Skilling Horseback Riding

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Feudal9

Skilling Horseback Riding

Post by Feudal9 » 30 Apr 2019, 10:43

Since i can ride horses with Level 30 in Skill Horseback Riding, what do i have for advantages in skilling it to Level 90 or higher?

Griffith181

Re: Skilling Horseback Riding

Post by Griffith181 » 01 May 2019, 14:30

When you say Horseback riding you mean the Minor skill right? I don't believe there is any use as of yet to get it to 90. I think its early attribute is towards agility and intelligence. It says it raises the maximum quality of regular horses that can be effectively ridden. But I don't know what "Effectively" means. Because I ride horses just fine lol.
<BW> Blood Warden Guild | North American | English Speaking | PVP and PVE | Medium Size family. https://discord.gg/6RQFheM

Eele

Re: Skilling Horseback Riding

Post by Eele » 23 May 2019, 03:30

Actually there is a reason to skill this if you plan to use Horses/Stallions/Mooses/Courier Horses:
The skill caps the effective quality of the horse and therefore the speed of the horse.
If you ride a q10 horse with 30 skill, it has the speed of a q10 horse.
If you ride a q60 horse with 10 skill, it has the speed of a q10 horse (skills caps it).
If you ride a q60 horse with 60 skill, it has the full speed of the q60.

It gets more interesting with higher quality courier horses.
BUT if you want to use a warhorse, you need to do the same with the associated skill (warhorse = Cavalry, hardy and spirited = knight, heavy and royal = lancer).

Return to Newcomer Section