Development News #110 — Murphy's Update - Day 2

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #110 — Murphy's Update - Day 2

Post by Arrakis » 29 Jun 2018, 19:03

Hey, feudalists!

We updated the EU region yesterday, however, as soon as Iriy was launched, we detected a bug that required a hotfix and therefore rolled Iriy back to the state it was before the update.

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the patch (and since all the worlds are connected, and it covers all of them), we could not have simply updated a single world and had to work with the whole region.
In response to a question that may arise: yes, the QA team thoroughly tested the patch on our inner test region beforehand, but no internal limited test can simulate the whole variety of possible hardware and software configurations that thousands of players have in the real world. Moreover, no artificial test region can foresee all the nice, funny, interrelated, complex and sometimes even crazy stuff you guys have accomplished in the main regions that we wouldn’t even dream of!

With this in mind, we are working diligently on a quick fix and plan to upload it to the EU region as soon as we’re completely happy with it. After we deploy it, we’ll of course be watching over to see how it works out and, based on that, will make a decision on whether to update the NA region. We don’t want to take any chances and risk adding bugs to the NA region too, so we’re taking a few days to ensure it runs smoothly - especially so close to the weekend when a lot of players will want to be able to play, we definitely don’t want to run into any more issues! We’ll keep you up-to-date with this so keep an eye out.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unforeseen problems and delays caused. As soon as the update is out and stabilized, we will, as promised, start sending the compensation to you all.

In the meantime, we would like to share the guides to the new update features that our community and support team have come up with — take a look and be fully prepared!

Thank you for your continued support and understanding!

Have a great weekend!

— The team

Neverlamer7

Re: Development News #110 — Murphy's Update - Day 2

Post by Neverlamer7 » 30 Jun 2018, 09:20

PATCH DA YO, GREEDY BASTARDS!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 01 Jul 2018, 05:41

Oh, lol! Murphy's Update as in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law ?? Took me a while to get it :ROFL: :ROFL:

Official name?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 01 Jul 2018, 23:18

1618/5000
Hello everyone:

I think that with this experience it would be best if, from now on, the contents are added little by little in order to test their faults and apply the hot fixes they require.
That would allow us to play the game and improve it without so much stress and problems generated by the new content.
These days I have suffered horribly with my main character who lost a lot of skill points for an error that caused all my intelligence points to move to str ... Although they have helped me a lot and I'm uploading again the skill points of my character I notice many problems. Everything seems slow and heavy, the characters get tired doing minimal things, just run a few meters reach to run out completely, you can not cook or cut boards, or make anything without the character is completely tired. It is very difficult to locate where to click to use the usable items, whether they are boxes, logs, chests, everything you want to use is difficult to use since the graphic seems outdated and you can not click it to execute the desired action. Signs come out every time, when you disconnect and connect posters of the JH appear, everything hinders the agility of the game, even the sounds seem broken, because they sound very bad.
I imagine it would be a tremendous job that these people have dedicated observing all the changes and the whole game in its entirety, but I think the best suggestion at this moment is that the changes be added carefully, little by little and make sure that work perfectly before adding "another floor to the building".
Perhaps before continuing to add content it is good to spend some time to repair everything that is already in operation.
I did not expect changes and new content that was added, I expected other content, I honestly think they are great, but unfortunately for me they are not very useful in 90% since the only thing that benefits me in my game style is to be able to trade "export", nothing more.
I expected something new in the professions, some bonus or improvement for the skills that have 100%, new outfits, other kinds of things, maybe improvements of what was already.
But anyway, it has been spectacular. Now I think you have to take calmly repairing everything that is not working ok with a lot of patience.
I do not want to stop saying that the pvp in this game seems more strategy-oriented, let's not leave aside the pure pve, as in his time many of us played games like sim city, today in lif we are amazed with everything we can build and more ... It would be very nice to find new contents in crafteables, clothes weapons, armor, objects, decorative objects, containers, food constructions, all kinds of new objects, maybe with some bonus.
Bonus for those who have 100% in a skill that significantly differentiate who has 90% ... Changes in skills such as horse trainer, who can not do anything but train horses ... or chains between combat skills and crafting, there are a thousand things that can be improved without adding more content that is as difficult to install as has now happened.

Carpalaz

Post by Carpalaz » 05 Jul 2018, 17:00

Federicogjm wrote:1618/5000
Hello everyone:

It is very difficult to locate where to click to use the usable items, whether they are boxes, logs, chests, everything you want to use is difficult to use since the graphic seems outdated and you can not click it to execute the desired action.

You can click on items more then 10 times but nothing happens.
It is very frustrating.
Please can you fix this?

Thank you

Return to Development News