What happened to the game?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Martin.jack.olsson
True Believer

What happened to the game?

Post by Martin.jack.olsson » 22 Sep 2018, 10:23

Hello!

So i played when the game launched, and it was GREAT. Loved the game, but had to stop due to work.

Now i decided to come back, and there is only a fraction of the playerbase left.

I tried to roam around abit and have a look at the world, but when i tried to cross into another "zone", "server" or what it is called it said "The gods don't want you to go there"

I decided to uninstall at that point.

So where did the players go? And why on earth can't i even play the game?

Sunleader

Re: What happened to the game?

Post by Sunleader » 22 Sep 2018, 11:39

Well long Story Short.
Griefers and RPKs griefed and killed whoever they could so most PvE Players as well as any smaller groups etc left.
Guilds lead Wars against each other and the Losers left when their stuff was destroyed.

Then with nobody left to grief and kill the Griefers and RPKs also started leaving because they were bored.
The Winners of Guild Wars build their Big Fortress in their Conquered Areas and then left as well cause they were bored.

Now all thats left is some Hardcore Players of these Guilds etc.
Which come into Forum and talk happyli how back they had 150 members in their guild and killed everything around them.
Complaining that the Game died and nobody is in their area anymore to kill.

Resulting in me scratching my head and wondering if they really cant draw the connection of them killing everyone and nobody coming there anymore....

OakChronicles

Post by OakChronicles » 22 Sep 2018, 13:34

Developers divided community by creating extra servers, and then turned all servers but Avalon into safety heavens for PvErs, who had left after they built everything and got bored.

Martin.jack.olsson
True Believer

Post by Martin.jack.olsson » 22 Sep 2018, 19:12

Well, too bad. Could have been a great game.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 22 Sep 2018, 20:53

Greenfire wrote:Developers divided community by creating extra servers, and then turned all servers but Avalon into safety heavens for PvErs, who had left after they built everything and got bored.

That Patch was the First time in 6 Months we didnt lose Players.
If not for that Patch the Game might have been gone already.

Monco

Post by Monco » 22 Sep 2018, 21:50

What Sunleader said is complete BS and has nothing to do with the majority of players leaving the game, maybe just 2% of players may have left for the reason he stated.

What made most people leave are the fundamental problem the game has at the current state:
-Stability (lag)
-non-functioning economy
-Hard and bad new player experience

Also heavily limiting, easily exploitable, sometimes not working as intended and overprotective game mechanics helped the population drop massively since after everyone got their base up most of them were left with nothing to do and without a goal.

Anyways you can check it by yourself from this post, it pretty much sums up from december to nowadays all kinds of problems and things that people were and are pissed about and made many quit.
current-state-of-the-game-t31197/
Last edited by Monco on 27 Sep 2018, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

Martin.jack.olsson
True Believer

Post by Martin.jack.olsson » 23 Sep 2018, 16:40

Monco wrote:What Sunleader said is complete BS and has nothing to do with the majority of players leaving the game, maybe just 2% of players may have left for the reason he stated.

What made most people leave are the fundamental problem the game has at the current state:
-Stability (lag)
-non-functioning economy
-Hard and bad new player experience

Also heavily limiting and overprotective game mechanics helped the population drop massively since after everyone got their base up most of them were left with nothing to do and without a goal.

Anyways you can check it by yourself from this post, it pretty much sums up from december to nowadays all kinds of problems and things that people were and are pissed about and made many quit.
current-state-of-the-game-t31197/

Ohh, that reminds me. Those sort of problems. Are they still in the game?

Now i remember why i quit...i bought some skin for like 35$ and there was a bug so i could not use it. When i sent a ticket they said they won't refund it and the bug was not a priority.

SonofKitt
Zealous Believer

Post by SonofKitt » 23 Sep 2018, 19:59

-Stability (lag) - Somewhat - but that could be due to low player numbers.
-non-functioning economy - Not yet, but they are looking to make big changes in the major patch 2 come up .... tba
-Hard and bad new player experience - still not as good as it could be.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 23 Sep 2018, 22:53

I doubt the new Player Experience will change much tough.
No offense but with the exception of the Toxic Griefer and RPK Community the new Player Experience isnt actually that Bad.

The biggest Problem is being spawned in the Middle of nowhere and the fact that there is too many People that just kill you for no Reason or Purpose.

The Spawning could be changed to Center City.
But the being Killed is hard to change without the PvP Crying Crocodile Tears all over because any Mechanics preventing that would likely also hinder other PvP.

The Economy has actually Improved Tremendously already.
Its nowhere even close to working.
But at least thanks to the Server Shared Import/Export System it has become alot easier to actually Buy something.

