Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

What are we currently working on.

Jbaswell

Re: Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

Post by Jbaswell » 09 Jun 2018, 16:40

Devs need to calm the fears of Epeland (and presumably stoke the fires of Buyan) by telling us what the intended JH schedule is.

I assume Epeland will still be "never". (How people play like this I have no idea but w/e!)

Guesses about Buyan's JH schedule have ranged from 1 hour a night to 2 hours a night to literal 24/7 JH.

Jaxa

Post by Jaxa » 09 Jun 2018, 22:21

No private claims is bad

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 10 Jun 2018, 11:53

Jaxa wrote:No private claims is bad

They should have never existed in a first place, or been limited to area around the capital itself. They caused so much bullshit, drama and were ofc abused by bigger guilds it made ppl simply leave the game.

Soppe

Post by Soppe » 10 Jun 2018, 12:08

Say i am in a guild with 12 people. Will i be able to make another guild claim on Telmund if i already have one in Buyan, or will i have to disband the Buyan one before i make one on Telmund?

And how the flying fudge am i supposed to be able to move all the resources i have on Buyan to Telmund with this cap on how much i can move and how often i can move my characters? It's gonna take months.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 10 Jun 2018, 15:27

Very interesting features, overall. Also very glad that Buyan is going red, that's where it should have been all along.

Now, after thinking on it, I will say again what I said elsewhere : I sincerely wished that the red worlds aren't obligated / dependant on green worlds. A guild should be able to operate 100% as such, by itself, on a red server. I'm not sure what this is will _actually_ accomplish to have them rely on green. It's already enough that we'll have to deal with these guys being able to flood us. Not thrilled about that piece.

Also really wish that they wouldn't remove private claims from red world, but maybe just make them destructible somehow? That would allow for more diverse/creative gameplay types. I hope they can review that decision.

Finally, I hope we can get at least 1 week advanced notice before this goes live.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Jun 2018, 02:30

Ilja wrote:

They should have never existed in a first place, or been limited to area around the capital itself. They caused so much bullshit, drama and were ofc abused by bigger guilds it made ppl simply leave the game.

When the mechanics were first announced, several of us stated that they had to have some vulnerability, though it had to be difficult to interact with hostile intentions. Now its a complete reversal.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

RorikOneEye

Post by RorikOneEye » 11 Jun 2018, 03:33

What ? Did some one even mentioned wipes? What wipes? U dont seriously even consider wipe'n anything right?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 11 Jun 2018, 03:58

RorikOneEye wrote:What ? Did some one even mentioned wipes? What wipes? U dont seriously even consider wipe'n anything right?

People randomly raised that fright they had, so they (BitBox) felt that they should reassure them, apparently. They didn't mention it first.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

RorikOneEye

Post by RorikOneEye » 11 Jun 2018, 15:37

[/quote]
People randomly raised that fright they had, so they (BitBox) felt that they should reassure them, apparently. They didn't mention it first.[/quote]

Damn! That would get mad all of us who worked our asses off
!

Jaxa

Post by Jaxa » 11 Jun 2018, 16:40

Ilja wrote:

No private claims. Ilja now when you log in to the game you will be naked. Good luck!

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 11 Jun 2018, 17:16

If you are not allowed to enter someone else's claim on a Green server unless you are flagged "Can Enter", how do you introduce yourself to them and possibly join them? We picked up a lot of our recruits from people who just wandered up to say hello.

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 11 Jun 2018, 17:34

More generally from my previous post...

Please reconsider travel between worlds. It will change the whole character of the game:

1. PvP worlds become less hardcore because guilds can hide their crafters and farmers away on a green world to keep them safe. No longer will guilds need to worry about defending their non-combatants.

2. "PvE" worlds become PvP worlds because, even though villages can't be destroyed easily, travel in the wilderness will become deadly as bands of hardcore PvP players cruise the world slaying any soft targets who stray outside their claims.

3. Epleland, supposed to be the home of RP, becomes overrun with non-roleplayers, who just see it as a safe place to hide out.

