get with the winner or become like them. Survival of the fittest.

Heck one of my Characters Spawned in the Snow up in the Mountain. It took 2 Hours just to somehow find a way over the Mountain to get into an area where I could get Food.
You get an absolute Trap for New Players thats makes alot of People Quit before even Starting the Game.

You sound like a person that does not want a challenge.

It's actually short and simple for skills, but you don't get direct information on things to make - you have to get off your butt and read the wiki.

No game is going to hand you the best skills for nothing, you have to play the game to earn them. Guess what, you can train faster with friends and or a plan. You can't just run around expecting sp to fall from the sky.

Or they need Actions and Tools to be used that are not Available unless already having the Skills or having someone else to Provide them.

You must not like or understand trading with others, learn to use the trading market, again wiki.

For example.

Uh, you can read yes? Ore is laying on the surface of the ground, you just have to go looking for it, and dig it up with a shovel. if you want more or better ore, start digging a mining tunnel like everyone else.

Or like Artisan which has to be Leveled by Cutting down entire Forests because you lack any Decent other Options to level it properly.

You're just doing it wrong. If you are playing solo, you are lacking good food to give you skill point bonus while you work, if you are not in a guild, you also don't have access to Luck Jewelry or better gear to help you get sp faster. Stop trying to cut down forests, you don't need that much wood to start crafting simple structures to make food.

Currently if I want to Skill Hunting. I go Fishing for some Hours while Watching Youtube Videos.

Omg, you want to afk play the game, that is your problem. Go do active hunting, you get more exp from hunting animals, making and placing snares. Fishing gives you crap sp, but it's the only afk way to do it, so suffer if you don't want to actually play the game.

If I want to level Artisan I need to cut down an entire damn forest for no reason.
And I cant even do anything with the Wood because for that I would first need an entire Squad of other Professions from Smith to Carpenter etc etc.

What? The logs you get from cutting down trees can be stacked and stored for later, they never decay. After you get a log, you can turn it into boards, billets, or building logs, depending on what you need. There are tons of things to make with wood even at the early levels, but remember, you can not do every skill, there is a skill point cap, so you have to plan and think about what you are doing.

In this Game there is some Ressources that simply cannot be Replaced and which are simply not Available.

People don't live in the mountains - there is no food there, no fertile soil, so they set up a mining camp base, that is it. There is so much empty space in the mountains, if you can't find a spot, you are blind.

It does, because the game is based on square tiles. You have a wide range of options of how and where to place objects.

Overall, you don't seem to understand what kind of game this is meant to be, a feudal aged survival game, it's not a RPG like WoW, so you are going to be continually disappointed.

Get integrated, do your homework, join a guild, and start enjoying the game. It is not meant for solo super heroes.
Now is the time for all good American men and women to rise to the defense of our country, Trump has become a clear and present danger to the nation. :evil:

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 28 Apr 2018, 11:06

Araevin wrote:1.
You don't understand the point of this MMO, it is designed to force players to work together to get anything meaningful done. This is not a solo game - go play WoW if you want that kind of game.

You can craft all the tools you need at the primitive level, if you want better tools, you have to get in a guild to have others able to provide components to make things, or make alts and have making good stuff take 5 times longer, that would be very boring.

In no game are you trading with your enemies, that would be stupid.

But it has to be Possible to at least reach lower levels with Small Groups. If a Small Group cant even really get Weapons and Armor to Offer themselves as Sellswords then there is no meaning to anything but Large Guilds Playing this.

No games higher sellswords, mercenaries can not be trusted and don't work in any game, and won't here for sure. The US is an industrial powerhouse with weapons galore. Zimbabwe can not compete, so get with the winner or become like them. Survival of the fittest.

You sound like a person that does not want a challenge.

It's actually short and simple for skills, but you don't get direct information on things to make - you have to get off your butt and read the wiki.

No game is going to hand you the best skills for nothing, you have to play the game to earn them. Guess what, you can train faster with friends and or a plan. You can't just run around expecting sp to fall from the sky.

You must not like or understand trading with others, learn to use the trading market, again wiki.

For example.

Uh, you can read yes? Ore is laying on the surface of the ground, you just have to go looking for it, and dig it up with a shovel. if you want more or better ore, start digging a mining tunnel like everyone else.

You're just doing it wrong. If you are playing solo, you are lacking good food to give you skill point bonus while you work, if you are not in a guild, you also don't have access to Luck Jewelry or better gear to help you get sp faster. Stop trying to cut down forests, you don't need that much wood to start crafting simple structures to make food.

