Silver Sun Republic - Hosting: SSR LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War RP_PVP

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.
Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: Silver Sun Republic - Find Your Feudal Home

Post by Krevente » 22 Apr 2014, 23:32

We're putting up our own 7 Days to Die server with player built castles using the territorial claim system and minecraft-esque construction features. Should be a good time for some PvP with zombies on the side :D

Hitty40
Alpha Tester

Post by Hitty40 » 28 Apr 2014, 14:57

Radison,

I am interested in swearing a new house to the SSR. Can we talk over PM some time in the future?

Radison
Alpha Tester

Post by Radison » 30 Apr 2014, 23:09

Send me a PM or we can set up a meeting in Teamspeak
===|Www.Silversunrepublic.com|===

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 09 May 2014, 02:06

SSR will be hosting two LiF:YO servers. One private, RP-PvP server and one public PvP server.

If other groups want to discuss joining us on our private RP-PvP server then please let us know!

Added » 29 May 2014, 04:38

Our structure is built to allow smaller groups to claim territory and live within our borders if you already have a group of friends you want to stay together with while retaining your identity and autonomy within a representative form of government.

Working on some flashy graphics and whatnot to explain the system, but we allow claims within our 'provinces' to bring a deeper political landscape to the scene.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 04 Jun 2014, 22:26

Will anyone who asks be allowed on to the private server, or will there be some sort of screening process?
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 04 Jun 2014, 23:43

That question is partly why we're going to do two servers. One will be completely public and PvP-centric. I know you asked specifically about the private server, but that hopefully sets up my answer regarding the private setting.

The Private server is more for our own, internal use, but also for the RP community and those who are part of our alliance/kingdom.

Silver Sun Republic has always been on the cutting edge of tactics and strategy development leveraging the real world military and historically focused academics within our ranks. Part of the reason for the private server will be to adapt our growing library of tactical and strategic manuals to Life is Feudal.

As part of this push on the servers, there will be a shallow vetting process for the private server. It won't be completely public, but we won't have a locked down laundry list of hoops through which to jump. We may change the server password or host a totally separate third server for some of the weapons and tactics development, but the whole purpose of the private server is to create a close knit community environment with a list of settings that draws likeminded players together. It's not that the private server will be super secret or exclusive, it's just that I believe it would better serve those playing on it to be around others who have the same mindset. The MMO will be the place for unfettered experiences and a true test of our mettle.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 05 Jun 2014, 21:13

Maybe we should ask the RPers in the community what they'd prefer. We might see increased interest if people knew that the other people on the server had all been strictly vetted, or maybe high standards would chase them away.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Svarog

Post by Svarog » 07 Jun 2014, 12:44

Hmm , you guys certainly look like most active guild here on forums. I might be interested in joining but I dont wanna rush anything. Waiting to see how the game turns out first.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 07 Jun 2014, 15:35

The Republic is currently active in other games if you're interested in testing the waters. Do you play ESO at all?
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Svarog

Post by Svarog » 07 Jun 2014, 16:14

Sadly no , I play Guild Wars 2 and Mortal online

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 07 Jun 2014, 17:00

Dang, I haven't touched Mortal Online in a good, long while. Some of our members are getting a Darkfall Online crew back together to get into Unholy Wars.

We played Darkfall Online original until they shut down the servers before UW, but just couldn't get into the whole prowess system they came up with.

I guess we'll see how the new changes affect the game.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 10 Jun 2014, 08:10

(only if Trimani get's initiative)
Could I maybe join this as house Trimani?

Or, just normally join I guess. I kinda think the papal states looks good though.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 13 Jun 2014, 01:38

You're more than welcome to come check us out. We do allow people to start up their own Houses if they can gather together the resources and people to do so. We'll help you get your House on your feet.

We play a lot of random games right now within the community to prepare for LiF with a focus and stress on teamwork.

Lethalhand
Alpha Tester

Post by Lethalhand » 23 Jun 2014, 11:45

Hi everyone, I did my apply for your guild. I hope that you have a little place for me. I cant wait to play life is feudal with a guild with a good organisation. I love to build and farming but i always need to fight after few moments. So its really my kind of game. I can be really helpfull on many situations.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 25 Jun 2014, 04:42

Welcome aboard!

As an update, Silver Sun Republic is opening our own gaming store. Yes, that's right, our own store that sells and plays games. Everything from tabletop to board to video games on PC and console.

We'll be running LiF:YO from our own servers on a fiber optic line in our building.