If you must give PvP-ers a safe haven, please make that separate to PvE/RP worlds, with no travel.

I'd suggest

Red worlds - As current proposal for red worlds
Amber worlds - As current proposal for green worlds
Green worlds - Just as they are now, with no travel to or from amber and red worlds.

Of course, that's easy for me to say because I'd be playing on an Green world under that system, although personally I'd like to see RP-PvP worlds with the PvP rule set but GM moderation to enforce RP. I suspect a lot of PvPers might not want the Amber worlds and would be happy with Red and Green and no travel between them.

Above all, though, please introduce some PvE content. Bobik promised it for this update but it doesn't seem to be happening. The reason the "PvE" worlds are losing population is because there's nothing to do once you get bored with levelling up crafting skills.

JulesRitter
Zealous Believer

Post by JulesRitter » 11 Jun 2018, 23:17

Wow... I participate in Alpha, Beta, now this... My play style varies, and I have been in guilds in PVP and PVE all alone. On Avalon, I trade and do it alone... I have gold, carts, crafting stations, and tools... all on my little teeny PC. Months, years of playing this game... poof. Penalized because I play by the rules and I play smart. Make friends, allies, trade make gold the honest way, now poof... All my stuff gone. Because you know it will be looted. Can't take it with you...

Wow, I know the PVP whiners have been chomping at the bit to get a crack at these little claims and JH BS, but really? I liked being on a PVP server because there were PVP elements and I could PVE/PVP. You did not know if that other guy was going to try to kill you or trade with you... Now i get to be a poor vagabond owning what he carries (because that cart will get looted faster than cheese through a goose), a slave, or just stuck at the capitol ghost town... OH, or go to carebearland... whee... Well I suppose it will be carebearland until you make those servers PVP with no PC also.

WTF happened to "YOU DECIDE HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY""

JulesRitter
Zealous Believer

Post by JulesRitter » 11 Jun 2018, 23:51

Of course I rubber band so bad on Avalon that I cover the same territory 5 times to go anywhere.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 12 Jun 2018, 01:16

@Arrakis : when can you guys share with us what the JH schedules will be on each world? Especially for Buyan since it's changing the most.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 12 Jun 2018, 15:04

HolyAvengerOne wrote:@Arrakis : when can you guys share with us what the JH schedules will be on each world? Especially for Buyan since it's changing the most.

Updated JH schedule for all worlds can be found here: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Judgment_hour

Scorcho66

Post by Scorcho66 » 12 Jun 2018, 15:57

Arrakis wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:@Arrakis : when can you guys share with us what the JH schedules will be on each world? Especially for Buyan since it's changing the most.

Updated JH schedule for all worlds can be found here: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Judgment_hour

How do Outposts work on Epleland without JH?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 13 Jun 2018, 02:57

Arrakis wrote:

Thanks but hmm, it still says Buyan is "Standard" instead of "Red" or "PVP", and all I see is the current Buyan schedule? Aren't RED servers supposed to have "Judgment Hours here are as frequent as possible." and be "Full PvP and destruction"?

Maybe the new version of the page isn't published yet? :D :P

Scorcho66 wrote:
Arrakis wrote:

How do Outposts work on Epleland without JH?

Epleland will have JH.

Wkeller

Post by Wkeller » 13 Jun 2018, 04:11

God’s protection that will work outside of JHs and bump every player outside of the Town claim borders if this player does not have “Can enter” allowance

This could prevent players from getting to the central city if a wall of connected town claims surround it. Check the town claims on the Buyan server. One in particular on the north shore of the central city has its claim borders protruding INSIDE the central city's walls!

Being able to cross the claims during JH is no solution because it requires players to be on during short specific times that they may not be able to (work, etc.)!!!

There's also nothing to stop the guilds from building walls all over their claims creating a 'Great Wall of China' syndrome. I don't care if they do that out in the wilderness, but it should not be able to prevent access to the central city!

