New players to Red servers?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

New players to Red servers?

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 09 Jul 2018, 06:46

So like what is the endgame here?

Little backstory, left game, came back for patch, monument was sitting at tier 1, we salvaged it/saved it. We were moved it back up to tier 2 but were IBed down, no problem, this cycle has gone on for a couple of weeks now. blah blah blah, anyways its pretty hard to restart a guild claim that already has walls and defenses, since people can now spam IBs ever few days due to resources.

So how are new people going to even get a foot hold on the map at all at this point?

How are we going to get any churn of new players coming?

There is 400-700 people playing LIF right now even after the patch, I was really hoping more people would start coming again, but are we only shooting for the same 400-700 people on NA?

I am personally a big fan of most of the changes just wondering how its going to get new players to the red server if its so easy to kill their base?

Also side note, are sieges going to be a thing still? If they are whats the point to spend the resources on them if you can just destroy the monument for free during JH.

Pirrly
True Believer

Re: New players to Red servers?

Post by Pirrly » 10 Jul 2018, 15:00

yep, totally agree with you.

I already wrote it down in the german forums, new players have to join "big" gilds, but thats not gonna happen. You lose players every single day and then you make a move like that? what?
Maybe they want to open a new server for that, lel.

But srsly, its just another fail move in a time, where LIF is almost dead and thats pretty sad. I want to join Avalon since 2 weeks, but its not possible with a useless T1 claim.

Velius

Post by Velius » 11 Jul 2018, 13:18

Rather than try and compete, ally yourself with said large guilds. That has been the go-to for smaller groups since the game's onset. You getting obliterated now is no different than the small guilds who got obliterated at launch. Going it alone or in a small group is suicide.

If you won't ally with a larger group to increase your own benefit, expect to be destroyed. The purpose of the strong is to kill the weak. The purpose of the weak is to die.

Become strong, or accept your fate. That is how the world has worked since man first stood up on two legs and you're not about to change it.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 11 Jul 2018, 14:38

I recently had a few solo players join me.
Like most guilds I'm wary of newcomers and lock off my town claim aside from some designated warehouses and gate access, I've heard too many horror stories about people making alts and joining guilds to steal stuff, but I'm more than supportive and give them everything they need as far as tools, weapons, and autopunching for skill.

No matter what you always need bodies, people are the most valuable thing to have in this game.

However one thing that really needs to change as it's a real barrier for new people

The combat grind needs to be cut down by atleast 1/4 or 1/2 of what it is now. Most people who just pick up the game aren't going to want to spend a few hours grinding just so they can be even semi viable in combat.

I'm ok with crafting skills being a heavy grind, crafting skill should be.
Combat however should be very easy for people to skill up though, I would even go so far as to removing the 60skill limit on the training dummy and boost exp gain from training dummies/targets to x10 of what it is now

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 11 Jul 2018, 22:14

I have no idea what is going on in green servers
Some of us have used years to build up relationships with other guilds and people. Finding/making enemies.
No one should expect to buy the game, make a claim with a few friends and then think they can have PvP and survive. News on Avalon spread like wild fire amongst the guilds. So if someone starts declaring war to get some PvP they will for sure get PvP...
As someone said make some friends and do it fast. Best to do it with guilds close yo where you like to settle. Or even better join a guild to learn the game. And i think that is 1 of the biggest problem for new players on Avalon: To many wants to start their own guild and be kings and queens. They think running a guild and learning the game in a hostile environment is easy. That concept will fail for sure.
If you like to learn the game without help, then maybe start out on a green server, then later join Avalon. But before going to Avalon, make some friends/alliances. And make sure people trust you. If they dont, you dont have a chance

Return to General Discussion