Need help with Collision of new Objects

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Falcrum

Need help with Collision of new Objects

Post by Falcrum » 06 Oct 2018, 16:39

Hi there,

im new to modding of LiF:YO so i tried to bring some new Objects ingame. Converting them into dts is no problem, but i got issues to set some collision to the object.

first i tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKQt3zsuBc

I tried to get an simple object with a collision into the Torque 3D Editor, like him. But it only has an collison if i set it manually to "Bounds" . I cant figure out the Problem why my object wont have a cillision set by simple loading it into the Torque editor like the original LiF Objects. Btw. wich collisionmodel is required for LiF, bounds oder collisionMesh?

Im using Blender and 3DS max, if theres anybody out there who can help i will be very glad. Im sure its one simple failure i cant figure out by myself. Or i need a Tutorial or something.

thx so far.

Arzin
Beta Tester

Re: Need help with Collision of new Objects

Post by Arzin » 07 Oct 2018, 13:25

you need to have the same file in server folder aswell.

For example:

Client = art/models/3d/test/model.dts
Server= art/models/3d/test/model.dts

Server then registers the collision.

Falcrum

Post by Falcrum » 07 Oct 2018, 15:24

Hi,

i never testet it in the Server cause in Torque 3D Editor it wont work, i can go through it. If i load an LiF Object like an Barrel or an House i cant go through in the Torque 3D Editor, so the Problem must be my Model. I need to know how to set up the Collision correctly to fix this.

Arzin
Beta Tester

Post by Arzin » 08 Oct 2018, 16:06

Or just make a basic mesh of what to block and name it collision-1

KuraiSeraph

Post by KuraiSeraph » 09 Oct 2018, 16:10

Hello,

i use Blender 2.49b with prepackaged Python 2.6.2 and Blender DTS Exporter u can get it here https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=238465.0

All the Visible of the Mash go to Layer 1. The Collison Layer go to Layer 2.

When u Export the dts use not the Quick Export. On the Shape Tab the Detail Levels Tab you have a Detail1 at use Layer select the layer u have the Visible Mash. Than ADD a Collision Detail Level an select at use Layer your Layer where the Collision Mash is.

Under General Tab u can select your Output path.

Hit Export

i hope it helps.

Kurai

Falcrum

Post by Falcrum » 14 Oct 2018, 10:44

KuraiSeraph wrote:Hello,

i use Blender 2.49b with prepackaged Python 2.6.2 and Blender DTS Exporter u can get it here https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=238465.0

All the Visible of the Mash go to Layer 1. The Collison Layer go to Layer 2.

When u Export the dts use not the Quick Export. On the Shape Tab the Detail Levels Tab you have a Detail1 at use Layer select the layer u have the Visible Mash. Than ADD a Collision Detail Level an select at use Layer your Layer where the Collision Mash is.

Under General Tab u can select your Output path.

Hit Export

i hope it helps.

Kurai

Hi Kurai,

i got the DTS Exporterr for Blender but the links for Python are broken.

KuraiSeraph

Post by KuraiSeraph » 16 Oct 2018, 16:25

Hi,
oh i see. Go to the Headline Installing Blender DTS Exporter for Windows. There u get the Python 2.6.2 / Python 2.6.2 64-bit.
and follow the install instruction

Pit-Didi

Post by Pit-Didi » 11 Dec 2018, 08:09

Hey,

someone found a solution for the collision problem with 3DS export?
I dont use Blender.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 11 Dec 2018, 15:37

There is no collision problem.

"If" you're using Blender you have to set the rights layers for collision to work. And you have to create Shapes and Detail Levels.

OR (in your case) you can use Shaper 0.89 and/or Shaper 1.11 to import your own model and export it into the dts file format.

I have both and it's working fine....

Falcrum

Post by Falcrum » 20 Dec 2018, 04:07

I solved my problem with the collis pretty good. You dont need a special exporter for your Model because Torque 3D creates the .dts file if you load it into it. To get an working colli you need to set the right hierachy and parents , you also have to create a simple collisionmesh for the Model.

Smartest way is: load an vanilla Lif model into Torque 3D and take a look at its hierarchy. ;)

greetings

Pit-Didi

Post by Pit-Didi » 20 Dec 2018, 18:00

Hey Falcrum,

thx for your answhere. I solved it by using "Ultimate Unwrap 3D" for the .dts export. Collision works great now.

But with one problem solved the next coming up. :O:

When i export my model with textures/materials it works great in Torque 3D. But LiF crashes when i bring it InGame. :(

Return to Game mods