Omg, you want to afk play the game, that is your problem. Go do active hunting, you get more exp from hunting animals, making and placing snares. Fishing gives you crap sp, but it's the only afk way to do it, so suffer if you don't want to actually play the game.

What? The logs you get from cutting down trees can be stacked and stored for later, they never decay. After you get a log, you can turn it into boards, billets, or building logs, depending on what you need. There are tons of things to make with wood even at the early levels, but remember, you can not do every skill, there is a skill point cap, so you have to plan and think about what you are doing.

People don't live in the mountains - there is no food there, no fertile soil, so they set up a mining camp base, that is it. There is so much empty space in the mountains, if you can't find a spot, you are blind.

It does, because the game is based on square tiles. You have a wide range of options of how and where to place objects.

Overall, you don't seem to understand what kind of game this is meant to be, a feudal aged survival game, it's not a RPG like WoW, so you are going to be continually disappointed.

Get integrated, do your homework, join a guild, and start enjoying the game. It is not meant for solo super heroes.

There needs to be a Limit to Everything.
If you Enforce a Level of Cooperation where People can still Play Independently but need others to also Play and either Trade or Work together with them. This will already result in you losing alot of Players.
But this Game is going further. In this Game alot of Times if you dont have several others Online. You simply cannot really Play anymore. Thus Dropping the Game unless there is several People there to Play with you.
And this often results in Players at some Point simply dropping the Game forever.

Compared to just a Few Months ago. We already have Halfed the Playerbase. Some of that is due to the Hype which ran out.
But alot of it. Is the things I see everywhere around me. Which is Small Groups of 2-5 People at some Point simply dropping the Game. Because they cant really do anything with the Small Group they got.

Thats Bullcrab.
Sorry. But with Primitive Tools you wont get anywhere further than the same Hut that you can Build 10 Minutes into the Game.

So Basicly. Anyone who isnt in your Alliance or Guild. Is an Enemy or what ?
Trade in Reality is done mostly with Neutral Factions.
These aint Enemies. They aint Allies either.
They are Neutral.
But in this Game Trade barely Exists.

Thats Bullcrab as well.
Mercenaries are Highly Reliable and will often be used by Guilds in Games given that there is a proper System for it.
The Reason for that is Extremely Simple.
An Actual Mercenary Guild. Will be Incredible Reliable for the Simple Reason that if they Betray their Employer just One Time. Nobody will Hire them again.
Just for your Info. Most of the Larger Wars in EVE Online as well as other Sandbox Games likes Wurm or Mortal Online or the Oldies like Tibia and Ultima. Had Mercenaries.
Hell in alot of Wars where I fought in Hardcore Sandbox Games. We often Fought entirely against or with Mercenary Forces.
And we have never even once been Betrayed or had the Enemy Mercenaries Switch Sides.
Because again.
Would you Hire Guilds from a Mercenary Guild which had Betrayed their Contract before ? :)

And you Sound like a Typical Fanboy who will Defend and anything and everything no matter how Idiotic it is.

Bullcrab again.
Learn Reading. The Reason why the Skill Tree is badly tought out. Had nothing to do with knowing how it works.
There is simply absolutely no Sense in having a Potter become a Smith.
Neither is there any sense in a Farmer being a Forester.
A Hunter being a Weaver is complete Idiocy as well.

For your Info.
Farmers usually worked the Fields and the Stables and Coops.
Hunters would often have the Skills for Slaughter and Tanning. And it would also be the Hunters which usually took care of the Forest.
Weavers and Tailors were a damn Craft. Just like Carpentry.
Carpenters would usually not Build Bows for Heavens Sake. They would be working in Construction usually.

Except. There is no Tools Traded.
See Mate. This is the Funny part in this.
Tools do not bring enough Money to be Worth Selling them.
Because at the price where Selling em makes Sense. Nobody will Buy them. And at the price where People would buy them. Its not making sense to Sell them.

Actually it doesnt.
Its usually hidden in Stone Walls and Mountains.
And sure you can just Randomly walk around the Mountain and look for Rocks that Drop Iron when Mined.
But Sorry that makes little to no Sense.
Thats what you call Bad Design.

Mate. Even a Guild will not get Good Food.
Cooking is Tier 4 Skill.
And it Requires a Tier 4 Smith. As well as several other High Tiered and High Skilled Professions already Grinded out to Produce anything on the Quality of even getting 2.0 Food Factors.

Of course Noobs like you dont realize this.
You likely Joined a Guild. And thus Profited from the Players which already Grinded for 500 Hours to get all these Skills. So your Grind would be just 50 Hours thanks to Factor 4 Food.
Thing is. They did not have this themselves.
And even a New Guild of 50 People. Will be doing its Grinding on Factor 1.5 Food at best. Because before they got all the High level Skills they aint going to Produce High level Food.

