[POLL] Red vs. Green?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

What do you think of that red vs. green concept described in the screenshot below?

Poll ended at 05 Jul 2018, 01:38

Oh YES!! I hope this comes to be!
57%
Oh NO!! Please don't!
28%
It's a hoax, dude, whatever!
15%

Total votes : 68

HolyAvengerOne

[POLL] Red vs. Green?

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 05 Jun 2018, 01:38

Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Slamzbootspike

Re: [POLL] Red vs. Green?

Post by Slamzbootspike » 05 Jun 2018, 23:23

I have gone from "Hell No" to "Tentative Yes" as I read it more closely and thought about the implications.

We are missing some details though.

e.g., I assume current servers, like Buyan, will simply become green. The green ruleset basically is the standard ruleset today with minor changes.

Red, therefore, I presume will be some brand new server we start using, with our existing green servers fueling our resources.

I guess they could make Avalon red but I think the red ruleset is a radical departure even for Avalon.

Note that as I read it, you don't go to the red server and build a castle and expensive keep and blacksmith and farms and blah blah blah. You go there for two things: slaves and that other one which I can never remember but think of as "super-manure" -- the resource that improves all resources and can only be found on red servers.

So we go to red, drop our claim, start making outposts for slaves and supermanure and fight each other for land rights because outposts effectively take up a 200 square radius so we will bump heads pretty quick I think.

I think it could work out well. It's an......interesting.....compromise.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Jun 2018, 01:20

These are interesting perspectives you bring, however I'm afraid the slaves and outpost things might not be incentive enough.

Beyond that, what really pains and saddens me is how much more artificial / fake / magical these "United Worlds" will be. I just wish they went for more complete rules and mechanics to achieve those goals.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 06 Jun 2018, 06:27

I do wonder if the red servers are really necessary. Seems like it might spread us even thinner. We now have to play two completely different worlds at the same time.

I think it'll be annoying to log in, find out the action is on the other world and have to log out and log in my other-world character and this will probably happen quite a lot, back and forth.

And outposts give green servers something they've desperately been needing: something to fight over that can't be put into town claim and made invulnerable. I think war might actually be more interesting on green than red because of this.

But the "derelicted" concept was not well explained so who knows what that'll do to green server wars.

I dunno. I feel like this plan is overly convoluted.

But anything is better than we have today. IMO people are quitting mostly because they're bored. Current server rules are way too carebear and if you understand the meta it's almost impossible to hurt you (without tremendous expense and effort).

Cold_Darkness

Post by Cold_Darkness » 06 Jun 2018, 16:09

i just hope this does not mean that epleland will get judgement hours. because that would be a huge pain in the ass.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 07 Jun 2018, 01:54

Well, it's officially official now : https://lifeisfeudal.com/First-major-update/

Overmind29

Post by Overmind29 » 13 Jun 2018, 13:26

Cold_Darkness wrote:i just hope this does not mean that epleland will get judgement hours. because that would be a huge pain in the ass.

If i understand it correctly, yes Epleland will get a JH, which is the worst idea ever... people went there because they wanted to avoid JH. It will completely kill even those remnants of RP and PvE there is.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Jun 2018, 18:45

At the moment we are not planning on introducing JH on Epleland.

Overmind29

Post by Overmind29 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:35

Arrakis wrote:At the moment we are not planning on introducing JH on Epleland.

That is actually great news. From the looks of the new feature it looked like all Green worlds will have a 1 hour JH, once a week, and that Epleland will be regular Green world.

Now i can finally sleep in peace again :Yahoo!:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 14 Jun 2018, 04:10

Thanks for the precision. It didn't seem to be that way based on the https://lifeisfeudal.com/First-major-update/ page.

Is Buyan's changing? I mean, it's supposed to be going red, right? :evil: :evil:

Cold_Darkness

Post by Cold_Darkness » 15 Jun 2018, 10:05

thank you very much for the clarification. much appreciated!

Bunce
Alpha Tester

Post by Bunce » 16 Jun 2018, 07:00

Slamzbootspike wrote:I do wonder if the red servers are really necessary. Seems like it might spread us even thinner. We now have to play two completely different worlds at the same time.