And lol at Monco.
Yeah sure.
What killed the Game was certainly Barkboxing Removal.
Because I saw so many Reviews of People leaving because they couldnt Grief others over their Walls anymore.
And I certainly didnt see Reviews of People leaving because people used Magic Floating Items to come over their Walls and kill them....

Sorry but anyone seriously believing that is either an RPK/Griefer and part of an RPK/Griefer Guild which lost alot of Members due to this.
Or is simply Ignorant of Reality.
And regardless of which one it is. He is not needed in this Game.

Because Sorry.
But if PvP really Died because you could not use Floating Objects to Sneak over a Wall and RPK People inside that Wall while they werent ready for Combat.

Then there never was any PvP in this Game in the First Place.

Monco

Post by Monco » 24 Sep 2018, 09:51

Sunleader wrote:I doubt the new Player Experience will change much tough.
No offense but with the exception of the Toxic Griefer and RPK Community the new Player Experience isnt actually that Bad.

The biggest Problem is being spawned in the Middle of nowhere and the fact that there is too many People that just kill you for no Reason or Purpose.

The Spawning could be changed to Center City.
But the being Killed is hard to change without the PvP Crying Crocodile Tears all over because any Mechanics preventing that would likely also hinder other PvP.

The new player experience has improved slightly from what it was at the beginning but I think we're still far from a "good and easy one".

I didn't see all these people killing for no reason or an actual "toxic and rpk community" as you call it in my experience in Avalon for example and I've been playing since November.

Some groups were designated in roaming and killing everyone in enemy territories at the start of OBT so maybe you encountered some of them, but they weren't doing it for the purpose of "griefing" randoms but instead to slow as much as possible their enemy starting phase.

Most of the new groups or people who were killed or forced to move were forced to do so simply because of a way of territorial control due to politics and coalitions which were formed way back then even before the OBT started.

Sunleader wrote:The Economy has actually Improved Tremendously already.
Its nowhere even close to working.
But at least thanks to the Server Shared Import/Export System it has become alot easier to actually Buy something.

The economy didn't improve at all, it's now actually even worse then before with outpost exploitation in Epleland for example, what slightly improved is trading.

The Import/Export system has indeed increased trading but at the same time it created tremendous economy breaking exploits such as trading of resources from the same guild between servers with different "rulesets".

Some examples:
-Epleland outpost exploitation
-Transferring loot to a green world base in case of an incoming siege
-0 reward from producing in a "red server", hence many guilds have a "crafting base" in Epleland (no risk) and they transfer almost everything to their base in Avalon through import / export

Sunleader wrote:And lol at Monco.
Yeah sure.
What killed the Game was certainly Barkboxing Removal.
Because I saw so many Reviews of People leaving because they couldnt Grief others over their Walls anymore.
And I certainly didnt see Reviews of People leaving because people used Magic Floating Items to come over their Walls and kill them....

Sorry but anyone seriously believing that is either an RPK/Griefer and part of an RPK/Griefer Guild which lost alot of Members due to this.
Or is simply Ignorant of Reality.
And regardless of which one it is. He is not needed in this Game.

Because Sorry.
But if PvP really Died because you could not use Floating Objects to Sneak over a Wall and RPK People inside that Wall while they werent ready for Combat.

Then there never was any PvP in this Game in the First Place.

I don't remember mentioning bark boxing or boosting in this topic, anyways bark boxing and boosting "didn't kill the game" but its removal back then killed roaming and raiding simply because those mechanics were directly linked to each others.

Roaming and raiding was a big aspect of the game and pretty much all Open World PvP was focused around it, they removed that possibilty without adding anything else back then that's why people were pissed and since they didn't manage to find anything to replace those mechanics so they simply decided to add them back in july.

I obiously know you are not a PvP expert in this game and that's why you can't realise the fact that that mechanic was directly linked to open world PvP, we've been using it since the beginning of the MMO and even back in Your Own.

Again i'm telling you don't talk about things you don't know, don't speak about PvP if you know nothing about it and how it applies in this game.
You mistake "unexpected" PvP with griefing, what PvPers really like in this game and in open world games in general is in fact that unexpected PvP or they would play an "arena game".

I'm asking you again what do you consider griefing in this game? From what you say all unexpected PvP is griefing and thus shouldn't be allowed, that's a very old mentality probably coming from games like everquest.
In fact even some of the original World of Warcraft developers used to share that idea but they changed their mind as soon as they saw the success of open world PvP in games like anarchy online and dark age of camelot, and later on they actually said they were surprised of the popularity of PvP servers (those who actually allowed unexpected PVP).

So yea, if Open world PvP, raiding and roaming were possible due to certain mechanics what do you think happens if you remove them without adding anything else to replace them?

Return to General Discussion