Scorcho66

Post by Scorcho66 » 13 Jun 2018, 11:48

HolyAvengerOne wrote: Epleland will have JH.

Where do you get this information?

Arrakis posted an updated JH schedule the post before mine where you can clearly see there's no JH for Epleland.

Also:

Arrakis wrote:Green worlds will have the same set of JH and noJH rules that are in the current version of the game,...

Which again clearly states that the current JH and noJH rules apply after the update.

So the question still stands: How do Outposts work on Epleland?
I would really like to see JH just for the outposts in Epleland.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 14 Jun 2018, 04:02

Edit : just found this Arrakis quote here red-vs-green-t44064/#p157704 so it's pretty clear:

Arrakis wrote:At the moment we are not planning on introducing JH on Epleland.

Here's nonetheless why I was saying that :

Scorcho66 wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote: Epleland will have JH.

Where do you get this information?

Arrakis posted an updated JH schedule the post before mine where you can clearly see there's no JH for Epleland.

1) The link he posted still shows the old JH timeframes on Buyan, which are supposed to change given that Buyan is going "red".

2) They said Epleland is gonna be "green", which implies JH :

Unless you have some other information, this is implied here.

Johnmacfury

Post by Johnmacfury » 14 Jun 2018, 13:53

"This is not the game you paid for."

We joined Avalon because it was an EU Server and we could do both PVE and PVP.
THEN it became a PVP Server and we lost a ton of people.
THEN they changed the JH times and we lost more.
NOW they will make Avalon a Battleground Server and we are losing the last of our PVE Guildies.
All that effort, time and money is now wasted.

Sure we can start from scratch on a Green Server but with the following ...
- Find an unpopulated spot
- Start terraforming AGAIN
- Repeat work we did before but this time without even the payout of skill progression since we maxed everything creating our home on the old server.
- Mourn the loss of our hard won Regional Resources
- and cling to a fleeting Hope that people will return.

Having put several hundred dollars into this game only to have it altered in a way that barely resembles the original AND be told to "just deal with it" reminds me of another great debacle ...
Sony Online Entertainment's raping of the Star Wars Galaxies community.

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 14 Jun 2018, 14:39

Please confirm:

Doors (warehouse doors, house doors, keep doors, etc) can be opened during JH on red servers in enemy town claims.

Someone on reddit is claiming Bobik said this.

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 14 Jun 2018, 15:47

What happened to my characters on the CIS newbie server ??? bitbox just deleted them ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Jun 2018, 00:08

Barlin wrote:What happened to my characters on the CIS newbie server ??? bitbox just deleted them ?

Characters on CIS newbie island were removed upon merging with EU, yes.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 15 Jun 2018, 04:21

Arrakis wrote:
Barlin wrote:What happened to my characters on the CIS newbie server ??? bitbox just deleted them ?

Characters on CIS newbie island were removed upon merging with EU, yes.

:shock:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 15 Jun 2018, 04:30

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Arrakis wrote:

Thanks but hmm, it still says Buyan is "Standard" instead of "Red" or "PVP", and all I see is the current Buyan schedule? Aren't RED servers supposed to have "Judgment Hours here are as frequent as possible." and be "Full PvP and destruction"?

Maybe the new version of the page isn't published yet? :D :P

@Arrakis : sorry if I missed your answer, but can you please clarify?

Scorcho66

Post by Scorcho66 » 15 Jun 2018, 23:11

HolyAvengerOne wrote:Unless you have some other information, this is implied here.

I already posted my other information which is the very first post in this thread made by Arrakis.

But just for you again:

Arrakis wrote:Green worlds will have the same set of JH and noJH rules that are in the current version of the game,...

The SAME SET of JH and NO JH rules.

Please clarify where you got any solid quote that Epleland will get a JH.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Jun 2018, 00:41

We are not planning JH on Epleland at the moment.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 16 Jun 2018, 05:03

Arrakis wrote:We are not planning JH on Epleland at the moment.

What about the schedule changes for Buyan going "full pvp"? Surely will change the JH schedule, won't it?

Return to Development News