Wow ok.
YOU ARE a Deaf and Blind Fanboy arent you.
I am complaining about the Idiotic Differences here Mate.
Hunting = Too Easy
Because Hunting is basicly AFK leveling.
Consturction = Too Hard
Because you have to frigging Build an Entire Damn City just to be able to Build a Proper House.

Mate.
One tree Felled. Gives about 0.03 Points. Between 30 and 60.
Assuming Food Factor of 1.0-1.5
So 1000 Trees. :)
Pls show me how you Store 1000 Logs for later.
Have Fun.

Actually. Looking at the Map.
Pretty much ALL GUILDS are Set Up Right in the Mountains.
So yeah.
Sorry Fanboy. But pls stay realistic.

No it does not.
No Offense. But many Items should not be able to be Stacked into the Air anyways.
And this Systems makes absolutely no Sense.

Also. Sorry that I hurt your Fanboy Feelings by daring to Critisize your beloved holy grail.
Unfortunately. I never Played World of Warcraft. And I am not for Themepark Games at all.
Thing is Mate.
There is a Difference Between Difficulty Levels and Frustrations Levels.
Dark Souls is Difficult. Dark Souls is a Challenge.
This Game here. Is not Challenging. Its not even Hardcore.
Its simply Frustratingly Boring as it requires idiotic amounts of Grind and People to get anywhere.

Greendalli

Post by Greendalli » 03 May 2018, 15:22

To the OP...

You cant really have both worlds.. If you want this game to be about large guilds.. then you cant build a structure for solo players or you risk the entire community being solo players and thus you've failed in your goal of making this a Community oriented type of game. You can always join a guild and leave the guild at your leisure which is more realistic then one individual character having every skill set which would kill the guild structure.. Personally this game is weeding out the less dedicated and bringing out the stronger players allowing them to shine for their skills.

Yes those cooks had to grind to get high level food. But that is a huge benefit when recruiting new players and is pretty well thought out..

From a realistic perspective... if you were offered to live in a community that serves five star quality food.. Or the place that serves 1 star quality food.. You would probably choose the community with the better quality..

1st world country vs 3rd world country.. the brilliance of this game is a really well thought out big picture.. The game has technical flaws but the overall theory is very well thought out.. And ill give the technical issues a pass because i signed up for a BETA..

My recommendation to you would be to figure out what you like to do in the game.. and find players who you can work with and for me that took 3 or 4 guilds.. but now i know several people in different parts of the world who i can trade with or ask for backup in fights. To be honest with you.. your better off mastering one craft then trying to do it all because that will frustrate the hell out of anyone and you typically wont have a mastered skill which is more important then being average at multiple skills.

Find a guild or your just doing it wrong...

I understand the game may not be exactly what you thought but it is more realistic then not in most cases.

Yuri319591

Post by Yuri319591 » 08 May 2018, 10:59

You need to adjust mate, when you see that pretty much nobody likes this kind of fucking playstyle but a few crazies that are still roaming the forums defending it.
Then you need to change your game cuz the ideea isnt working.
You wont find anyone sensible here OP, most of the guys left on these forums are the last remaining tryhards that are fine with this mess.
You find them in every game, even if a game was a toilet flushing simulator, there would still be people to love that.
Other then that i completely agree with what you say OP. I also said it.
Specially in my reviews.

Good luck playing with 100 players very soon spread across 6 servers.

Krlitozglz

Post by Krlitozglz » 13 May 2018, 16:26

I think you guys have joined the wrong game. I dont recall people being able to do everything themselves in medieval times.
Go back and read the description. This is not a carebear game.

Jacques_de_Molay

Post by Jacques_de_Molay » 13 May 2018, 19:41

"Poorly thought through" is the trade mark of bitbox.

They got a few things right ( their art team is quite good )

But they are unable to create good game mechanics, more over, any attempt to help is taken rather with irritation.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 14 May 2018, 05:44

Guys no Offense.
But did you guys actually Read my Post ?

Join a Guild ?
You cant do everything yourself ?

Sorry.
But would you mind pointing out where I demanded that I should be able to do everything myself ?
Would you mind pointing out where I demanded that I can get everything as Solo ?

Sorry Guys.
But Seriously.
If you want to be White Knights and Defend the Game.
Do yourself a Favor and at least Read beyond the First Sentence.

Your Posts right now are not even worth answering.
Because they completely and entirely Fail the Point of my Post.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 16 May 2018, 19:47

It's funny the number of people who just did not read the original post, or failed to understand it.

