Feedback of a new player

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

FipsDieGrille

Feedback of a new player

Post by FipsDieGrille » 21 Mar 2020, 21:41

Hey Feudalists,

I am playing for around 2 weeks now and wanted to give some feedback to the game.

First of all: I love it. I really love it. The possibilities to develop your character, your home and your fief is so great and so much freedom.
I love all the little things. The random events while working, the healer that tells you to rest and so many more!

I love it that you have to choose your skills and that it is necessary to cooperate with others. Everything takes time and you need to be patient. That is so much better than in many other games in this genre.

Now the actual more important part are things i would like to see changed:

Major Issues:

The worst thing for me personally at the moment is how the trading post functions. The "teleport" delivery is a killer in this game. People around us shut down their trading posts, because it is not necessary for other people to reach them. What kind of trading post is that?
This game has so much more options for diplomacy and trade agreements if you have to visit tradeposts to buy stuff.
At the moment it is like the Diablo 3 Auction house. It is so much easier to fry fish, sell it to the crown and buy what i need than get it in any other way. That kills the game! I read that it is a new feature, i would get rid of it immediately.

I dont like too much that you only have one vegetable in every region that you can farm. I want to be a farmer and i need more than just onions, and peas are on the other side of the world, for example. I think these are just too basic to be that hard to get. I like the regional resources in general, just more farming would be nice. Also the onion is the only one that is not used for taming. And all neighbour regions have onions too.

Premium. I have no problem with paying money for a game or buying skins etc. But premium options feels like cheating for me, i will never buy that. I think it is important that everyone develops at the same speed. Pay to win sucks in all of its forms. This game needs a big player base and make it free to play for one character was a good step in the right direction. Next is: get rid of premium and make money with skins like you do already. (Btw prices seem a bit high, better sell more for less, id say)

TL;DR
The game is great. Please get rid of automatic delivery to make trading more interactive. Let it be hard. People who do not like hard games will not stay anyway. And stop premium, no one likes that.

Kind Regards

FipsDieGrille

Thomasroulain

Re: Feedback of a new player

Post by Thomasroulain » 22 Mar 2020, 01:56

I wholeheartedly agree about the trading posts; that's a big bummer for me, too. It makes the concept of being a trader unviable. With enough time, proper trading posts would lead to a proper trading profession. It'd work itself out eventually.

The premium account thing...eh, it doesn't bother me all that much. I don't see the advantage as being that large. But yes, any time of pay to win is a slippery slope. I'll give you that.

As far as the skins go, I think prices should be substantially lowered, and all opens be droppable, lootable, and destroyable. That should compensate for any potential loss of income.

FipsDieGrille

Re: Feedback of a new player

Post by FipsDieGrille » 22 Mar 2020, 07:30

Thanks for your post Thomas.

Making a real trade has so many opportunities. Bandits can plan assaults on a big trading route. Traders would have to hire guards etc.
So people could also play mercenaries that run around the world and lend their sword for money, equipment or food :D

That would also require a feature to leave notes. I mean it is nice to have a global chat but i prefer a method so i can talk to people that may run by. Leaving notes in my tradepost like: "We need mercenaries, please talk to (name) if you are interested"

Return to Feedback Section