Guilds claiming land to blitz private claims in 2 server ticks (Monsters of Darkness)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Janliket

Guilds claiming land to blitz private claims in 2 server ticks (Monsters of Darkness)

Post by Janliket » 09 Sep 2018, 12:50

Dear fellow feudalists,

Last night (on Epleland, server 24) a guild called Monsters of Darkness created a guildclaim next to my plot so that it would move into my square after one server tick (at like 02:00) and nullify my plot. They have not build anything, just stolen my stuff and possibly the location for my private claim.
I don't mind the stuff at all (cart is a bummer, but still) but I have been working my plot for a month, so that sucks and doesn't seem like something nice people would do, I guess.

A couple of questions:

- Is this a common thing? Just plant a guild claim, grow into a private claim after a tick and steal their stuff when they are not playing?
- Do guilds do this and move on (meaning my plot will be mine again?)
- Is the just something Monsters of Darkness (which would suit their guild name) is known for?

I am naming them, but mainly to see if this is just how they roll. I understand it is a vital part of the game mechanics to lend Guild claims status above private claims, so private claims won't grief entire guilds, but this might not have been the intended use (if they are not going to really build a town, just plant a monument to steal stuff on a green server). If they are going to really use the terrain to build their home, I would have liked a conversation first, but then I understand that the wish of the many outweighs the wishes of just Berthokk.

Any thoughts would be helpful, especially if it turns out they'll move on again.

Kinds regards,

Berthokk

Return to General Discussion