~*[The Vatican]*~ Guild Description

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Saxxon

Re: ~*[The Vatican]*~ Guild Description

Post by Saxxon » 21 Mar 2014, 01:43

You realize guys that he can actually become the Pope with 100 piety and there can be only one.

Piety

Piety is a secondary crafting skill that is extremely unique. Only one player on an entire server can reach level 100 Piety, and that person is the Pope. The 10 next highest Piety players are ranked Cardinals, but the Pope and Cardinals can begin Papal elections. The Pope receives two voices, while Cardinals receive one. This is realistic and somewhat historically accurate, but blessings are controversial.

I believe Ordo Teutonicus was sworn to protect the Pope.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/ordo-teutonicus-t854/#p8746

You may want to check and it will probably depend on their level of roleplay.

I like your idea and guild structure. The key to your power will be alliances whether it be with trade organizations and or miltaristic organizations.

Money and influence will be your weapons and it will take wise leadership to wield it correctly.

Thurgeis
Alpha Tester

Post by Thurgeis » 21 Mar 2014, 13:52

We are already in touch, but as we had no grandmaster election so far there is no agreement yet.

small note: The order was standing between the pope and the HRE emperor and because the pope didn't like that, he prohibited the order to recruit members outside the HRE ;) So the order wasn't protecting the pope, but christianity when they took the prussian/polish/lithuanian lands...at least they said it :

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 21 Mar 2014, 14:12

I didn't know there were game mechanics for Papal elections that's awesome! :)

Is it going to be just one religion supported by game mechanics though ? Or can you create your own ?
Spoiler

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 21 Mar 2014, 21:03

I'm going to chuckle when a no lifer from a PvP guild becomes Pope.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 24 Mar 2014, 09:57

Proximo wrote:I'm going to chuckle when a no lifer from a PvP guild becomes Pope.

Well the system isn't implemented as of yet and isn't planned for release I think, so no worries there.

Also never forget that player interaction trumps game-mechanics every time. At least for those amongst us who aren't completely asinine.

Thurgeis wrote:We are already in touch, but as we had no grandmaster election so far there is no agreement yet.

small note: The order was standing between the pope and the HRE emperor and because the pope didn't like that, he prohibited the order to recruit members outside the HRE ;) So the order wasn't protecting the pope, but christianity when they took the prussian/polish/lithuanian lands...at least they said it :

Indeed we are in touch :) and yes, we are still waiting for a leader to be appointed so diplomatic engagements can commence in full.

Saxxon wrote:You may want to check and it will probably depend on their level of roleplay.

I like your idea and guild structure. The key to your power will be alliances whether it be with trade organizations and or miltaristic organizations.

Money and influence will be your weapons and it will take wise leadership to wield it correctly.

Indeed, the plan isn't to become powerful through military conquest. So long as we have enough pvp-ers to protect our assets from the daily bandits it's fine.

Diplomatic and Administrative power though, those are a key focus.

As a general note to people who keep referring to "Titles" as though it holds some deeper meaning: They do not.

All the names given to roles that need to be performed within the Vatican and Papal states are just that. Names to distinguish roles from one another.

And yes it is hierarchical to a degree, but if one roll gets rewarded in some way more than another it is simply because said role takes significantly more time and effort to fulfill and is thus deserving of such.

Those that mock it because they are themselves too lazy to make a proper system with more distinguishment than "GM" "Officer" and "grunt", I would like to suggest you think about running something besides a zerg-pvp guild and see how that works out for you with such limited variation of roles.

Yours truly -The Pope

Vem

Post by Vem » 13 Sep 2014, 16:56

Also, is this guild exclusively for EU players, or is it just EU themed? So if I'm in the U.S. am I allowed/encouraged to join?

Manuelcalavera

Post by Manuelcalavera » 30 Sep 2014, 23:04

are there any slave openings?

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics