Heard a rumor and thinking of returning...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Xsarec

Heard a rumor and thinking of returning...

Post by Xsarec » 23 Oct 2018, 12:44

My guild and I left some time ago but recently have heard a rumor that a new fresh start server with a larger world was being created instead of the hoge poge red - green identical worlds that exist now.

This sounds excellent, could someone explain more in detail.

As in will it be a world in which more contenints can be added once ships are in game?

Will it have a more realistic rule set instead of the one hour concept?

Is this world in development now or is this way off in the future?
Xsarec Rothgar - www.encursion.com

suffering001

Re: Heard a rumor and thinking of returning...

Post by suffering001 » 23 Oct 2018, 16:48

from what i heard they are planing on adding a server with a map x4 the size of the actual one, with both green and red areas, all regions will play in the same map and jh will happen in diferent zones in different times, not sure if devs actually said it or just rumors from other players.

Xsarec

Post by Xsarec » 23 Oct 2018, 21:28

suffering001 wrote:from what i heard they are planing on adding a server with a map x4 the size of the actual one, with both green and red areas, all regions will play in the same map and jh will happen in diferent zones in different times, not sure if devs actually said it or just rumors from other players.

That sounds awesome.....as long as it is fresh start it should bring players into the game. If it is transfer your character than I doubt any new blood would join.

Any time frame...

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 25 Oct 2018, 11:14

Considering the time and money some invested in their character, I'm not sure they would want to do that again.

Xsarec

Post by Xsarec » 25 Oct 2018, 15:00

Azzak wrote:Considering the time and money some invested in their character, I'm not sure they would want to do that again.

I becomes a trade off between new and old players, are there enough players now to support the game or do you focus on a relaunch type situation. I am not sure how many are playing and paying.
Last edited by Xsarec on 28 Oct 2018, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Xsarec

Post by Xsarec » 28 Oct 2018, 17:56

The way I am hearing it on other Discords from players is supposedly they are moving the existing maps to the new server were you can plan you existing characters. However the new 4X map will be for new characters only and you will not be able to transfer to this server.

I guess that makes sense, for those that want a fresh start and fresh chance at survival you can play on the new 4x map, this way you will get new people coming into the game and for those who have invested in their character you still have your map.

That way everyone is happy.....seems like a good decision Bitbox :)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 09 Nov 2018, 01:47

Moving the existing maps to a new server wont fix any of the problems.

The issues of having maps that look like crap now because of Chinese and grief player mechanics from months ago. AND even less effort put into fixing the stability of some servers.. not that I would know havent been on the DISCORD or in game in months.. But if I am guess by the STEAM reviews... the NA server is still hosted on a Amiga 2800 somewhere in south east Alepo.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 29 Nov 2018, 11:44

Hodo wrote:Moving the existing maps to a new server wont fix any of the problems.

The issues of having maps that look like crap now because of Chinese and grief player mechanics from months ago. AND even less effort put into fixing the stability of some servers.. not that I would know havent been on the DISCORD or in game in months.. But if I am guess by the STEAM reviews... the NA server is still hosted on a Amiga 2800 somewhere in south east Alepo.

are you crazy ?
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Return to General Discussion