Small (and medium) things wishlist

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
HolyAvengerOne

Small (and medium) things wishlist

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 23 May 2018, 02:18

As the mega May update approaches, and with the core systems and critical issues likely getting some love (see my speculation in this post here), I wanted also to share with you a different type of features list.

The following is a wishlist of various smaller, mostly convenience changes and enhancements that, I think, would add a lot in terms of smoothing out gameplay without betraying the essence of the game (IMO).

• UI : add an additional arrow (different color?) representing the registered mouse movement as it occurs. Leave the current arrow there.
  • Items : add horse leashes so we can lead a horse / horsecart without riding it.
  • UI : add a field of view slider (limited)
  • Sound : add more discrete volume options for different sfx sources
  • Animations : add an option to disable head bobbing in 1st person view.
  • UI : expand on the chat system with more options to choose what chatter goes into what tab, font sizes, etc.
  • UI : remove the auto-updating "google satellite view" map, it should show a static view of the original terrain.
  • Items : add signs that can be written upon and / or emblazoned
  • UI : add shareable map markers and waypoints
  • Items : add IG books that can be crafted, written into, traded, etc.
  • Items : add more physical items dropped as visual props into the world instead of generic brown bags.
  • Graphics: add more lighting options and GUI/DX controls
  • Mechanics : make the horse/cart rides smoother by loosening up restrictions on getting braked down by the terrain mesh.
  • Models : add more / more diverse and credible horse colors and appearances.
  • UI : make the position and z-depth of all UI elements to properly save and persist (esp. the map window!!!)
  • Graphics : allow to make darker and/or tweak colors for the terrain overlays (f3 and f4 views). They are often too intense!
  • UI : adjust object auto placement so that more objects default to a position they can be dropped into (direction depth, interlocking, etc.)
  • UI : add visual indications of what animal is currently selected in coops/barns/stables for the "slaughter purposes".
  • UI : make it so the list doesn't re-sort everytime an animal is added/removed from a coops/barns/stables
  • Controls : add a second default click action and map it to another key
  • UI : add more information in objects tooltips, like # of remaining quantity and item weight.
  • UI : add an element to present polls to players upon login, so you get a better picture of the actual playing player's opinion instead of the forums/Discord.
  • UI : add an option so that items of the same quality automatically stacks when dropped in the same container.
  • UI: make it possible to custom sort/reorder the right click options on any object
  • UI : in the systems tab, allow to select which disable has not been raised spam
  • Mechanics : allow for a skill to clean/remove plants sticking out of the floors of houses, stone roads, etc.
  • UI/Controls : de-couple the close window ("esc") from cancel action ("esc"). They should be mappable separately.
  • Mechanics : allow eating/consumption on horse and seated (we can already equip).
  • UI : add a compas standalone, outside of the map (craftable?), and remove from map the static North arrow that always gets in the way ;)
  • UI : add resizable market window, select whole categories as filters
    0 hjorse boundaries on facets are easier to cross/ less stuck all the time
  • UI : add eve-style killmails! We'll make epic boards! ;)
  • UI : add more options in the in-game browser (zoom in/out, hotkeys/more control/favorites, etc.)
  • UI : add a visual "tiring out" timer in the horse tooltip... or stop vanishing horse unless you really need to in the local area :D
  • UI : changes to the way the draw/equip hotbar dynamic works as it is confusing new players a lot. Maybe bind both action to the same hotbar icon? Or make them separate skills listed in the General tab, etc.
  • Game client : stop installing all of the extra folders for other servers we never login (bloats the install by 30GB+...)
  • Items : allow tabards in pouches and bags (it's thin and thus can be folded very small, no??!)
  • UI : add new buffs to the right side of the buff bar, in such a way that they don't all move each time one activates and deactivates like : https://i.imgur.com/2kNXPdO.png vs. https://i.imgur.com/0UACeYO.png the latter makes it harder to get the tooltip to pop-up and read what's the effect.
  • UI : make it so the buff effect countdown around its edge is out of the total time from the buff's beginning, and not from the last time you logged in (i.e. my crafting powerhour always starts "full" when I either use it or login, no matter how much it has left -- whether its 1 minute or 50 minutes).
  • Controls : add hotkeys to open different carried bags (not just inventory) and/or be mapped to a hotbar (i.e. drag and drop container to hotbar to allow mapping to keyboard), and/or option to all close / open bags at once.
  • UI : add visual "slots" for bags, pouches, etc.
  • Controls : press "back" (i.e. "s" or down-arrow) to disengage the autorun while on a horse (or make it a toggle option)
  • Mechanics : allow other players / items to hitch a ride on a moving cart or horse, etc.
  • UI : allow to rename multiple times a bag
  • UI : allow for larger bag tags or limit the amount of text that can get keyed into it : https://i.imgur.com/x4c4Y7b.png
  • Models : make it so the horse harnessed to a horsecart shows the true color of that horse
  • UI : ensure all in-game UI elements and windows are uniform and behave the same way (including store, character sheet, etc.) for location, z-depth, transparency, etc.
  • UI : ensure all GUI windows are fully resizable and font size can change.
  • UI : allow to have 2 non-carried containers in range to be opened and transferred directly from one to the other
  • UI : compas UI element independent from the map (showing bearing, maybe as a minor ability/skill in "Nature")
  • UI: allow some special characters in names (ú, é, etc.)
  • UI : visual indicator shopwing whether autowalk and/or autorun are enabled
  • Items : autoequip ring in correct finger if there's already one equiped.
  • UI : ensure z-depth position is saved for all GUI windows
  • UI : make sure invisible parts of the hotbars can be clicked through, so that this is possible : https://i.imgur.com/qW8aFTF.png, https://i.imgur.com/3tOThYa.png
  • UI/Mechanics : integrate all oif Ellians mods!!

Disclaimer : the above is in now way extensive, nor does it mean I think it should be prioritized over more pressing issues, etc. It's really just stuff that could have a high ROI in terms of player satisfaction, depending how arduous they are to implement at this juncture
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Return to General Discussion