I read through it and admit I did not put a whole lot of thought into some of the suggestions.

But the ones that did stick out to me was the idea of a wood pile tile... I mean we can walk up and dump iron ore, copper ore, silver ore, or even gold. And it turns that tile into an ore pile. Yet we cant do that with logs?

The nails thing... historically nails were made from iron, copper, bronze, and even tin. Most REAL structures during this time period actually didnt use iron nails, they were expensive, they used wood studs, or copper/bronze nails.

There is very little this game does well currently.
The things it does do, it does brutally well. The idea of having to live in a community to thrive is one of those things. But unfortunately there is no real established way to make that happen.

Now that my guild has pretty much fallen apart due to the Chin Invasion, and the flood of exploiters that brought. (and even they left the game in droves after they realized no money can be made off of it)

I have considered coming back and getting other disgruntled former "hardcore" players and just forming a small village, with NO guild stone and just putting a bunch of personal claims near each other and living that way.

But I doubt that could happen with all of the ruins, and half built terraformed projects everywhere. And with the few Chinese still around who are big into just griefing the hell out of anyone trying to actually play the game. And Bitboxes ineptitude at actually fixing exploits or glaring bugs. I dont think I could get many people to even give this game a second look.

In short, Bitbox burned their one chance... and this game is on a spiral to oblivion... and I dont mean the successful Elder Scrolls game.

Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Jacques_de_Molay

Post by Jacques_de_Molay » 18 May 2018, 19:27

we are waiting for may patch, as last hope.
Logging in probably just because we have great bunch of people.
And some need something built.

===============================
US contingent, Avalon Server, Knights Templars.
https://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/kingdom-of-jerusalem-t25121/

Malkbeth

Post by Malkbeth » 29 May 2018, 11:34

I play alone, I made 5 toons, paid for it so I feel that I do my part to support the game. I can build and do whatever I want. I enjoy hunting for fun, got high quality everything...

So join a guild or make 4-5 toons.

I tried to join guilds but didn't like the peoples, a lot of far right people thinking about themselve first instead of the whole guild and it's not my thing.

So instead of shit posting my frustrations, I choosed that way of playing the game and maybe someday I will find the right guild for me. Im friend with near guilds, trading and chating with them and it's fine.

This game isn't mean to be a solo game, so if you want to be solo, make you own team. Build their skills and enjoy. You must be patient though, reasearch on the web and THINK the best way to do something. As, the must important thing in the game isn't mines, armors, weapons but food quality. So the smart thing to find high quality fertile dirt, make a farmer as first toon, second blacksmith, and on and on. It's not hard, just study and think before training a skill for hours. Quatliy quality quality is the key.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 24 Jun 2018, 21:56

Malkbeth wrote:I play alone, I made 5 toons, paid for it so I feel that I do my part to support the game. I can build and do whatever I want. I enjoy hunting for fun, got high quality everything...

So join a guild or make 4-5 toons.

I tried to join guilds but didn't like the peoples, a lot of far right people thinking about themselve first instead of the whole guild and it's not my thing.

So instead of shit posting my frustrations, I choosed that way of playing the game and maybe someday I will find the right guild for me. Im friend with near guilds, trading and chating with them and it's fine.

This game isn't mean to be a solo game, so if you want to be solo, make you own team. Build their skills and enjoy. You must be patient though, reasearch on the web and THINK the best way to do something. As, the must important thing in the game isn't mines, armors, weapons but food quality. So the smart thing to find high quality fertile dirt, make a farmer as first toon, second blacksmith, and on and on. It's not hard, just study and think before training a skill for hours. Quatliy quality quality is the key.

So you paid over 50 bucks for 5 toons, to do things on your own in a MMO?

I guess you missed the point of the Massively Multi-player Online part......... :fool:

MarcusBaddius

Post by MarcusBaddius » 19 Aug 2018, 00:59

I can agree with you on some of things you mentioned. I quit the game awhile back and just check in about once a month to see if they update the game and make it worth while to return.

1. You only need about 3 to 4 people to play the game really. You need a cook, a tailor, a builder/carpenter, and a blacksmith. You might not reach the top end, unless you are hard core, but you can play just fine. I played solo with 3 characters and managed just fine on my own for the most part. I had some help from local guilds just with building.

2. I agree with you on the spawning on the edge of the map is crap and all new players should spawn in the capital. I would have done the capital completely different as well. I would of made players pay to rent a home, like a private claim but you only get the house. I would create crafting items, like forges or camp fires, that you could place in a house, allowing new players to get started leveling skills while deciding what to do next.