I think it'll be annoying to log in, find out the action is on the other world and have to log out and log in my other-world character and this will probably happen quite a lot, back and forth.

And outposts give green servers something they've desperately been needing: something to fight over that can't be put into town claim and made invulnerable. I think war might actually be more interesting on green than red because of this.

But the "derelicted" concept was not well explained so who knows what that'll do to green server wars.

I dunno. I feel like this plan is overly convoluted.

But anything is better than we have today. IMO people are quitting mostly because they're bored. Current server rules are way too carebear and if you understand the meta it's almost impossible to hurt you (without tremendous expense and effort).

Really? War it will be suck in green worlds like it does right now.

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 16 Jun 2018, 14:36

Even without a JH, Epleland will still not longer be viable as a PvE/RP server, simply because of the influx of PvP players using it as a base. Even though claims might be safe, bandits will overrun the world, slaying the local residents when they venture off their claims, and the world will be stripped of resources by those using them to fuel their wars on another continent. On top of that, when there are justified occasions for PvP, the original residents of Epleland will find often themselves up against fully geared hardcore PvPers rather than other people of like mind who have chosen Epleland for a different style of play.

Furthermore, the new concepts make no sense from a roleplaying perspective. It is hard to justify "in character" a world where different servers have different rules, yet a person can travel between those worlds.

I suppose it doesn't make much difference, though, as Epleland hasn't really been viable for a while. With no PvE content, there is nothing to do once you tire of building and crafting. Some time ago, in an AMA, Bobik had promised PvE content in this release but that has clearly been dropped in favour of giving PvPers somewhere to escape to when things aren't going well.

Ezerys

Post by Ezerys » 20 Jun 2018, 15:59

Green status for pve imho! Separation was a mistake! Create a server for the CIS region and make it a green - mistake!

DiddlyDale
True Believer

Post by DiddlyDale » 21 Jun 2018, 11:59

Guys if the pvp world was an actual pvp world then pvp'ers won't move to the green worlds, depending on how JH is implemented they won't go to a green world except in the case where they need gold coins, I personally wouldn't move to a green world because it would be a waste of my time.

I complain about JH not being on during the day, what could possibly make me want to be a on a server where it never happens? The worst you will get is if they make JH long and throughout the day, the people who work all day and come home to play some JH in the evening will probably move some characters over to the green worlds so they can avoid an evening of fighting.

The idea that guilds will move en-mass to green worlds to escape pvp who actually want pvp is a fallacy, just in the same way guilds on Eve don't move en-mass from null sec to high sec to start PvE'ing :lol:

The truth of the problem here is there is no barrier between full pve worlds like Epeland and half pvp worlds like Skjutland, the Eve devs atleast new that logically you didn't want null and high sec bordering each other and that you need a low sec in the middle to ease the transition between a full pvp and non pvp environment.

Which is why we need the same in Life is Feudal, so for example the line of transition between worlds should be something like Epeland (High Sec) > Skjutland (Low Sec) > Avalon (Null Sec) with Epeland having no JH, Skjutland having similar system to Avalon now, and Avalon having a 24/7 JH type system.

You can't travel from Avalon to Epeland, Skjutland produces gold coins but they can't produce slaves (they can produce Barmosag tho), and when the devs feel they need to add a respective world they shift it into place with the other servers, and instead of just Green and Red you would have Green > Yellow > Red.

More options for everyone and the green servers don't have to worry about being overrun by a recently defeated enemy who is being driven out of the red servers, and is recuperating a loss.

You could even apply more protection on the green server, such as the inability to hit anyone unless they agree to a duel, IB's could do no damage so you could have regular IB's with no consequences, and when sieges come you could have regular sieges where nothing gets destroyed or taken over.

A true PvE world.

This would leave for more open on the yellow and red worlds where people who work or can only play in the evening can live on the yellow locations, and then no life's like myself can juke it out on the red worlds all day fighting.

Everyone is happy :beer:

Return to General Discussion