Once we raise enough money with the store we'll be opening our own Gamer Bar. LiF tournaments will be just one of the events we'll be livestreaming from our dedicated Operations Center which will consist of 20 to 30 PCs all arrayed together in what we've dubbed "The Pit."

If you're ever in the El Paso area, come check us out :D

Paskiboy

Post by Paskiboy » 26 Jun 2014, 16:46

Applied on your website. Great organization.

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 26 Jun 2014, 19:06

I have played many MMO's over the years and have been with many groups, but the Republic seems to be the most driven and organized faction I have seen by far. I am very excited to dominate with them when the full game comes out. Let us rejoice as we gain more valued members to the strong Silver Sun Republic!

Lethalhand
Alpha Tester

Post by Lethalhand » 29 Jun 2014, 14:35

Just want to say hi to the newcomers.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 29 Jun 2014, 22:56

I can't register... :(
Link to Tirmani thread:

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 30 Jun 2014, 01:13

I'll try making your profile manually from the control panel and see if we can get it to work that way until I can figure out why it's not working for you.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 30 Jun 2014, 04:42

Thnx. Just Lukepop plz.

Added » 02 Jul 2014, 05:50

Military formations. Like Light cavalry with swords, shields and bows? So if fighting spearmen/berserkers they shoot them. Footmen and archers they stab and heavy cavalry they shoot and run away from.

They also dismount and can serve as light armoured swordsmen or archers!

Link to Tirmani thread:

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 03 Jul 2014, 01:41

Right on. Our military doctrine mirrors modern US Army maneuver warfare and the application of combined arms.

A single soldier can provide certain capabilities alone, sure, but when combined with others that are of a different class or weapon type then you generate a combined arms approach built on the principle of effects based operations. It's not so much the individual I'm concerned with, but what kind of effects I can get to be applied to an enemy force or the terrain.

I'm working on a series of videos mainly for internal consumption within SSR because we're working on some very high level strategy and tactics that most guilds don't even touch. A lot of this is common sense to MilitaryGamers.com bubbas, but that's because we've lived it before. But having said that, a lot of our command and control theory takes place at higher echelons in the military so even some of our veterans haven't touched a lot of what we in SSR and MG can bring to the fight.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 03 Jul 2014, 08:23

kewl!
Link to Tirmani thread:

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Post by Azerath » 05 Jul 2014, 00:31

Krevente wrote:Right on. Our military doctrine mirrors modern US Army maneuver warfare and the application of combined arms.

A single soldier can provide certain capabilities alone, sure, but when combined with others that are of a different class or weapon type then you generate a combined arms approach built on the principle of effects based operations. It's not so much the individual I'm concerned with, but what kind of effects I can get to be applied to an enemy force or the terrain.

I'm working on a series of videos mainly for internal consumption within SSR because we're working on some very high level strategy and tactics that most guilds don't even touch. A lot of this is common sense to MilitaryGamers.com bubbas, but that's because we've lived it before. But having said that, a lot of our command and control theory takes place at higher echelons in the military so even some of our veterans haven't touched a lot of what we in SSR and MG can bring to the fight.

English translation: we work together so that we can take on pretty much anything that gets thrown at us.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 05 Jul 2014, 05:14

I've been on these guys teamspeak for a few days, and they're some friendly and helpful folks. Always have tips for whatever game they're playing at the moment. I'm happy to say that I joined them as a member. Brando's lore setup is really deep, if any of you are roleplayers. Should make for a great community once LiF is up 24/7.

Lethalhand
Alpha Tester

Post by Lethalhand » 05 Jul 2014, 05:42

lol Azerath

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 06 Jul 2014, 00:50

Glad to have you join us Tophat! Hurry up and get alpha access for the next test ;)

EmyLightsaber
Alpha Tester

Post by EmyLightsaber » 06 Jul 2014, 01:49

Been playing with these folks for a bit, they're a good group to hook up with.

Lethalhand
Alpha Tester

Post by Lethalhand » 06 Jul 2014, 20:07

love your picture EmyLightsaber. Really :D

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 08 Jul 2014, 00:27

Saturday Nights are Combined Ops with MilitaryGamers.com on the TeamSpeak 3 channel. Usually kicks off around 2000 CST and goes until everyone passes out from too much booze.

We play on the Emerald server as the Terran Republic.

Come join our tank column or fly around dropping bombs on bad guys. Good times!

Return to Guild Recruitment