Armor Tiers

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Moonagi

Armor Tiers

Post by Moonagi » 22 Jun 2014, 07:55

first off i hope im in the right spot for this i didnt really see a questions forum so im just asking this in general discussion. but ok so i watched a lot of vids and read a lot about this game as much as i could really and im in love with the idea of course not every game is perfect haha so i had 1 big thing that was bothering me tho that i heard in one of the videos about skills/skill caps and from what i ascertained from said video was that we could have "roles" per se they said that if we wanted to become a master at something we could we could focus our points into that but i wanna know what the benefit is? like this is mostly going to be for mining/armorsmithing the devs said they dont want metal tiers like no mythril or rune armor etc etc but say then i wanted to be a master miner/blacksmith what sets me aside from anyone else? what do i gain by being the village blacksmith? can i make armors that basic smiths cant? i think tiers of ore/armors should be in the game to make being a master stand out and would also gives some variety to the game other than just mining the same nodes of copper all the time like take this for example say i start a mining village and we have lots of mines and master blacksmiths will our armor/weapons be greater than say a fishing villages armor/weapons? so all in all im just curious as to the benefits of mastering a craft? mostly blacksmithing and what sets a master apart from a basic one and if theres armor tiers?

Arrakis

Re: Armor Tiers

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jun 2014, 11:02

First of all, no offence but it's really hard to read your post :(

Now to answer your questions, there are no armor tiers per say, but there are skill milestones that needs to be unlocked in order for you to be able to craft better armors. These milestones are usually at levels: 30/60/90/100
Unlocking better armors for crafting means providing your allies with product of higher quality, that provides better protection, and that of course will increase their military strenght.

What you surely must know is the fact, that being 'master blacksmith' and reaching lvl 100 means working hard on this profession for several months, maybe even a year, because while reaching level 90 is a matter of several weeks of active work, reaching lvl 100 is extremely hard and time consuming. But if you achieve that it surely will make you stand out in front of the others blacksmiths with less skill.

If you will be working in militarized town, then need for armors will be higher and you will have to work constantly to deliver your product to people who depend on you, and as following you will raise your skills faster. On the other hand if you will live in peaceful, fishing/farmers village you will not spend as much time on that because you probably won't have to and reaching mastery in blacksmithing will be harder or even impossible, that of course will depend on your needs and needs of your allies, it may work out in different way.

Summary:

- Achieving blacksmith mastery means -
  • Being able to craft the best armors in the game.
  • Increasing military strenght of your allies.
  • Having a title of master blacksmith.

So yeah, there are great benefits from reaching mastery in this particular skill.

Moonagi

Post by Moonagi » 22 Jun 2014, 11:09

ok yeaaa sorry for the cluster question lol but so theres no like rare ores then? they're all pretty common or?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Jun 2014, 11:26

Well copper and iron are pretty common, but there is much less of silver and gold deposits in the world.

ImageIron Ore Deposit: 2,686,160,196 m3

ImageCopper Ore Deposit: 1,585,786,189 m3

ImageSilver Ore Deposit: 17,192,576 m3

ImageGolden Ore Deposit: 8,103,766 m3

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 22 Jun 2014, 17:32

Looking at the Wiki, and the recipes for say full plate and some other armor pieces.

1) It seems that the material costs are rather low?

2) Is this to say that gathering resources is time consuming to offset this?

3) Is locating the a resource like iron ore tricky?

4) Is this still being balanced/polished?

5) Is your goal to have everyone running around with armor on?

6) As OP touched on, will there be any sort of hard to get, rare, powerful, armor or even weapon that is achievable? As we no magic isn't in the game so it seems I wont get to run around with my deadly poisoned kryss of vanquishing.

7) Titanium ore? not exactly of the period but still exist. Gold is a rare ore, but its only function in armor/weapon smithing is cosmetic. If elemental damage was in the game then maybe it would have a purpose.

8) Maybe armors or weapons with blessings on them?

9) Artifact weapons/armor? or gear from the gods? anything?

10) If there is nothing "special" about weapons and armor, or rare resources, you have solved the problem of random killings, who in there right mind would go around killing someone for some more "ordinary" armor/weapons and some dirt and branches.

11) I hope I am missing pieces to the puzzle.

12) Maybe it is being saved for content update, or future expansion.

Gormadoc

Post by Gormadoc » 08 Oct 2014, 20:11

Accoring to the number of iron, coppen, silver or gold ore...

how much m³ has the whole world?

Or in other words: how many percent does the iron ore (copper, silber, gold,...) make out of the whole world ?

Thanks a lot! :Yahoo!:

Illswyn

Post by Illswyn » 11 Oct 2014, 15:40

I'm very new still, but I have looked through the wiki to determine what is needed, etc. So, to address the questions:

1) It seems that the material costs are rather low?
2) Is this to say that gathering resources is time consuming to offset this?
3) Is locating the a resource like iron ore tricky?