3. I do not agree with the skill tree either. Farmers tended to the animals as well. That is all I will say about that.

4. Iron was easy for me to find. People poured it on the ground ever where looking for regional iron. It is a realistic-ish game. Of course you are going to be resource dependent, but I do agree that they should add in copper nails.

5. I do love the resource pile idea. It would be nice to have an area to drop logs and stack automatically.

6. I did a lot of trading in my time playing. Many guilds can not produce everything they need all the time. You just have to get friendly with them and find what you can do for them. I breed horses for many guilds, and I stocked many items that every once in a while they would run short and come to me for them.
I do agree that the capital should sell basic items, ore, but the quality should always be 10.

My final draw with this game was when they announced that you had to be on at 9pm my time for the papacy. I have to go to bed at 7pm because I start work early, which means I can never be apart of it. Other things I hated was the fact you had to log in everyday to tend to your animals, I would like to take a break or go on vacation sometime. PvE was to easy, 2 people could farm and feed 30 people with ease, and feed them 4 ingredient food. Regional items are a terrible idea. Lack of complex crafting and reward for top end items, 4 ingredient food gives a skill multiplier but what happens when you top out? You eat apples, goodbye cook.

A.hustava
Banned

Post by A.hustava » 19 Aug 2018, 05:27

Greendalli wrote:To the OP...

You cant really have both worlds.. If you want this game to be about large guilds.. then you cant build a structure for solo players or you risk the entire community being solo players and thus you've failed in your goal of making this a Community oriented type of game. You can always join a guild and leave the guild at your leisure which is more realistic then one individual character having every skill set which would kill the guild structure.. Personally this game is weeding out the less dedicated and bringing out the stronger players allowing them to shine for their skills.

Yes those cooks had to grind to get high level food. But that is a huge benefit when recruiting new players and is pretty well thought out..

From a realistic perspective... if you were offered to live in a community that serves five star quality food.. Or the place that serves 1 star quality food.. You would probably choose the community with the better quality..

1st world country vs 3rd world country.. the brilliance of this game is a really well thought out big picture.. The game has technical flaws but the overall theory is very well thought out.. And ill give the technical issues a pass because i signed up for a BETA..

My recommendation to you would be to figure out what you like to do in the game.. and find players who you can work with and for me that took 3 or 4 guilds.. but now i know several people in different parts of the world who i can trade with or ask for backup in fights. To be honest with you.. your better off mastering one craft then trying to do it all because that will frustrate the hell out of anyone and you typically wont have a mastered skill which is more important then being average at multiple skills.

Find a guild or your just doing it wrong...

I understand the game may not be exactly what you thought but it is more realistic then not in most cases.

kinda hard to build a game for large guilds when you're only has 400 players at its peak on a server, and they are not all in just 5 guilds otherwise id understand. most guilds are about 3-5 players and that's fairly large, my guild had (keywords "had") about 10-11 players fairly active but due to bark box's being retarded. if you want to make a game based on large guilds then you cant have a average of 150 players on a entire game server and the rest only on for JH sorry kids but this game is already dead as the devs don't understand the basics of game design

A.hustava
Banned

Post by A.hustava » 19 Aug 2018, 05:34

Hodo wrote:It's funny the number of people who just did not read the original post, or failed to understand it.

I read through it and admit I did not put a whole lot of thought into some of the suggestions.

But the ones that did stick out to me was the idea of a wood pile tile... I mean we can walk up and dump iron ore, copper ore, silver ore, or even gold. And it turns that tile into an ore pile. Yet we cant do that with logs?

The nails thing... historically nails were made from iron, copper, bronze, and even tin. Most REAL structures during this time period actually didnt use iron nails, they were expensive, they used wood studs, or copper/bronze nails.

There is very little this game does well currently.
The things it does do, it does brutally well. The idea of having to live in a community to thrive is one of those things. But unfortunately there is no real established way to make that happen.

Now that my guild has pretty much fallen apart due to the Chin Invasion, and the flood of exploiters that brought. (and even they left the game in droves after they realized no money can be made off of it)

I have considered coming back and getting other disgruntled former "hardcore" players and just forming a small village, with NO guild stone and just putting a bunch of personal claims near each other and living that way.

But I doubt that could happen with all of the ruins, and half built terraformed projects everywhere. And with the few Chinese still around who are big into just griefing the hell out of anyone trying to actually play the game. And Bitboxes ineptitude at actually fixing exploits or glaring bugs. I dont think I could get many people to even give this game a second look.

In short, Bitbox burned their one chance... and this game is on a spiral to oblivion... and I dont mean the successful Elder Scrolls game.

boy your preaching to the choir on this one the devs are complete morons

Return to Feedback Section