"Improvement Suggestions"

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Stephentodaro

"Improvement Suggestions"

Post by Stephentodaro » 18 Dec 2019, 07:04

Just joined the community... Having a good time thus far though I am a little worried with only one server reading "low" pop. Are you guys gonna keep progressing this game to fix your past mistakes which have obviously not allowed it to grow, or am I wasting my time?

1. Coming from Mount and Blade my first problem is combat. Feels insanely clunky compared to the smooth action of m&b even though you guys are going for relatively the same thing. I have not fought too much but the aspect could use a little more thought.

2. More explanation on how to get started with skills as well as a benefits list by each one. A new player mode, NOT A TUTROIAL ISLAND could fix this. Allow it to be toggled in setting to give new players directions. For example, hovering over a skill since I mentioned it earlier. There could be a text box telling you what this skill is and how it benefits you. There could be an option like "Get you started in Artisan". This would give you a complete run down of the skill as well as clear step by step directions on how to progress in this skill, maybe taking you through your first build.

3. I know you guys are short on cash but please don't make people pay for tickets to new continents. Seriously who thought of that? I almost quit the game due to making a wrong character and not being warned I had to pay for a ticket, I spent 10 bucks because I wanted to try the game so bad unlike most.

4. Not sure if its just me but the game in general feels a little clunky all the way from the jump animation to inspecting objects... Im not sure if its the engine but if I was the developers I would try and smoothed everything out. I run a great set up and run most my games on Ultra. I had to settle for medium to get the smoothest possible frames. Maybe this is just me.

5. Also, I would consider you guys allow players to select a guild too go to at the start. For example if a veteran player wants to set up his own guild he could put on the "Mentor" checkbox. This would allow him to receive all new players to the game who need proper guidance. Spread amongst many guilds this could be great for new players getting a foothold and allowing solo vets to lead a clan. The trade off for the guild leader is having to train new members which in its self is a grind. But if the guild leader is a good mentor his trainees could become his equals, creating a stronger bond and community than he could have ever imagined. That is what the goal of all mentors should be. This is my favorite idea as I feel it could really enhance player experiences.

6. Lastly, update the UI. The UI all the way from in game, loading screens, character customizer, options, store, and just about every aspect needs a slight graphical update. It genuinely has the layout of a game that was made in 2010. Even the launcher could be cleaned up, it all reminds me of other dying games such as Eve, Planetside, DC Universe, etc... Idk what it is but they all have that same feel.

I hope you consider this I like your game a lot but I was this close to quitting. Thankfully I am also lucky to have a guild with old friends who play.

Stephentodaro

Re: "Improvement Suggestions"

Post by Stephentodaro » 18 Dec 2019, 07:11

Please also keep in mind:

1. I have only about 2 hours logged

2. I am going off the flaws which I as a new player take at face value.

Thank you..

Return to General Discussion