Yes. The whole process, from finding ore to the actual crafting is very time consuming. There is a LOT of work to put in before you start crafting a piece of armor, and with relatively slow skill progression, likely you will need to make a lot of armor to get to where you are making 'great' armor.

4) Is this still being balanced/polished?

Of course. It's early alpha. That means everything is being balanced/polished/implemented.

5) Is your goal to have everyone running around with armor on?

From what I see, it looks more like armor will be as it was when it was being used in real life- reserved for war. Perhaps lighter armor will be worn more often by those that are limited to it.

6) As OP touched on, will there be any sort of hard to get, rare, powerful, armor or even weapon that is achievable? As we no magic isn't in the game so it seems I wont get to run around with my deadly poisoned kryss of vanquishing.

Again, I would expect the answer to be no. There is supposedly going to be a slim chance of crafting better armor, but likely, it won't be noticeable to the extent you're proposing.

7) Titanium ore? not exactly of the period but still exist. Gold is a rare ore, but its only function in armor/weapon smithing is cosmetic. If elemental damage was in the game then maybe it would have a purpose.

Gold and silver are planned to be used to make jewelry, which has an effect on Luck. I wouldn't expect there to be any use in armor or weapons. And certainly no elemental damage. The process to make titanium metal wasn't discovered until about 100 years ago, so it's far out of any time period for the game.

8) Maybe armors or weapons with blessings on them?

There is a form of blessing available, but it is on the person, not an object. This comes through the form of prayer.

9) Artifact weapons/armor? or gear from the gods? anything?

Doubtful. Where would they come from? There's no artifacts because it's an uninhabited land prior to your arrival. So, no artifacts. As for gear coming from the gods, that isn't likely. It would circumvent the whole crafting process to get something that would have to be better than could be crafted (what god would make crappy gear?)

10) If there is nothing "special" about weapons and armor, or rare resources, you have solved the problem of random killings, who in there right mind would go around killing someone for some more "ordinary" armor/weapons and some dirt and branches.

Ubiquitous gear doesn't solve random killings. Crafting is tedious. It's work. If someone would rather not spend the effort, they'll be more inclined to risk killing someone for theirs.

11) I hope I am missing pieces to the puzzle.
12) Maybe it is being saved for content update, or future expansion.

I'm not sure if you're just curious, or expecting something different than the game is designed to offer. The game in it's current form, is looking to be more like Wurm than WoW. Everything that is going to be in the game must be crafted. So combat won't be a feasible way to get gear until it's more common, after crafters have had time to set up and distribute it.

Expect conflict to come in the form of players, not creatures. At least currently, but I wouldn't expect anything outside of basic reality. It's basically WYSIWYG. Trees, water, dirt, rock, ores, animals. Gather, craft, etc. There are no NPC's, so nowhere to get player usable items without someone crafting it from basic materials.

Durgrim

Post by Durgrim » 31 Jan 2016, 10:08

Arrakis09 wrote:Well copper and iron are pretty common, but there is much less of silver and gold deposits in the world.

ImageIron Ore Deposit: 2,686,160,196 m3

ImageCopper Ore Deposit: 1,585,786,189 m3

ImageSilver Ore Deposit: 17,192,576 m3

ImageGolden Ore Deposit: 8,103,766 m3

Is this still valid info? And how much cubikmeters has one block? :)

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 31 Jan 2016, 12:18

These are the stats of the whole MMO map, not YO. But if that's what you're thinking, yes, they still are I guess. Bobik gave us those numbers around a month before the very first pre alpha MMO test ;)

Kalliades

Post by Kalliades » 31 Jan 2016, 13:47

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Vostaskus_ingot

Dont know about armour, but you can make weapons with this.

Good luck though lol.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 01 Feb 2016, 15:24

Kalliades wrote:http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Vostaskus_ingot

Good luck though lol.

I wouldn't even bother with steel , under many tests a Q100 sword does almost the same exact damage as a Q100 steel sword , so it's definitely not worth the trouble . Armor and weapons need some rebalancing in this game ..

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 02 Feb 2016, 00:03

Blackberrygoo wrote:
Kalliades wrote:http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Vostaskus_ingot

Good luck though lol.

I wouldn't even bother with steel , under many tests a Q100 sword does almost the same exact damage as a Q100 steel sword , so it's definitely not worth the trouble . Armor and weapons need some rebalancing in this game ..
That's a bit of an understatement.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 02 Feb 2016, 20:22

There's actually no point in using anything better than iron right now, as crafted items do not take into account the material that was used to make them, right now. But they should and they will (I think) in the future.

Return to General Discussion