Albion Online

Why this game is better than any other.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Albion Online

Post by Jezbelle » 12 Aug 2014, 10:26

Albion Online looks pretty good. Might be nice to play the alpha while we wait for LIF (i think their alpha is 24/7..)

Any thoughts about this game? (aside from cartoon-hate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6BKTDvtWo

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Albion Online

Post by Siegbert » 12 Aug 2014, 10:37

Lol, I know one of the guys personally. He used to be my programming tutor.

As for the game: doesn't look appealing to me at all.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 13 Aug 2014, 18:48

ehh, I signed up for there alpha long ago, got in, never bothered to even play, looked interesting at first, but this is better, would pay money for this, not albion...

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 14 Aug 2014, 05:09

Albion does sort of look like a birds-eye perspective of LIF w/ fantasy... but the combat looks bad (if they made it like d3/dota i would play). Also, the maps seem to be more confining and narrow, similar to a theme park game (although they stress that it isn't).

Not to say the combat in LIF is anywhere near working either though...

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 14 Aug 2014, 17:32

thing is, albion online is really near release, and has been in devolpment much less than lif, which means they are spending less time on it than our beloved bobik(spelling). my friend actually played it when he got into the alpha, couldnt stand it, and the combat system is out of date, (seems more like runescapes combat system, which was high end for mmos, what, 7 years ago...)

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 09 Sep 2014, 00:15

I have been follow Albion for some time myself. I will say this, what is appealing about the game to me, is as I get older The amount of game time I have gets smaller and smaller. A game like Albion requires a lot less time to be competitive, then a game like LIF I am assuming. This is being said without playing either, keep in mind. When I think of LiF I think of a better version of darkfall online and/or mortal online. that's just the way I see it.. as for features, both offer appealing features. To be honest they are to different animals. one is more SIM and other is more action/arena. It would be safe to say that albion will have a larger playerbase due to the fact that they are on more platforms. I am not sure how they are handling their server clusters, if its one big world or totally different servers with there own clusters. Basically what I am getting at is.. in albion you might play for 5 years and never come across everyone, but in LiF you will beable to make a name for yourself and you will come across the same people over and over again. I have a feeling many people will be playing both games. I myself will probably be playing both until I find which one is right for me. Games like LiF are my game of choice, but I quickly am reminded that real life duties don't allow me to compete like id like. Darkfall as fun as it was, was way to much of a grind for my available game time. I just hope bobik and team makes the grind minimal.. todays market wants to enjoy the features of a game not work hard before they have to do it.. you can say this is not true, but that just depends on how big you want your game. 50K subs? 100k subs? that's what you'll get with a grindy sim game. that's plenty of ppl don't get me wrong. but take a game like League of Legends which I know isn't an mmo.. but it has 0 grind. straight in to the action.. 12million + subscribers.. that speaks truth. anyway. sorry for the lazy typing, I don't feel like breaking this up in a more reader friendly structure.. enjoy the wall of text.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 10 Sep 2014, 20:59

Grimfest wrote:I have been follow Albion for some time myself. I will say this, what is appealing about the game to me, is as I get older The amount of game time I have gets smaller and smaller. A game like Albion requires a lot less time to be competitive, then a game like LIF I am assuming. This is being said without playing either, keep in mind. When I think of LiF I think of a better version of darkfall online and/or mortal online. that's just the way I see it.. as for features, both offer appealing features. To be honest they are to different animals. one is more SIM and other is more action/arena. It would be safe to say that albion will have a larger playerbase due to the fact that they are on more platforms. I am not sure how they are handling their server clusters, if its one big world or totally different servers with there own clusters. Basically what I am getting at is.. in albion you might play for 5 years and never come across everyone, but in LiF you will beable to make a name for yourself and you will come across the same people over and over again. I have a feeling many people will be playing both games. I myself will probably be playing both until I find which one is right for me. Games like LiF are my game of choice, but I quickly am reminded that real life duties don't allow me to compete like id like. Darkfall as fun as it was, was way to much of a grind for my available game time. I just hope bobik and team makes the grind minimal.. todays market wants to enjoy the features of a game not work hard before they have to do it.. you can say this is not true, but that just depends on how big you want your game. 50K subs? 100k subs? that's what you'll get with a grindy sim game. that's plenty of ppl don't get me wrong. but take a game like League of Legends which I know isn't an mmo.. but it has 0 grind. straight in to the action.. 12million + subscribers.. that speaks truth. anyway. sorry for the lazy typing, I don't feel like breaking this up in a more reader friendly structure.. enjoy the wall of text.

i did not enjoy that wall of text one bit, but i did read it, now i need glasses (jk, i already needed em)

JamesHudson

Post by JamesHudson » 26 Apr 2016, 05:12

albion online have not announce release date
Cheapest and Fastest Albion Online Gold

Drow
True Believer

Post by Drow » 08 Jun 2016, 00:57

that's a promising game too

Return to Off Topic