The Respawn on the Continent is a Killer for new Players

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sunleader

The Respawn on the Continent is a Killer for new Players

Post by Sunleader » 02 Apr 2018, 22:16

Seriously.
Pls allow Players to set a Respawn Point using something very Cheap like a Sleeping Bag.
So they can move over the Continent.

Just today you lost 3 Players because they (And I cant really argue with that) said that they aint going to waste 4-5 Hours of their Life to walk/run to the other End of the Continent before they can even start Playing.

This Running Simulator rubbish is a Gamebreaker for any New Players trying the Game.

And if you Pair it with the Fact that there is alot of Animals and RPKs that will easily Massacre a new Player without him having any Chance to Survive. You get a Situation where a new Player in essence Plays a very boring Lottery for his first few Hours in the Game.
This Lottery being that he Runs for Hours which is extremely boring. And then hopefully arrives. Cause if he gets killed on the Way and realizes he can Run again it is highly likely that he will just Ragequit and Uninstall the Game for Good.

Which is what happened to several Friends I wanted to get into the Game today.

I quote "If I want to Play a Game. I want to actually Play that Game. Not waste 4 Hours of my Life Running somewhere and then get killed and start from the beginning again"

I quote further "Not going to touch this crab game again. Its a waste of time and not worth the Space on my Harddisk."

Seriously.
There needs to be a better Option for Spawning than to just Dump New Players on a Random Spot on the Coast where they then might end up Miles away from their Friends and then have to somehow walk for Hours to get to the Settlement of their Friends.

Option A
Allow Players to Spawn on their Friends Bound House.

Option B
Allow Players to Spawn on a Bedroll that can be Crafted with Cheap Plant Fibers. So they can at least set Respawn Points on the way.

Option C
Spawn all new Players in the Capitol City and Allow Players to Life in the Capitol City at the Start. Adding a Bank, a Inn and some of the lower level Crafting Stuff and Shops to the Capitol City.
So that New Players can first Life in the Capitol City and then once they got at least basic Skills etc can leave the City to Build their own Homes and Cities.

In Any Case.
Its Paramount you do something about this.
At least one of the Guys you lost Today is anything but not a Casual Player. And if he gets this Pissed at a Game. Then I can tell that this Game wont be able to Retain even 1% of the Players Joining it.

Jgal4848

Re: The Respawn on the Continent is a Killer for new Players

Post by Jgal4848 » 02 Apr 2018, 22:58

I Tend to agree - had my son playing but he gave up when he got killed before he had set a spawn point and ended up on the other side of the continent. I had to run his toon back to our settlement myself - hours of real time - as he was no longer interested. The idea of always spawning near the Capital city would be good - means you would also have a good population of players around at the start to talk to.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 05 Apr 2018, 07:14

Unfortunately it seems the Devs dont care....

Dirac

Post by Dirac » 05 Apr 2018, 14:37

I agree, spawning on the other side of the continent is asinine in a game where you MUST work with a guild. Just allow us to chose what tile we spawn in at.

Radianceofperdition

Post by Radianceofperdition » 22 May 2018, 18:19

I agree that random beach spawn is absurd....You start the game as a shipwrecked soul washed up on the starter Isle its redundant to be shipwrecked TWICE at the very beginning of your journey.

Players use there token at the ferryman to get on a boat so that being said they should be able to chose any server tile that has a beach in it as well as the capital city in the center that is near water for those that don't have a guild/friend base to start with.

Return to Feedback Section