Greetings, traveler! Art thou in need of a land fresh for claiming? Dare to challenge thyself with a single life for thy characters? Mayhaps thou wishest to live thy life as a great monarch, or a mere peasant? Then please, grab thyself a seat, rest well, and set sail for these lands!RULES
* No AFK Killing. Keep it fair, at the very least! If someone doesn't respond to you, they may be AFK, or typing a response.
* No Random Attacking! If you're a bandit, make your demands, give the other player a chance to respond, then act accordingly! If you're just out to cause trouble as a PLAYER, this isn't your kind of server.
* Local = IC. These are the medieval times, so please speak accordingly in the Local Chat. Global is OOC, so you can talk however there! (( You can also speak OOC in Local so long as you surround your text with a pair of brackets or parentheses like this. ))
* Respect others' limitations. If someone has to go, and you're trying to rob them, understand that they have a life outside of this game. In OOC, please negotiate something with them before a decision is made, such as voiding the robbery or having them just drop a few items for you to loot. And to those being robbed, please don't just randomly leave if you meet a confrontation. Though griefing isn't allowed, robberies and pillagers don't count as griefing if you have a fair chance to respond!
* Don't burn EVERYTHING to the ground, please! Understand that it takes folks HOURS to build houses... maybe even DAYS. As such, if you're there to rob them, please spare the houses unless they're in the way, or have been abandoned for a long period of time. If possible, ask the owner if you're allowed to do so BEFORE deciding to strike it down!
* ACT In-Character at all times! You can't just be a king or queen by snapping your finger and saying "Crown me!" Such an honor has to be earned by your peers, or granted by myself or a GM.
* Do NOT just fight people without a proper reason! Did they do something wrong to you? THEN make a threat. If they are trespassing in YOUR territory, they might not even be aware. Should they persist, THEN you have rights to attack them.
* PTK Rules Apply! This stands for "Permission To Kill". If you win a duel or a fight against someone, you MUST ask them if you have THEIR permission to kill them. Wars exclude this rule, however, as it's a group-based decision, then!
* If in doubt, ask a GM! The bottom-line here is to pretend you're in the Medieval Age, where people are just now starting to build up massive cities or quaint villages. Please remember to behave yourself, but don't worry about being mischievous, as there's opportunities for that, too! But should you be concerned about anything, feel free to ask!RATES
0% Chances for Random Encounters ensures you won't die from a Snake Bite while digging around. Death is permanent, but entirely avoidable by fair chances!
10% Exp Rate. This is so it's easy to start off settlements. This may be adjusted in the future, however, once the population has grown.
1500 Skill Cap. This is to encourage teamwork, and promote lifestyle choices that don't have to necessarily encourage fighting. You can be a craftsman or a fisherman, if you'd rather that!
4 Hour Days. Two hours each seems fair enough for daylight and night time, I believe. This means farming would take over a real-life day, while the 10% Exp Rate ensures you won't have to worry about dedicating fifty years to level up your farming.
Most of the others are default.
Death is permanent, so be EXTRA careful with how you live your life, and choose your actions wisely! Remember, it's not cowardice to run from overwhelming odds... it's merely survival!
Respect the rules, don't be a jerk, and you're very much welcome to stay!UPDATE:
Added a DDNS for easier access! Just Direct-Connect to this address: landsoflegend.ddns.net:28000