Development News #104 — Epleland and Buyan Events + Another Teaser!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #104 — Epleland and Buyan Events + Another Teaser!

Post by Arrakis » 18 May 2018, 17:38

Hey, Feudalists!

As you can imagine, this week has been devoted to tirelessly polishing, working on and preparing the exciting new features, which you’ll be able to check out later this month in the Major May Update.

We received lots of guesses and responses to the team member photo that we shared last week, asking what he might have been working on in that picture - so thank you a lot for that, we really appreciate our players interacting and getting involved.
He has been kind enough to share some screenshots of his work, and we are proud to show them to you:

Make sure to tell us what you think!

In the meantime, our event game master team has been busy working on new events for you to take part in. This week we’re having the first event ever on Buyan! Buyan players, save the date — https://www.facebook.com/events/240106660069434/

There is also another player-driven event on Epleland coming up this weekend
https://www.facebook.com/events/174288763286947/, and we are, of course, happy to support and promote it.

If any of you are also thinking of organizing an event and would like to have any support from us - be sure to hit us up. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

Have a great weekend, feudalists!

— The team

Jpmarquesc25

Re: Development News #104 — Epleland and Buyan Events + Another Teaser!

Post by Jpmarquesc25 » 18 May 2018, 18:00

smoke...
if ya want to avalon and skjutland get empty you r working fine. in my opinion there are too much opacity and you can see the impact on the 100 less people on each server from EU, playing this week than the last one. player that plays on a early acces want info, numbers, images, proofs of your develop. i didn't see any of them on discord/web-news, im hearing rumors from the guild leaders about the changes. there are some kind of confidencial info about the game? gm and founders have some kind of superiority behavior?

my english is poor rage me if ya like.. IDC.

Anchorite

Post by Anchorite » 19 May 2018, 04:00

Looks like tutorial island finally completed, with working educational quest and polished locations. Just a guess...

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 19 May 2018, 09:49

Plz fix bugs in YO, add market, eth.

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 19 May 2018, 10:19

Hello everyone:
Is there a date scheduled for the big update? Could you give some more information? Apparently there will be new constructions and boats. It really has me very excited, I would like to have more information. Thank you!! :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :O: :O:

Roebeck

Post by Roebeck » 19 May 2018, 12:09

looks like a new Giant Decorator's Kit and it looks awesome! I love your Art style and wish there would be a lot more npc structures on Abella. good work!
@Bitbox: Please add some ingame books and paper! So we can sent letters, share quests and write down history by our own.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 22 May 2018, 20:46

Thanks for sharing some information, however little it is :D

Here's my personal guess for the fabled and grandiose May update. This is being put together from memory based on various sources, posts, AMA and other discussions on Discord, including various conspiracy theories and dubious deducations ;)

1. Server-side optimizations : chiefly, back-end optimizations adn architecture, including elements of networking, etc.
  2. Client-side optimizations : chiefly, atmospheric/light scattering, textures, object loading.
  3. In-game console commands : removing access to most/all commands.
  4. Commerce/trading : addition of mechanics and supporting UI elements to enhancea and expand
  5. PVE : addition of various NPC/MOBs and settlements, including lore elements and props, light mechanics to support/exploit these. Possibly some new islands/land mass to accomodate that.
  6. PVP : siege mechanics implementation and enhancements to IBs (larger, better)
  7. Boats : no boats, I'm joking. This was made pretty clear, nowhere in the near future.

Feel free to chime in with what I've missed or where I erred!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Return to Development News