Newcomer suggestions, after playing one month

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

SPIRITBAKER

Newcomer suggestions, after playing one month

Post by SPIRITBAKER » 27 Jan 2020, 11:45

Hello

I've been playing this game for past month. I also played Haven & Hearth and Eve Online quite extensively in the past. So I'm learning this game quite rapidly. I'd like to provide a feedback and suggest some ideas on how to improve this game even further.

Major Problems that hampers the game growth.

Tutorial
The fact that you need a guide or guidance to even complete tutorial is joke. A Huge portion negative reviews are from the new players who were discouraged by tutorial.
I've already suggested couple of things for tutorial, like tutorial specific assets. For example modified tutorial version of the mining shaft, that are essentially cannot collapse and provides iron vain that regenerates over time. Small animals that provide more meat etc.
General standard for tutorial should be, even a complete moron should be able pass newbee island.

Overspecialization.
Obviously this things turn new players away. A lot of basic interactions are looked in different professions. I think original idea was to encourage ppl interactions, make guild members codependent. Bit it mostly forces players to make new characters for different jobs. Players who stuck with few characters are arguably more likely to burn out, due to repetitive nature of the game professions.
I think that skill cap needs to be a bit higher, but more importantly almost every physical labor activity needs to be available without skill point investment. Basically give players more tools to directly cooperate in the same activities. As it stands now I cannot help builder, and put building resources into a construction site. I can't help farmer harvest crops or fertilize the fields. Why putting cow dung into a soil requires a degree in agriculture? Same goes for animals, I can't even check how animals are doing.
As it stands now the most common PvE guild activities are digging and chopping the trees. And my guess is because you can actually do this thing with other players together.

Slow progression
Progression is perhaps is a bit too slow. Wood cost for early buildings is perhaps a little bit too high. Even a small wooden house requires 100 building logs, and it's just too much work.
Skill leveling can be speed up a bit too, but it's hard gage how much. Perhaps more linear increase in leveling speed would be more acceptable.

Minor gameplay suggestions

Regional resource system needs a major consolidation, as it stands there is too much arbitrary variety. Instead of regions, climate or biomes can be used as dividing line what resources region will get.
Certain crops, like cabbage, carrot, onion should be growing everywhere.
Regional items that are required for buildings need to be fully random, eg building site will accept any regional doore module.

Soft Cap on amount of wars Guild can have at a time. 20-40 for Tier 1 monument for example, and every war above the limit should cost money.
Argument can be made, that Bandits will just make more new guilds. But as person who played Eve O as pirate for many years. I can say from experience, this folks typically have a massive Ego. They will stick to whatever cool ingame Tag they have for the most part.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas