SUGGESTION: Teams based Arena mode

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Do you think there should be team mode for the Arena?

YES, I'm really hoping to see such soon
95%
NO, I don't think LiF needs such Arena mode
2%
I don't care as I'm not interested in the Arena mode at all
3%

Total votes : 205

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

SUGGESTION: Teams based Arena mode

Post by SharanaEU » 04 Jul 2018, 19:13

Almost everyone that played the arena so far noticed that the Free for all (FFA) is not really FFS. When there are ratings and win/lose situations competitive players always try to influence the odds. As result they team up at the same time and in almost every arena you will see people making unit(the in game formations for bonuses and identification) and playing as squad.

On top of that the FFA arena is all about killstealing, people running around when low hp instead of dying and respawning on full hp etc. It's fun for a while, but team based arena would be a lot more fun for the players currently playing in the Arena.

It shouldn't be that hard to make such mode using the current mechanics already. Can be separate mode. Generally speaking many suggest something like 5 vs 5 red vs blue matches where you either sign up as a team or random players are formed into a team of 5 (or team of 3 + 2 ransomers filling the number). Should either have the same rules as the FFA arena (sane time, respawning etc) where the winner is the team with most points (summed up and gaining points only for killing the enemy, friendly kill should give penalty) or fast fight with only 1 life.

The rankings can be sum of all players points in the team (max 7 players in team with CD for switching) or can be generated only in team vs team fights to not mix up with the FFA (but it will be a lot less populated with implementation of team mode).

The plus sides of such mode (feel free to suggest more):
- almost any guild can get 5 players and fight as a team (it's not IB. where it's all about coalitions) which would make it popular among smaller guilds too.
- has good chances to bring people to LiF outside of the IB/JH time, because open world PvP outside of the primetime is very limited (people don't go outside) and most players prefer to play other games instead of riding around for 40-50 minutes to get few minutes of PvP.
- another way for guilds to compete with each other and it's not connected to IBs that require big guilds and coalitions.
- t3 and t4 armors will be needed a lot which can resurrect a bit the currently dead economy of everyone having everything and not needing new stuff (t3 and t4 armors weren't made in large amounts as people don't fight with them in IBs, while on Arena you don't lose them and people started making them now)
- no more complains and frustration about people teaming up in FFA, they will have team mode to do it.

Bobik was estimating it can take them 2 or so weeks to make such team mode, but it has pretty low priority atm. That's why it was suggested to make poll here on the forum and see how popular such idea is. The results will set a priority - if it's popular and gets lots of votes it will get higher priority and will be implemented faster.

Minzi1990
Zealous Believer

Re: SUGGESTION: Teams based Arena mode

Post by Minzi1990 » 04 Jul 2018, 20:00

:good: :good:

Push it to the limit :Bravo:

Rem1x

Post by Rem1x » 04 Jul 2018, 20:20

much nice, make it works, just work

Kontakt
Zealous Believer

Post by Kontakt » 04 Jul 2018, 20:23

We Ascanians support the proposal made!

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 04 Jul 2018, 20:40

Add this:
- score is based on kills (2 points), ASSISTS (1 point if dealt more than 50% of player hp) and total damage dealt (to lessen the impact of kill stealing)
- diminishing returns on score points for killing the same player (to lessen the impact of feeding)

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

Post by SharanaEU » 04 Jul 2018, 20:48

Grimmblut wrote:Add this:
- score is based on kills (2 points), ASSISTS (1 point if dealt more than 50% of player hp) and total damage dealt (to lessen the impact of kill stealing)
- diminishing returns on score points for killing the same player (to lessen the impact of feeding)

That is good suggestion for both modes.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 04 Jul 2018, 23:04

A team based Arena would be such a good quality of life patch for this game.

While i was dubious at the idea of an arena I can see the benefit of it working to the best of its potential, and the current iteration of the Arena has too many systemic contradictions. A team based arena would solve some of these.

Risquu

Post by Risquu » 04 Jul 2018, 23:34

If the devs want to keep it 20 man, I would suggest perhaps having five teams of four (or 4 of 5). Less teams if there aren't enough people to fill a game. I would also suggest that this completely replaces FFA so as the lack of players would not support two different gametypes.

Perhaps that can be some revamping done to the unit mechanic and this could be tied into the matchmaking as a group. Although I am aware that could be a fair bit of work for the devs.

Oh, having a counter of how many people are currently in queue for the arena would also be a great quality of life improvement.

Lurm

Post by Lurm » 04 Jul 2018, 23:37

it shouldn't be too many players tho since the playerbase is already slow and waiting times would skyrocket for 10v10 or 5v5v5v5 arena

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

Post by SharanaEU » 05 Jul 2018, 20:02

Bump

LiFKarl
Beta Tester

Post by LiFKarl » 05 Jul 2018, 20:37

+1

Gimlikohne

Post by Gimlikohne » 05 Jul 2018, 21:00

Gumli approves

Paragade

Post by Paragade » 06 Jul 2018, 07:40

:good:

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 06 Jul 2018, 09:20

it will be the top popular stuff.

but i think 3v3 and 2v3 combat will be more interesting :Yahoo!:

and gambling will be possible for spectators, winner will get coins :D :D
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Sweetsage

Post by Sweetsage » 10 Jul 2018, 20:55

A yes from me 8-)

Rodrigoaleixo10

Post by Rodrigoaleixo10 » 11 Jul 2018, 09:09

Well my suggestion is a Joust arena, 1v1,2v2,3v3 cav only.

Return to General Discussion